Date

Pushing Docker images to MicroPCF

Nanduni Nimalsiri

Hi,

Is there any way to push a Dockerfile and start an application instead of pushing a publicly available docker image in Cloud Foundry. The problem is that I want to run some Docker images on Cloud Foundry, but they are not publicly available in Docker Hub. How can I proceed with this.

If I explain this scenario briefly, what I want is to deploy the artifacts[1] in MicroPCF or in Diego in Bosh-Lite. How can I run them? Can you please help.
[1]https://github.com/wso2/kubernetes-artifacts

Best regards,
Nanduni.

Re: Diego: Permission denied when starting application with startup command

MaggieMeng

Hi, Daniel

CF:230 Diego: 0.1441.0 Garden-linux: 0.327.0

I ran “chmod a+x *” under my application’s “bin” folder and then zip all files. The command for starting application is “bin/start_ngis.sh -m dev”.

I downloaded the droplet from CC after staging on diego, the file permission under “bin” folder was modified to “-rw-r--r--”.

How would diego decide which file’s permission should be preserved and which one should be modified. I found a very strange thing. Part of jar files under “bundles” folder were modified to “-rwxr--r--”. But part of them were not changed.

Thanks,
Maggie

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 5:25 PM

To: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase -
TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Reg cant find template : metron_agent

Those properties are used to specify the etcd machines to loggregator.
Those typically get auto-filled by spiff and you don't need to specify them
explicitly in the properties section [1]. Did you not generate your
manifest with the help of `scripts/generate_deployment_manifest` script in
cf-release?

Rohit

[1]:
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release/blob/develop/templates/cf-jobs.yml#L768-L769

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark) <
jayark(a)cisco.com> wrote:

Hi Rohit,

I added the cloud_controller IP for the below property and I am running
into the below exception now:-

Started preparing configuration > Binding configuration. Failed: Error
filling in template `etcd_bosh_utils.sh.erb' for `cloud_controller/0' (line
31: Can't find property `["etcd.cluster"]') (00:00:01)

Error 100: Error filling in template `etcd_bosh_utils.sh.erb' for
`cloud_controller/0' (line 31: Can't find property `["etcd.cluster"]')

Task 55 error

For a more detailed error report, run: bosh task 55 —debug

Is there a reference which I can use to find what values to be filled for
the missing properties?

Thanks

Jayaraj

From: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 4:29 PM

To: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase -
TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com>

Thanks Rohit!

That worked for metro_agent issue. Now running into the following issue
after filling the property you mentioned.

Started preparing configuration > Binding configuration. Failed: Error
filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0' (line 7: Can't find
property `["loggregator.etcd.machines"]') (00:00:00)

Error 100: Error filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0'
(line 7: Can't find property `["loggregator.etcd.machines"]')

Task 54 error

For a more detailed error report, run: bosh task 54 —debug

Nithiya was also running into the same issues. The error posted is after
applying some workarounds as seen in the web.

Regards

Jayaraj

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 3:53 PM
To: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase -
TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com>

OK cool. The error which you are getting now is different from what you
had originally posted. You need to include the following property in your
deployment and it should get fixed:

properties:
metron_agent:
deployment: <name of your deployment>

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark)
<jayark(a)cisco.com> wrote:

Hi Rohit,

Please see the output:-

root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy#
bosh -n deploy

Acting as user 'admin' on deployment 'cf-vmsdev5control' on '
vms-installdev5-control-66380'

Getting deployment properties from director...

Unable to get properties list from director, trying without it...

Cannot get current deployment information from director, possibly a new
deployment

Deploying

---------

Director task 51

Started unknown

Started unknown > Binding deployment. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment

Started preparing deployment > Binding releases. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding existing deployment. Done
(00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding resource pools. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding stemcells. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding templates. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding properties. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding unallocated VMs. Done
(00:00:01)

Started preparing deployment > Binding instance networks. Done
(00:00:00)

Started preparing package compilation > Finding packages to compile.
Done (00:00:00)

Started compiling packages

Started compiling packages >
rootfs_cflinuxfs2/3232d35298f26bcfb153d964e329fcb42c77051f

