Hi folks! Reminder: nominations for
CF Summit Program Chairs is now open, as is the Summit CFP.
From the Last Few Weeks:
- Here’s the video from the last
CF-for-K8s SIG call, with an interesting
discussion on use cases and future predictions for managed K8s and
- Here’s the video from the last App
Runtime PMC call, and the
corresponding meeting notes.
- Longtime CF veteran Shannon
Coen has stepped down as CF Networking project lead as he
has moved on from VMware. Many thanks for all the leadership and major
contributions over many years, Shannon! VMware has nominated Amelia
Downs to take over as Networking lead.
- Likewise, longtime CF veteran Zach Robinson is stepping down as
Project Lead for both the CLI and CAPI projects, as he is moving to other projects within VMware. Many
thanks to Zach for all his fine work! VMware has nominated Seth Boyles to
take over as lead for CAPI, and Alexander Berez to take over as lead for
CLI. Much like when Lindsey Buckingham was kicked out of Fleetwood Mac and
they replaced him with two guitarists, Zach’s shoes will require extra
feet to fill them.
- The BOSH team has an update on Bionic
- The Buildpacks team announced end of support for Ruby v2.5.x and GoLang v1.14.x later this month.
- Shedrack wrote a piece for Container Journal: Deploying Apps to
K8s from Circle CI with Cloud Foundry.
- Watch Shedrack and Ram’s livestream from April 1: Kubernetes CI/CD
Made Easy with Cloud Foundry.
- And, they’ll be running another livestream with the Kashyap
Vedurmudi, PM for Paketo Buildpacks, on April 21: Cloud Native CI/CD
Pipelines on Kubernetes with Tekton and Paketo.
- Check out Shedrack’s Step-By-Step
Tutorial To Deploy A Node.js App To Kubernetes on HackerNoon.
and Wayne are having a “virtual
coffee” on KubeCF on April 20 – should be interesting!
- bumped Eirini to v3.1.0
- better default cf api server availability during updates
- eirini v3.1.0
- cf-deployment v16.10, v16.11
- v1.108.0 has various updates to the Cloud Controller
- v1.109.0 fixes regression in service binding parameters
- service-fabrik-broker v0.14.0,
with various new features and bug fixes
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF Technical Governance meeting – April 9 at 8 am
- CF-for-K8s SIG meeting – April 13 at 8:30 am
- Bi-weekly Runtime PMC meeting – April 13 at 10:30 am
- CF Technical Governance meeting – April 16 at 8 am
- Office Hours: Logging and Metrics – April 16 at 1:30 pm
- April CAB call – April 21 at 8 am
- Livestream: “Cloud Native CI/CD
Pipelines on Kubernetes with Tekton and Paketo” – April 21 at 9:30 am
- CF Summit – July 21-22
Check the community
calendar for updates and meeting details!
Ecosystem and General News:
Technical Operations Manager
Cloud Foundry Foundation