Date

Can same application be deployed to multiple spaces? #cf

borntorule73@...

Edited

Can someone suggest if a same application be deployed to multiple spaces?
If yes, can it be done using same URL or different Unique URL?

What is the topmost administrative unit in Cloudfoundry? #cf

borntorule73@...

1. Space
2. Quota
3. Organization
4. None

What is the deployment blueprint of an application #cf

borntorule73@...

Can someone please suggest what is the deployment blueprint of an application?

1. Manifest
2. Buildpack
3. Services
4. Routes
5. None

Re: Eirini in 2019 CFAR certification requirements

Sascha Matzke

Hi,

I really don't want to spoil your enthusiasm, but I would say let's run some production workloads on Eirini first and then include it in the certification (2020 maybe?).

One of the things I love about the current Cloud Foundry ecosystem is that it is continuously "battle tested" on PWS and other environments (even if it's not for altruistic reasons at all, it's still a great service for the community - Kudos Pivotal!).

I would like to see the same level of validation for Eirini before including it in the certification requirements.

Best,

Sascha

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 11:47 PM Troy Topnik <troy.topnik@...> wrote:

Eirini is coming, and a number of us are keen to see Kubernetes-native app scheduling in CFAR distributions as soon as possible. Ideally we would like these distributions to be certified by the CF Foundation when they are released.

We recognize that Eirini is still in incubation, but it’s getting closer to feature parity with Diego every day. The Cloud Foundry acceptance tests (CATs) are almost all passing, and are expected to be fully passing by the time the certification requirements are released, but the 2019 requirements are currently being drafted.

So I’d like to propose including Eirini as an alternative CFAR scheduler, assuming it will be passing the relevant tests by the time of certification.

My suggestion is a one line change to the Application Runtime section of the certification requirements:

The Application Runtime portion of a certified offering must include the following components:

There are likely more changes coming in this section from other projects, but this would be the diff from the 2018 certification requirements.

Obviously, this is a matter for discussion with the wider community and of course the PMC Council, so let’s start the discussions here on cf-dev and expose all the questions and concerns.

Cheers,

TT

--
Troy Topnik
Senior Product Manager,

--
Through the darkness of future past
the magician longs to see

[...]

troy.topnik@...

FINAL REMINDER : CF CAB call for November is next Wednesday November 14 @ 8a PST

On Nov 8, 2018, at 10:25 AM, Michael Maximilien <maxim@...> wrote:

Hi, all,

Quick reminder that the CAB call for November is next week Wednesday November 14th @ 8a PST.

We will have our regular PMCs highlights and two talks. One confirmed, so if you have one to give or to nominate then contact me directly ASAP.

The confirmed talk is a really good one. Saw it during Basel Summit. Don’t want to miss it:

1. Performance of a VM vs Containerized Cloud Foundry by Jeff Hobbs and Vlad Iovanov of SUSE [Vlad presenting]

2. TBD — send me nominations if you have

All other info in agenda here [0].

Zoom soon. Best,

routing-release 0.183.0

Shubha Anjur Tupil

We cut routing-release 0.183.0 today morning.

Release highlights:
  • Operator can specify HTTP headers to be added by Gorouter to responses details
  • Operator can specify HTTP headers to be removed by Gorouter from the responses details
  • We have updated locket to the latest commit details
  • Fixed an issue introduced with the move to BPM for TCP Router on accumulating TCP-Router HAProxy instances details
  • With the move to BPM, operators should use the syslog release for access log streaming. enable_access_log_streaming is no longer supported in the Gorouter details
  • Gorouter stdout logs includes vcap_request_id so operators can correlate the stdout logs with access logs for easier debugging of issues details
  • Route registrar now supports registration of TCP routes details
  • When an application instance crashes while processing a request Gorouter now returns an error and takes the backend out of the pool temporarily, without retrying another backend details
  • We have updated from Cflinux2 to Cflinuxfs3 details
  • We are still evaluating the issue we are having with performance reports and have not been able to get a root cause details
Regards,
Routing team

For mobile application which is the best API for login (for getting acess token)? #cf

shilpa kulkarni

Hello,

I am using cloud foundry UAA APIs. For web application I am using Authorization code grant API.
For mobile application which grant type(implicit, password, authorization code or client credentials) is best to use?
For mobile application which is the best API for login (for getting access token)?