Started compiling packages >
haproxy/f5d89b125a66892628a8cd61d23be7f9b0d31171

Started compiling packages >
uaa/0e15122de61644748d111b619aff4487726f8378

Started compiling packages >
golang1.5/ef3267f8998cebcdc86a477126e79e465753aaf1

Started compiling packages >
uaa_utils/8ee843cd3e50520398f28541c513ac0d16b00877

Started compiling packages >
postgres-9.4.5/06a51985e0701707b27d45c7a5757171b5cefb8c

Started compiling packages >
buildpack_binary/e0c8736b073d83c2459519851b5736c288311d92

Started compiling packages >
buildpack_staticfile/47c22ec219ca96215c509572f7a59aae55e45535

Started compiling packages >
buildpack_php/6dae2301648646cd8ed544af53ff34be0497efe0

Started compiling packages >
buildpack_python/a5d5eeb5e255ceb3282424a28c74a4bccd3316e9

Done compiling packages >
uaa/0e15122de61644748d111b619aff4487726f8378 (00:02:52)

Started compiling packages >
buildpack_go/08a35c7097417bedf06812c7ac8931d950dfae60

Done compiling packages >
buildpack_php/6dae2301648646cd8ed544af53ff34be0497efe0 (00:03:02)

Started compiling packages >
buildpack_nodejs/da88c1de3e899a27d33c5a8d6e08e151b42a1aa8. Done
(00:00:05)

Started compiling packages >
buildpack_ruby/d37b44b37b7c95077fd9698879b78561ac0aaf52

Done compiling packages >
buildpack_go/08a35c7097417bedf06812c7ac8931d950dfae60 (00:00:37)

Started compiling packages >
buildpack_java_offline/f6b99f87508400e9d75926c1546e8d08177072ef

Done compiling packages >
buildpack_ruby/d37b44b37b7c95077fd9698879b78561ac0aaf52 (00:00:26)

Started compiling packages >
buildpack_java/0dd2a9074cdfee66f56d6a9e958c2b9e1fa9337c. Done (00:00:02)

Started compiling packages >
nginx/bf3af6163e13887aacd230bbbc5eff90213ac6af

Done compiling packages >
buildpack_java_offline/f6b99f87508400e9d75926c1546e8d08177072ef
(00:00:22)

Started compiling packages >
ruby-2.2.4/dd1b827e6ea0ca7e9fcb95d08ae81fb82f035261

Done compiling packages >
nginx/bf3af6163e13887aacd230bbbc5eff90213ac6af (00:00:33)

Started compiling packages >
libpq/14d0b1290ea238243d04dd46d1a9635e6e9812bb

Done compiling packages >
buildpack_python/a5d5eeb5e255ceb3282424a28c74a4bccd3316e9 (00:04:10)

Started compiling packages >
libmariadb/dcc142dd0798ae557193f08bc46e9bdd97e4c6f3. Done (00:00:02)

Started compiling packages >
ruby-2.1.8/b5bf6af82bae947ad255e426001308acfc2244ee

Done compiling packages >
uaa_utils/8ee843cd3e50520398f28541c513ac0d16b00877 (00:04:25)

Started compiling packages >
etcd-common/a5492fb0ad41a80d2fa083172c0430073213a296

Done compiling packages >
libpq/14d0b1290ea238243d04dd46d1a9635e6e9812bb (00:00:18)

Started compiling packages >
golang1.4/714698bc352d2a1dbe321376f0676037568147bb

Done compiling packages >
etcd-common/a5492fb0ad41a80d2fa083172c0430073213a296 (00:00:02)

Started compiling packages >
loggregator_common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5

Done compiling packages >
haproxy/f5d89b125a66892628a8cd61d23be7f9b0d31171 (00:04:28)

Started compiling packages >
debian_nfs_server/aac05f22582b2f9faa6840da056084ed15772594

Done compiling packages >
loggregator_common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5 (00:00:03)

Started compiling packages >
common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5

Done compiling packages >
debian_nfs_server/aac05f22582b2f9faa6840da056084ed15772594 (00:00:04)

Done compiling packages >
common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5 (00:00:02)

Done compiling packages >
golang1.4/714698bc352d2a1dbe321376f0676037568147bb (00:00:15)

Started compiling packages >
dea_logging_agent/3179906f4e18fa39bf8baa60c92ee51fb7ce4e22

