Buildpacks PMC - 2015-06-15 notes
We had a meeting of the Buildpacks PMC today, permanent notes are at:
which I've helpfully snapshotted in this email below.
*# Buildpacks PMC Meeting 2015-06-15*
1. Update on Java Buildpack (Ryan Morgan)
2. Update on core Buildpacks (Mike Dalessio)
3. Open Discussion
* Chip Childers, Cloud Foundry Foundation
* Alex Tarpinian, IBM
* Michael Fraenkel, IBM
* Ruben Koster, Stark and Wayne
* Ryan Morgan, Pivotal
* Mike Dalessio, Pivotal
*## Update on Java Buildpack (Ryan Morgan)*
* Investigation on an OOM issue raised on cf-dev:
* Spike on Lunk SDK integration (Hardware security device from SafeNet):
* Next release will be 3.1, likely by the end of June.
*## Update on core Buildpacks (Mike Dalessio)*
* Started taking over maintenance of [rootfs][stacks]
* Working on building CF-specific binaries.
* Moved to Concourse. Will be made public shortly.
* [upcoming] Will soon be removing support for lucid64 rootfs.
Some discussion with Michael Fraenkel about the timing of removal of
lucid64 from `cf-release`, and whether this impacts the buildpacks
work. We'll loop up with Dieu in the Runtime PMC tomorrow.
* Released [staticfile-buildpack][static] which eliminates the static
linking of libpcre3 in the expectation of an upstream patch for
CVE-2015-3210 to rootfs.
* Released [python-buildpack][python] which updates to [python
* Released [php-buildpack][php] which includes some security improvements
and updates to PHP interpreters.
* Released [nodejs-buildpack][nodejs] which updates to nodejs 0.12.4.
Michael Fraenkel noted that he submitted a small PR to
`binary-buidpack`, which Mike Dalessio will review ASAP.
*## Open Discussion*
No additional topics were covered.