Thanks & Regards,
Shilpa Kulkarni

Please vote: Summit NA 2019 Track Co-chairs

Swarna Podila

Hi Everyone,
Thank you very much for the overwhelming responses and nominating such stellar group of individuals to be track co-chairs for Cloud Foundry Summit North America 2019 to be held in Philadelphia from April 2-4, 2019.

Please take a look at the list of nominations for each track and cast your vote today:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CFFNA2019cochairs

Please vote for the person that you feel would represent our community's interest, for each of the tracks listed below.  We will share the list of co-chairs with the community once voting is complete.

Voting closes on Tuesday, November 13, 11:59pm PST.

Thank you,
Swarna.

Re: [CAUTION] Re: [cf-dev] BOSH PMC refactoring part 2 – moving CPIs out of incubation

Marco Voelz

Dear friends of BOSH,

As announced below: The four week grace period is over and we have removed cloudfoundry-incubator releases for the 5 CPIs below. They have been promoted out of the incubator to active projects.

If you want to continue to use them, just remove the "-incubator" from the name: see e.g. https://bosh.io/releases/github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh-openstack-cpi-release?all=1

From: <cf-dev@...> on behalf of Marco Voelz <marco.voelz@...>
Date: Tuesday, 2. October 2018 at 17:04
To: "cf-dev@..." <cf-dev@...>, "cf-bosh@..." <cf-bosh@...>
Subject: [CAUTION] Re: [cf-dev] BOSH PMC refactoring part 2 – moving CPIs out of incubation

Der friends of BOSH,

We have moved the below CPIs from the cloudfoundry-incubator to the cloudfoundry github organization. The new releases will soon arrive on bosh.io after adapting its configuration [1].

For now, bosh.io/releases will still contain both, the releases for cloudfoundry-incubator as well as the releases in cloudfoundry. After a grace period of four weeks, ending November 1st, we will remove the cloudfoundry-incubator based releases from the bosh.io/releases listing for those CPIs [2]. Until then, please adapt any references to bosh.io/releases for the 5 CPIs below.

Reach out to me directly or reply to this mail if you have any comments or this grace period won't work for you.

[1] https://github.com/bosh-io/releases/pull/58

[2] https://github.com/bosh-io/releases/pull/59

From: <cf-dev@...> on behalf of Marco Voelz <marco.voelz@...>
Date: Thursday, 23. August 2018 at 11:17
To: "cf-bosh@..." <cf-bosh@...>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev@...>

Dear friends of BOSH,

The BOSH project management committee (PMC) proposes to promote the most mature and widely used CPIs from incubation to full project status. Specifically, we want to promote these CPIs

  • AWS CPI [1]
  • OpenStack CPI [2]
  • VSphere CPI [3]
  • Google CPI [4]
  • Azure CPI [5]

Promoting the projects has some impact on their users, depending on how you consume the CPIs

  • We will move the repositories from the cloudfoundry-incubator to the cloudfoundry organization in github. Github takes care of redirecting from the old repository location to the new one, so all links and references to the old repositories should still work.
  • References on bosh.io currently include the github organization name [6]. In the past, there have been issues with people consuming outdated releases from bosh.io after they had been renamed or moved – we might need a similar mechanism of redirecting that github provides to avoid that.

Please reach out to by replying to this mail or contacting me personally if you have questions, concerns, or comments.

PS: cross-posted on cf-developers for greater reach and potential experiences about previous promotions from incubator to full project.