Started compiling packages >
loggregator_trafficcontroller/612624b9a615310d1d87053101c0f64b87038ab5

Started compiling packages >
doppler/4abad345222d75f714fc3b7524c87b1829dcd187

Done compiling packages >
dea_logging_agent/3179906f4e18fa39bf8baa60c92ee51fb7ce4e22 (00:00:09)

Started compiling packages >
gnatsd/0242557ff8fc93c42ff54aa642c524b17ce203eb

Done compiling packages >
buildpack_staticfile/47c22ec219ca96215c509572f7a59aae55e45535 (00:04:51)

Started compiling packages >
etcd_metrics_server/fc0f1835cd8e95ca86cf3851645486531ae4f12b

Done compiling packages >
loggregator_trafficcontroller/612624b9a615310d1d87053101c0f64b87038ab5
(00:00:14)

Started compiling packages >
etcd/d43feb5cdad0809d109df0afe6cd3c315dc94a61

Done compiling packages >
doppler/4abad345222d75f714fc3b7524c87b1829dcd187 (00:00:17)

Started compiling packages >
metron_agent/4dfd17660ea7654bcdfbb81a15cef3b86ac22aab

Done compiling packages >
gnatsd/0242557ff8fc93c42ff54aa642c524b17ce203eb (00:00:08)

Done compiling packages >
etcd_metrics_server/fc0f1835cd8e95ca86cf3851645486531ae4f12b (00:00:11)

Done compiling packages >
metron_agent/4dfd17660ea7654bcdfbb81a15cef3b86ac22aab (00:00:14)

Done compiling packages >
etcd/d43feb5cdad0809d109df0afe6cd3c315dc94a61 (00:00:30)

Done compiling packages >
rootfs_cflinuxfs2/3232d35298f26bcfb153d964e329fcb42c77051f (00:05:47)

Done compiling packages >
buildpack_binary/e0c8736b073d83c2459519851b5736c288311d92 (00:07:34)

Done compiling packages >
golang1.5/ef3267f8998cebcdc86a477126e79e465753aaf1 (00:07:38)

Started compiling packages >
gorouter/cbbf5f8f71a32cf205d910fe86ef3e5eaa1897f5

Started compiling packages >
hm9000/082bbefc4bf586e9195ce94d21dfc4a1e7c6798f

Done compiling packages >
ruby-2.2.4/dd1b827e6ea0ca7e9fcb95d08ae81fb82f035261 (00:03:58)

Started compiling packages >
dea_next/6193e865f0a87f054d550f0e8c6ff3173e216e0e

Started compiling packages >
warden/0fc9616fdc0263f6093a58d9d4da5bb47e337ec2

Started compiling packages >
nginx_newrelic_plugin/3bf72c30bcda79a44863a2d1a6f932fe0a5486a5

Started compiling packages >
cloud_controller_ng/9ca58fcb7c289431af16f161078d22ada352ff20

Done compiling packages >
nginx_newrelic_plugin/3bf72c30bcda79a44863a2d1a6f932fe0a5486a5
(00:00:12)

Done compiling packages >
gorouter/cbbf5f8f71a32cf205d910fe86ef3e5eaa1897f5 (00:00:29)

Done compiling packages >
hm9000/082bbefc4bf586e9195ce94d21dfc4a1e7c6798f (00:00:29)

Done compiling packages >
ruby-2.1.8/b5bf6af82bae947ad255e426001308acfc2244ee (00:04:00)

Started compiling packages >
collector/9f8dfbcbcfffb124820327ad2ad4fee35e51d236

Started compiling packages >
nats/2230720d1021af6c2c90cd7f3983264ab351043b

Done compiling packages >
warden/0fc9616fdc0263f6093a58d9d4da5bb47e337ec2 (00:00:36)

Done compiling packages >
nats/2230720d1021af6c2c90cd7f3983264ab351043b (00:00:23)

Done compiling packages >
collector/9f8dfbcbcfffb124820327ad2ad4fee35e51d236 (00:00:39)

Done compiling packages >
dea_next/6193e865f0a87f054d550f0e8c6ff3173e216e0e (00:01:51)

Done compiling packages >
postgres-9.4.5/06a51985e0701707b27d45c7a5757171b5cefb8c (00:09:43)

