Utilities PMC - 2015-06-02 notes
We had a meeting of the Utilities PMC today, permanent notes are at:
which I've helpfully copied into this email below.
*# Utilities PMC Meeting 2015-05-19*
1. Update on CI tools (Mike Dalessio)
2. Update on CLI (Greg Oehmen)
3. Update on Eclipse plugin and Java tools (Ryan Morgan)
4. Open Discussion
* Chip Childers, Cloud Foundry Foundation
* Mike Dalessio, Pivotal (PMC lead)
* Ryan Morgan, Pivotal
* Steve Winkler, GE
* Gert Drapers, HP
* Matt Sykes, IBM
* Michael Fraenkel, IBM
*## Update on CI tools (Mike Dalessio)*
- The Toolsmiths team will be shutting down the OSS GoCD pipeline,
which was only servicing the CLI team (and they are moving to
- The Buildpacks team has moved to concourse, and will be
open-sourcing their pipeline configurations once the environment has
been secured and it's not leaking credentials
- The Concourse team has started to put together some security
recommendations for setting up a secure Concourse deployment, with
particular attention to AWS configuration.
*## Update on CLI (Greg Oehman)*
* Ongoing work on service keys with Services team
* Finishing last details of Concourse migration
* Ongoing work on Plugin API (vetted plan/implementation with community at
CF Summit CLI Open House - great experience)
* Reviving `cfhelp` refactoring work with Mike Long, IBM Designers. Will
be next feature after Plugin API
*## Update on Eclipse plugin and Java tools (Ryan Morgan)*
* Work on 1.8.3 progressing, mostly bug fixes.
* Completed a spike on Debugging a Java application via SSH. Requires
Diego and currently only works in bosh-lite. Will be included in 1.8.3.
Story for this feature: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/94617426.
*## Open Discussion*
Nothing additional was discussed.