[ANN] cf-plugin update-cli (update cloudfoundry/cli to the latest version)

taichi nakashima

Hi,

I've written new plugin to update cloudfoundry/cli to the latest version.

https://github.com/tcnksm/cf-plugin-update-cli
(You can download it from my own plugin repo, https://t-plugins.au-syd.mybluemix.net/ui/ )

I think it should be implemented in cf/cli itself. But before that time, it will help you.
And It would be great if cf cli team provides SHASUM for each release binary on release page so that it can check it after downloading).

--
Taichi Nakashima

Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams@...>

Nice demo gif on the readme. Looks v handy!

On 24 Mar 2016, 11:05 AM +1000, TAICHI NAKASHIMA<nsd22843(a)gmail.com>, wrote:
Hi,

I've written new plugin to update cloudfoundry/cli to the latest version.

https://github.com/tcnksm/cf-plugin-update-cli
(You can download it from my own plugin repo, https://t-plugins.au-syd.mybluemix.net/ui/ )

I think it should be implemented in cf/cli itself. But before that time, it will help you.
And It would be great if cf cli team provides SHASUM for each release binary on release page so that it can check it after downloading).

--
Taichi Nakashima

Alexander Lomov <alexander.lomov@...>

Nice idea for cf cli plugin! Will certainly use it.

I also fell on thought to make PR to install specific version of cf cli.

Quick question: is tested on Windows?

On Mar 24, 2016, at 4:26 AM, Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Nice demo gif on the readme. Looks v handy!

On 24 Mar 2016, 11:05 AM +1000, TAICHI NAKASHIMA <nsd22843(a)gmail.com>, wrote:
Hi,

I've written new plugin to update cloudfoundry/cli to the latest version.

https://github.com/tcnksm/cf-plugin-update-cli
(You can download it from my own plugin repo, https://t-plugins.au-syd.mybluemix.net/ui/ )

I think it should be implemented in cf/cli itself. But before that time, it will help you.
And It would be great if cf cli team provides SHASUM for each release binary on release page so that it can check it after downloading).

--
Taichi Nakashima

taichi nakashima

Thanks,

Not yet tested on window

I don't have one so hope someone try

wrote:

Nice demo gif on the readme. Looks v handy!

On 24 Mar 2016, 11:05 AM +1000, TAICHI NAKASHIMA <nsd22843(a)gmail.com>,

I've written new plugin to update cloudfoundry/cli to the latest
version.

https://github.com/tcnksm/cf-plugin-update-cli
(You can download it from my own plugin repo,
https://t-plugins.au-syd.mybluemix.net/ui/ )

I think it should be implemented in cf/cli itself. But before that
time, it will help you.
And It would be great if cf cli team provides SHASUM for each release
binary on release page so that it can check it after downloading).

--
Taichi Nakashima

Padmashree B

Hi,

This is cool and yes it works on windows !
However, it helps to get an acknowledgement if the update was successful or not. It ends abruptly and need to run 'cf -v' to know the status.

cf update-cli
Your cf version v6.15.0 is not latest (v6.16.1)
Do you want to update?: [Y/n]: Y

Start to update to v6.16.1
Downloading: 6021596/6184613

... back to prompt

Cheers,
Padma

Koper, Dies <diesk@...>

Hi Taichi,

Nice plug-in!

I have created a proposal to support such a feature in the CLI itself.
I received some internal feedback from security people who had concerns that publishing digitally signed checksums would hopefully address.
I hope to engage security people next month and sort that out before I share my proposal on this list.

Thanks for sharing!

Cloud Foundry CLI PM

I've written new plugin to update cloudfoundry/cli to the latest version.

https://github.com/tcnksm/cf-plugin-update-cli
(You can download it from my own plugin repo, https://t-plugins.au-syd.mybluemix.net/ui/ )

I think it should be implemented in cf/cli itself. But before that time, it will help you.
And It would be great if cf cli team provides SHASUM for each release binary on release page so that it can check it after downloading).

--
Taichi Nakashima

taichi nakashima

Padma

This is cool and yes it works on windows !
Thank you for testing.

However, it helps to get an acknowledgement if the update was successful
or not. It ends abruptly and need to run ‘cf –v’ to know the status.

Added message after successfully update :)

--
Taichi Nakashima

2016年3月26日(土) 10:59 Koper, Dies <diesk(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com>:

[...]

Deis,

I have created a proposal to support such a feature in the CLI itself.
Great ! I can contribute that :)

--
Taichi Nakashima

2016年3月26日(土) 14:28 taichi nakashima <nsd22843(a)gmail.com>:

Padma

[...]

Nice, Thanks :)

Cheers,
Padma

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.