Done compiling packages >
cloud_controller_ng/9ca58fcb7c289431af16f161078d22ada352ff20 (00:03:09)

Done compiling packages (00:10:58)

Started preparing dns > Binding DNS. Done (00:00:00)

Started creating bound missing vms

Started creating bound missing vms > small/0

Started creating bound missing vms > small/1

Started creating bound missing vms > small/2

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/0

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/1

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/2

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/3

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/4

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/5

Started creating bound missing vms > large/0

Started creating bound missing vms > large/1

Started creating bound missing vms > large/2

Started creating bound missing vms > large/3

Started creating bound missing vms > large/4

Started creating bound missing vms > large/5

Started creating bound missing vms > large/6

Started creating bound missing vms > large/7

Started creating bound missing vms > xlarge/0

Started creating bound missing vms > xlarge/1

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/2 (00:01:53)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/4 (00:01:55)

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/3 (00:01:56)

Done creating bound missing vms > xlarge/0 (00:01:56)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/1 (00:01:59)

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/0 (00:02:02)

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/4 (00:02:05)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/6 (00:02:18)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/2 (00:02:20)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/3 (00:02:20)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/5 (00:02:20)

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/5 (00:02:25)

Done creating bound missing vms > xlarge/1 (00:02:29)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/7 (00:02:31)

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/1 (00:02:33)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/0 (00:02:43)

Done creating bound missing vms > small/2 (00:02:51)

Done creating bound missing vms > small/1 (00:03:25)

Done creating bound missing vms > small/0 (00:03:31)

Done creating bound missing vms (00:03:31)

Started binding instance vms

Started binding instance vms > nfs/0

Started binding instance vms > cloud_controller/0

Started binding instance vms > loggregator/0

Started binding instance vms > loggregator_trafficcontroller/0

Started binding instance vms > api_worker/0

Started binding instance vms > dea-spare/0

Started binding instance vms > dea-spare/1

Started binding instance vms > router/0

Started binding instance vms > router/1

Started binding instance vms > haproxy/0

Started binding instance vms > cassandra/0

Started binding instance vms > cassandra_seed/0

Started binding instance vms > zookeeper/0

Started binding instance vms > redis/0

Started binding instance vms > zookeeper/1

Started binding instance vms > zookeeper/2

Started binding instance vms > kafka/1

Started binding instance vms > kafka/0

Started binding instance vms > kafka/2

Done binding instance vms > loggregator_trafficcontroller/0
(00:00:00)

Done binding instance vms > haproxy/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > router/1 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > cassandra/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > api_worker/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > loggregator/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > dea-spare/1 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > zookeeper/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > cassandra_seed/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > kafka/1 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > zookeeper/1 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > cloud_controller/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > nfs/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > router/0 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms > zookeeper/2 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms > redis/0 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms > kafka/0 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms > dea-spare/0 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms > kafka/2 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms (00:00:02)

Started preparing configuration > Binding configuration. Failed: Error
filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0' (line 5: Can't find
property `["metron_agent.deployment"]') (00:00:00)

Error 100: Error filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0'
(line 5: Can't find property `["metron_agent.deployment"]')

Task 51 error

For a more detailed error report, run: bosh task 51 --debug

Thanks
Jayaraj

From: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:29 PM
To: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase -
TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com>

Hi Rohit,

Following steps followed :-

- git clone https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release.git
-

root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/scripts#
*./update *
-

root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release# *bosh
create release releases/cf-230.yml --with-tarball*
-

root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/releases#
*bosh upload release cf-230.tgz *

- root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy#
*bosh -n deployment cf-vmsdev5control.yml*

Deployment set to `
/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy/cf-vmsdev5control.yml

- root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy#
*bosh -n deploy*

I have shared the sample deployment yml file we are using for your
reference.

Thanks

Jayaraj

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:15 PM
To: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>

Can you also list the commands on how you are creating, uploading and
deploying the release?

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark)
<jayark(a)cisco.com> wrote:

Thanks a lot Rohit for replying back very quickly!
I have run the scripts/update command after cloning the cf-release GIT
repo.
Please see the command output below:-

root(a)automation-vm-jayark:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/src/loggregator#
find . -type d -maxdepth 2

find: warning: you have specified the -maxdepth option after a
non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-maxdepth
affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it).
Please specify options before other arguments.

