Date 1 - 1 of 1
CF Bi-Weekly Roundup 12/2
Hi, all. As the year comes to an end, there are a few exciting things coming up I’d like to highlight:
- First off, there’s a new CFF Technical Governance Working Group, meeting Fridays at 8 am (PT). Work on this can be found here on GitHub.
- If you have a chance, please take 2-3 minutes to complete this Cloud Foundry contributor survey!
- We’ve got several Hands-on Labs coming up. We’ll be running the introductory “Try Cloud Foundry” lab twice, once targeted for folks in Asia/Pacific time zones on Thursday Dec 3 at 4:30 pm (GMT+8), run by Ram Iyengar, and once targeting folks in Africa/EU/US time zones on Thursday Dec 10 at 12 Noon (GMT+1), run by Shedrack Akintayo. Then, on December 15 at 10 am PT we have James Hunt from Stark & Wayne running a lab on CF-Protect, a very cool new project (explained further in this blog post).
- Lastly, join Ram, Shedrack and Tiffany Jernigan from VMware for a livestream this Friday Dec 4 at 10 am (PDT), where they'll be deploying 10 apps in 10 minutes on CF-for-K8s!
From the Last Few Weeks:
- The Cloud Service Broker has been proposed as an incubating project in the Extensions PMC. See the PMC notes for more details.
- The November CAB call included a discussion on Cloud Foundry adopting a conformance-based platform certification for Cloud Foundry in the future, and the idea was floated to adapt CATS for this purpose. Also, Chip urges folks to attend the technical governance meetings (mentioned above).
- Daniel Jones of EngineerBetter shared a helpful-looking versioned catalog of reusable and tested Concourse tasks.
- Kubernetes vs BOSH for Deploying Cloud Foundry | KubeCon Special - TFIR interview with Julian Fischer of anynines.
- Easily Migrate Cloud Foundry Apps from BOSH to GKE with KF - TFIR interview with James Hunt of Stark & Wayne.
- The Six Risks to Assess Before You Choose that Open Source Technology - Forbes article by Chip Childers.
- Chip Childer’s Predictions for 2021 on VM Blog. Elaborated on in this TFIR interview.
- The next Stuttgart Cloud Foundry Meetup will be on Dec 10th, and will focus on Service Brokers with Spring Cloud & Caching with Redis.
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- “Try Cloud Foundry” Hands-on Lab - 12:30 am on December 3
- CF Technical Governance meeting - 8 am on December 4
- "Deploying 10 Apps to Kubernetes in 10 Minutes" Livestream - 10 am on December 4
- CF for Kubernetes SIG meeting - 8:30 am on December 8
- Bi-Weekly CF App Runtime PMC meeting - 10:30 am on December 8
- “Try Cloud Foundry” Hands-on Lab - 3 am on December 10
- Stuttgart Cloud Foundry Meetup - 9:45 am on December 10
- CF Technical Governance meeting - 8 am on December 11
- “CF-Protect” Hands-on Lab - 10 am on December 15
- CAB call - 8 am on December 16
- CF Technical Governance meeting - 8 am on December 18
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details!
Ecosystem and General News:
- Amazon announces new EKS Kubernetes distro - AWS blog
- IBM to acquire Instana - IBM news release
- Goodbye Dockerfile: Cloud Native Buildpacks with Paketo.io & layered jars for Spring Boot - codecentric blog
- Building an Internal Kubernetes Platform - Loft blog
- Kelsey Hightower asks “When did @cloudfoundry go all in on Kubernetes?” - Twitter
- Cloud Foundry Looks to Embrace Kubernetes - ITPro UK
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Check out the jobs board and the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)
Technical Operations Manager
Cloud Foundry Foundation
|1 - 1 of 1|