CF CAB call for November is next Wednesday November 14 @ 8a PST

Quick reminder that the CAB call for November is next week Wednesday November 14th @ 8a PST.

We will have our regular PMCs highlights and two talks. One confirmed, so if you have one to give or to nominate then contact me directly ASAP.

The confirmed talk is a really good one. Saw it during Basel Summit. Don’t want to miss it:

1. Performance of a VM vs Containerized Cloud Foundry by Jeff Hobbs and Vlad Iovanov of SUSE [Vlad presenting]

2. TBD — send me nominations if you have

All other info in agenda here [0].

Zoom soon. Best,

Re: bosh upload stemcell

Yitao Jiang

OpenStack networking is quite complicated,  paste your networking topology and security groups may help for diagnostics.

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 3:17 PM Russell Blue via Lists.Cloudfoundry.Org <bluerussell20=yahoo.com@...> wrote:
Hi

I create bosh on openstack (Pike). I can ssh and login on bosh-env. But I cant upload stemcell on bosh. It get error timeout.
Please help me.

Yi Tao

Re: [uaa] error when deploying (activeKeyService/encryption.active_key_label')

clauds2x@...

Worked like a charm! Thank you Nic. :)

Re: bosh upload stemcell

Tyler Bird

Hey can you also check to see if the stemcell is using the correct operating system code name?

It may present as a timeout or error too.

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 9:21 AM John Shahid <jshahid@...> wrote:

Hi,

Can you please paste the bosh command you are running and the output of
that command ?

JS

Russell Blue via Lists.Cloudfoundry.Org <bluerussell20=yahoo.com@...> writes:

> Hi
>
> I create bosh on openstack (Pike). I can ssh and login on bosh-env. But I cant upload stemcell on bosh. It get error timeout.
> Please help me.
>
> Best regards,

Re: bosh upload stemcell

John Shahid

Hi,

Can you please paste the bosh command you are running and the output of
that command ?

JS

Russell Blue via Lists.Cloudfoundry.Org <bluerussell20=yahoo.com@...> writes:

Hi

I create bosh on openstack (Pike). I can ssh and login on bosh-env. But I cant upload stemcell on bosh. It get error timeout.
Please help me.

Best regards,

bosh upload stemcell

Russell Blue

Hi

I create bosh on openstack (Pike). I can ssh and login on bosh-env. But I cant upload stemcell on bosh. It get error timeout.
Please help me.

Best regards,

cflinuxfs2 --> cflinuxfs3 transition

Josh Collins

Hi CF Community,

As of cf-deployment v6.0 (Nov 5, 2018) cf-d will deploy with support for both cflinuxfs2 and cflinuxfs3 stacks (with cflinuxfs2 continuing to be the default stack).

In cf-deployment v7.0, to be published early in December, cflinuxfs3 will become the default stack (cflinuxfs2 will continue to be supported, but will no longer be default).

Once cflinuxfs3 is the default, new apps that are pushed will be staged with cflinuxfs3 unless new apps that are pushed set the stack explicitly to cflinuxfs2. The stack property is “sticky,” so all existing apps will remain associated with cflinuxfs2 unless they are manually migrated to cflinuxfs3 (or deleted and re-created).

Both stacks will be supported for several months to allow app developers and operators time to migrate all apps from cflinuxfs2 to cflinuxfs3.

Canonical will cease support for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty) in April 2019. Therefore, at the end of March 2019, cflinuxfs2 will be removed from cf-deployment and all apps that haven’t been migrated will crash when the foundation is upgraded.

Thanks!

Josh Collins & Stephen Levine

Re: [uaa] error when deploying (activeKeyService/encryption.active_key_label')

Dr Nic Williams

For running a UAA as a CF app, try https://github.com/starkandwayne/quick-uaa-deployment-cf which generates a working uaa.yml for you; and does many other tricks.

Nic