.

./src

./src/doppler

./src/loggregator

./src/trafficcontroller

./src/syslog_drain_binder

./src/bitbucket.org

./src/monitor

./src/matchers

./src/signalmanager

./src/deaagent

./src/tools

./src/truncatingbuffer

./src/profiler

./src/logger

./src/lats

./src/common

./src/integration_tests

./src/metron

./src/github.com

./packages

./packages/doppler

./packages/loggregator_trafficcontroller

./packages/syslog_drain_binder

./packages/dea_logging_agent

./packages/loggregator_common

./packages/loggregator-acceptance-tests

./packages/golang1.4

./packages/metron_agent

./docs

./config

./jobs

./jobs/doppler

./jobs/loggregator_trafficcontroller

./jobs/syslog_drain_binder

./jobs/dea_logging_agent

./jobs/loggregator-acceptance-tests

./jobs/metron_agent

./bin

./git-hooks

./samples

Thanks
Jayaraj

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall."
<cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Cc: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com>

Did you make sure to run "scripts/update" after cloning the cf-release
repo? Can you run "find . -type d -maxdepth 2" from within the
"src/loggregator" directory in cf-release and reply with what you get as
output?

Rohit

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 1:39 AM, Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase -
TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco) <ngnanase(a)cisco.com> wrote:

Hi

I am working on cloud foundry and I could create a development bosh
release of cloud foundry using the following source:

git clone https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release.git (added some
rules in haproxy.conf file)

When I tried to deploy with the dev release of cloud-foundry, I get
the following error:

Started preparing deployment

Started preparing deployment > Binding releases. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding existing deployment. Done
(00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding resource pools. Done
(00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding stemcells. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding templates. Failed: Can't
find template `metron_agent' (00:00:00)

Error 190012: Can't find template `metron_agent'

Kindly help me figure out the issue of the error, as this is a
show-stopper for us..

Regards

Nithiaysri

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 5:25 PM
To: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>>

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark) <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>> wrote:
Hi Rohit,

I added the cloud_controller IP for the below property and I am running into the below exception now:-

Started preparing configuration > Binding configuration. Failed: Error filling in template `etcd_bosh_utils.sh.erb' for `cloud_controller/0' (line 31: Can't find property `["etcd.cluster"]') (00:00:01)

Error 100: Error filling in template `etcd_bosh_utils.sh.erb' for `cloud_controller/0' (line 31: Can't find property `["etcd.cluster"]')

From: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 4:29 PM

To: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>>

Thanks Rohit!

That worked for metro_agent issue. Now running into the following issue after filling the property you mentioned.

Started preparing configuration > Binding configuration. Failed: Error filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0' (line 7: Can't find property `["loggregator.etcd.machines"]') (00:00:00)

Error 100: Error filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0' (line 7: Can't find property `["loggregator.etcd.machines"]')

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 3:53 PM
To: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>>

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark) <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>> wrote:
[...]

Started compiling packages > haproxy/f5d89b125a66892628a8cd61d23be7f9b0d31171

Started compiling packages > uaa/0e15122de61644748d111b619aff4487726f8378

Started compiling packages > golang1.5/ef3267f8998cebcdc86a477126e79e465753aaf1

Started compiling packages > uaa_utils/8ee843cd3e50520398f28541c513ac0d16b00877

Started compiling packages > postgres-9.4.5/06a51985e0701707b27d45c7a5757171b5cefb8c

Started compiling packages > buildpack_binary/e0c8736b073d83c2459519851b5736c288311d92

Started compiling packages > buildpack_staticfile/47c22ec219ca96215c509572f7a59aae55e45535

Started compiling packages > buildpack_php/6dae2301648646cd8ed544af53ff34be0497efe0

Started compiling packages > buildpack_python/a5d5eeb5e255ceb3282424a28c74a4bccd3316e9

Done compiling packages > uaa/0e15122de61644748d111b619aff4487726f8378 (00:02:52)

Started compiling packages > buildpack_go/08a35c7097417bedf06812c7ac8931d950dfae60

Done compiling packages > buildpack_php/6dae2301648646cd8ed544af53ff34be0497efe0 (00:03:02)

Started compiling packages > buildpack_nodejs/da88c1de3e899a27d33c5a8d6e08e151b42a1aa8. Done (00:00:05)

Started compiling packages > buildpack_ruby/d37b44b37b7c95077fd9698879b78561ac0aaf52

Done compiling packages > buildpack_go/08a35c7097417bedf06812c7ac8931d950dfae60 (00:00:37)

Started compiling packages > buildpack_java_offline/f6b99f87508400e9d75926c1546e8d08177072ef

Done compiling packages > buildpack_ruby/d37b44b37b7c95077fd9698879b78561ac0aaf52 (00:00:26)

Started compiling packages > buildpack_java/0dd2a9074cdfee66f56d6a9e958c2b9e1fa9337c. Done (00:00:02)

Started compiling packages > nginx/bf3af6163e13887aacd230bbbc5eff90213ac6af

Done compiling packages > buildpack_java_offline/f6b99f87508400e9d75926c1546e8d08177072ef (00:00:22)

Started compiling packages > ruby-2.2.4/dd1b827e6ea0ca7e9fcb95d08ae81fb82f035261

Done compiling packages > nginx/bf3af6163e13887aacd230bbbc5eff90213ac6af (00:00:33)

Started compiling packages > libpq/14d0b1290ea238243d04dd46d1a9635e6e9812bb

Done compiling packages > buildpack_python/a5d5eeb5e255ceb3282424a28c74a4bccd3316e9 (00:04:10)

Started compiling packages > libmariadb/dcc142dd0798ae557193f08bc46e9bdd97e4c6f3. Done (00:00:02)

Started compiling packages > ruby-2.1.8/b5bf6af82bae947ad255e426001308acfc2244ee

Done compiling packages > uaa_utils/8ee843cd3e50520398f28541c513ac0d16b00877 (00:04:25)

Started compiling packages > etcd-common/a5492fb0ad41a80d2fa083172c0430073213a296

Done compiling packages > libpq/14d0b1290ea238243d04dd46d1a9635e6e9812bb (00:00:18)

Started compiling packages > golang1.4/714698bc352d2a1dbe321376f0676037568147bb

Done compiling packages > etcd-common/a5492fb0ad41a80d2fa083172c0430073213a296 (00:00:02)

Started compiling packages > loggregator_common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5

Done compiling packages > haproxy/f5d89b125a66892628a8cd61d23be7f9b0d31171 (00:04:28)

Started compiling packages > debian_nfs_server/aac05f22582b2f9faa6840da056084ed15772594

Done compiling packages > loggregator_common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5 (00:00:03)

Started compiling packages > common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5

Done compiling packages > debian_nfs_server/aac05f22582b2f9faa6840da056084ed15772594 (00:00:04)

Done compiling packages > common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5 (00:00:02)

Done compiling packages > golang1.4/714698bc352d2a1dbe321376f0676037568147bb (00:00:15)

Started compiling packages > dea_logging_agent/3179906f4e18fa39bf8baa60c92ee51fb7ce4e22

Started compiling packages > loggregator_trafficcontroller/612624b9a615310d1d87053101c0f64b87038ab5

Started compiling packages > doppler/4abad345222d75f714fc3b7524c87b1829dcd187

Done compiling packages > dea_logging_agent/3179906f4e18fa39bf8baa60c92ee51fb7ce4e22 (00:00:09)

Started compiling packages > gnatsd/0242557ff8fc93c42ff54aa642c524b17ce203eb

Done compiling packages > buildpack_staticfile/47c22ec219ca96215c509572f7a59aae55e45535 (00:04:51)

Started compiling packages > etcd_metrics_server/fc0f1835cd8e95ca86cf3851645486531ae4f12b

Done compiling packages > loggregator_trafficcontroller/612624b9a615310d1d87053101c0f64b87038ab5 (00:00:14)

Started compiling packages > etcd/d43feb5cdad0809d109df0afe6cd3c315dc94a61

Done compiling packages > doppler/4abad345222d75f714fc3b7524c87b1829dcd187 (00:00:17)

Started compiling packages > metron_agent/4dfd17660ea7654bcdfbb81a15cef3b86ac22aab

Done compiling packages > gnatsd/0242557ff8fc93c42ff54aa642c524b17ce203eb (00:00:08)

Done compiling packages > etcd_metrics_server/fc0f1835cd8e95ca86cf3851645486531ae4f12b (00:00:11)

Done compiling packages > metron_agent/4dfd17660ea7654bcdfbb81a15cef3b86ac22aab (00:00:14)

Done compiling packages > etcd/d43feb5cdad0809d109df0afe6cd3c315dc94a61 (00:00:30)

Done compiling packages > rootfs_cflinuxfs2/3232d35298f26bcfb153d964e329fcb42c77051f (00:05:47)

Done compiling packages > buildpack_binary/e0c8736b073d83c2459519851b5736c288311d92 (00:07:34)

Done compiling packages > golang1.5/ef3267f8998cebcdc86a477126e79e465753aaf1 (00:07:38)

Started compiling packages > gorouter/cbbf5f8f71a32cf205d910fe86ef3e5eaa1897f5

Started compiling packages > hm9000/082bbefc4bf586e9195ce94d21dfc4a1e7c6798f

Done compiling packages > ruby-2.2.4/dd1b827e6ea0ca7e9fcb95d08ae81fb82f035261 (00:03:58)

Started compiling packages > dea_next/6193e865f0a87f054d550f0e8c6ff3173e216e0e

Started compiling packages > warden/0fc9616fdc0263f6093a58d9d4da5bb47e337ec2

Started compiling packages > nginx_newrelic_plugin/3bf72c30bcda79a44863a2d1a6f932fe0a5486a5

Started compiling packages > cloud_controller_ng/9ca58fcb7c289431af16f161078d22ada352ff20

Done compiling packages > nginx_newrelic_plugin/3bf72c30bcda79a44863a2d1a6f932fe0a5486a5 (00:00:12)

Done compiling packages > gorouter/cbbf5f8f71a32cf205d910fe86ef3e5eaa1897f5 (00:00:29)

Done compiling packages > hm9000/082bbefc4bf586e9195ce94d21dfc4a1e7c6798f (00:00:29)

Done compiling packages > ruby-2.1.8/b5bf6af82bae947ad255e426001308acfc2244ee (00:04:00)

Started compiling packages > collector/9f8dfbcbcfffb124820327ad2ad4fee35e51d236

Started compiling packages > nats/2230720d1021af6c2c90cd7f3983264ab351043b

[...]

Started preparing configuration > Binding configuration. Failed: Error filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0' (line 5: Can't find property `["metron_agent.deployment"]') (00:00:00)

Error 100: Error filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0' (line 5: Can't find property `["metron_agent.deployment"]')

From: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:29 PM
To: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>>

*

root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release# bosh create release releases/cf-230.yml --with-tarball

*

root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/releases# bosh upload release cf-230.tgz

* root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy# bosh -n deployment cf-vmsdev5control.yml

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:15 PM
To: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark) <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>> wrote:

Thanks a lot Rohit for replying back very quickly!
I have run the scripts/update command after cloning the cf-release GIT repo.
Please see the command output below:-

root(a)automation-vm-jayark:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/src/loggregator# find . -type d -maxdepth 2

find: warning: you have specified the -maxdepth option after a non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-maxdepth affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it). Please specify options before other arguments.

.

./src

./src/doppler

./src/loggregator

./src/trafficcontroller

./src/syslog_drain_binder

./src/bitbucket.org<http://bitbucket.org>

./src/monitor

./src/matchers

./src/signalmanager

./src/deaagent

./src/tools

./src/truncatingbuffer

./src/profiler

./src/logger

./src/lats

./src/common

./src/integration_tests

./src/metron

./src/github.com<http://github.com>

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Cc: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com>

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>
Cc: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>

[...]

Re: database migration

Jeff Weber <jweber@...>

Thanks for the feedback.

I've updated my plans with those steps which should help make it safer to
verify the migration did work.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 1:42 PM, James Bayer <jbayer(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

that looks pretty good. i'd probably change the following:

8) Stop jobs on old database cluster
9) Validate CF is working and connected to new database
10) Validate old database files are not changed since last backup and
back-up to new set of backup files just in case
11) Remove old database instance from the manifest

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Jeff Weber <jweber(a)cofront.net> wrote:

I've got a monolithic CF deployment that has become quite a burden to
upgraded because of it's all releases in one manifest nature. I'm currently
working on a plan to cleanup and disaggregate and the first step is to
migrate my core database into its own separate deployment.

After putting my plan together I wanted to confirm it's as simple as it
seems:

1) Deploy new database cluster
2) Stop CF services
3) Perform backup of databases on old cluster
4) Restore backups to new cluster
5) Reconfigure manifest to point to new database cluster
6) Redeploy / Start CF services with new manifest
7) Validate
8) Remove old database instance from the manifest

Is there anything outside of these basic steps to watch out for as
gotchas or should this be a straight forward set of tasks?

Re: database migration

Jeff Weber <jweber@...>

I believe in the long run the current work being done in BOSH around AZ and
links will get rid of this problem for us, but I have to figure out a way
to upgrade in the interim. My main goal currently is to remove the
deployment of our core CF database and another instance of cf-mysql-release
service from the cloud foundry manifest to make working with the
combination easier to reason about what changes impact what things. This
will leave me in a situation where I can try to fix up the rest of my
deployment without worrying about breaking the databases.

The CF manifest problem its self is a mix between not having a good grasp
on how to use spiff to compose a custom manifest and our OpenStack
deployment requirements.

The out of the box cf-jobs.yml only includes job templates for two zones
and to deal with my environment today I need a minimum of five possible
placement zones which means creating three extra sets of jobs and then
updating them every time a new release comes out. This has led to having
custom cf-jobs.yml when new properties or release requirements are added
sometimes they're missed during the upgrade process. Maybe there is a
simpler way to keep the baseline cf-jobs.yml and also add new jobs and
reference a job from cf-jobs.yml to inherit the properties I need instead
of breaking things into pieces so its easier to keep updated with what's
changed piece by piece?

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Amit Gupta <agupta(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

Hey Jeff,

Can you describe the burden you're feeling from the monolithic deployment?

We are actively working on splitting up *cf-release* into multiple
smaller, reusable, composable *releases*, but the *manifest deployment*
will stay as one unit to make it easier to ensure that your pieces are
working together, configurations make sense together, and knowing the state
of your full cluster is easier (if you're upgrading e.g. how do you know
you've upgraded all your smaller deployments if you separate them?)

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Cc: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com>

[...]

Re: routing-api and cf-230?

Christopher Piraino <cpiraino@...>

Hi Tom,

The only features that the routing-api currently provides are all
experimental, mostly related to registering HTTP and TCP routes. This means
that it is not necessary at all for a working Cloud Foundry deployment,
which is a reason we removed it from the default manifests.

We are also in the process of moving the routing-api into the
cf-routing-release
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/cf-routing-release> since it is
required fro TCP routing, another reason it was removed from default
cf-release manifests.

Hope that helps!

- Chris Piraino

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Tom Sherrod <tom.sherrod(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Openstack, cf 230

Following a manifest for 225, routing-api is part of the api_z instance.
Generating the manifest for 230, routing-api is not included. Following on
what worked, I added it. Api would not start.
routing-api failed:

{"timestamp":"1455647513.437552214","source":"routing-api","message":"routing-api.uaa-key-fetcher.fetch-key-started","log_level":1,"d
ata":{"session":"1"}}

{"timestamp":"1455647513.450663328","source":"routing-api","message":"routing-api.uaa-key-fetcher.http-error-fetching-key","log_level
":2,"data":{"error":"http-error-fetching-key","session":"1"}}

{"timestamp":"1455647513.450931787","source":"routing-api","message":"routing-api.uaa-key-fetcher.fetch-key-completed","log_level":1,
"data":{"session":"1"}}
{"timestamp":"1455647513.451057196","source":"routing-api","message":"routing-api.Failed
to get verification key from UAA","log_level
":2,"data":{"error":"http-error-fetching-key"}}

{"timestamp":"1455647583.828899622","source":"routing-api","message":"routing-api.database","log_level":1,"data":{"etcd-addresses":["
http://192.168.20.19:4001"]}}

Removed routing-api. CF deploy works fine, all appears ok.
What features will I lose with this not being deployed? We have scripts
make rest calls for routes. I haven't taken a crack at those yet.
Any additional pointers welcome.

Thanks,
Tom

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>

[...]

[...]