Date

Re: Tool To analyse memory on cf ||Application crashing on cloud foundry with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Metaspace

Mohit Garg <gargmohit3890@...>

Hi All,

I have configured new relic with my application on cloud foundry.

My applicaition is crashing on cloud foundry with following error:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Metaspace
2016-02-12T09:09:52.71+0000 [App/0] OUT #
-XX:OnOutOfMemoryError="/home/vcap/app/.java-buildpack/open_jdk_jre/bin/killjava.sh"
2016-02-12T09:09:52.71+0000 [App/0] OUT # Executing /bin/sh -c
"/home/vcap/app/.java-buildpack/open_jdk_jre/bin/killjava.sh"

But in new relic my metaspace is less than total allocated memory. and
loaded class count is 13.9K.

So I have few questions:

Does Code Cache memory and Used Compressed Class Space is part of Used
Metaspace in new relic graph under JVMs tab?
Does Used Metaspace contains the size of the loaded classes in new relic
graph under JVMs tab?
How to find the size of loaded classes in jvm by newrelic?
P.S. : I know that loaded class is part of java Metaspace. Getting confused
with new relic graphs

Change the Garbage collection policy for an app on cloud foundry

Mohit Garg <gargmohit3890@...>

Hi All,

Can any tell me how to change the Garbage collection policy in
javabuildpack.
I know Default policy is parallel GC for minor collection and MarkAndSweep
for Full GC.

But I want to change it to G1GC collection. Could you help where to
configure the changes in buildpack or key:value pair I need to add in my
manifest file for changing GC policy.

Thanks,
Mohit

Re: Tool To analyse memory on cf ||Application crashing on cloud foundry with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Metaspace

Mohit Garg <gargmohit3890@...>

Hi All,

Can any tell me how to change the Garbage collection policy in
javabuildpack.
I know Default policy is parallel GC for minor collection and MarkAndSweep
for Full GC.

But I want to change it to G1GC collection. Could you help where to
configure the changes in buildpack or in my manifest file.

Thanks,
Mohit

Diego: Permission denied when starting application with startup command

MaggieMeng

Hi, Dan

The command you suggest works. Thanks a lot for your help!

Matthew & Dan

Good to know more about how resource upload works. But I forgot to mention that I used CF java client jar instead of CF CLI. Maybe I need to upgrade it. I will try it later.

Thank you all for helping me!

Regards,
Maggie

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 5:25 PM

To: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>>

Those properties are used to specify the etcd machines to loggregator. Those typically get auto-filled by spiff and you don't need to specify them explicitly in the properties section [1]. Did you not generate your manifest with the help of `scripts/generate_deployment_manifest` script in cf-release?

Rohit

[1]: https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release/blob/develop/templates/cf-jobs.yml#L768-L769

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark) <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>> wrote:
Hi Rohit,

I added the cloud_controller IP for the below property and I am running into the below exception now:-

Started preparing configuration > Binding configuration. Failed: Error filling in template `etcd_bosh_utils.sh.erb' for `cloud_controller/0' (line 31: Can't find property `["etcd.cluster"]') (00:00:01)

Error 100: Error filling in template `etcd_bosh_utils.sh.erb' for `cloud_controller/0' (line 31: Can't find property `["etcd.cluster"]')

Task 55 error

For a more detailed error report, run: bosh task 55 —debug

Is there a reference which I can use to find what values to be filled for the missing properties?

Thanks

Jayaraj

From: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 4:29 PM

To: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>>

Thanks Rohit!

That worked for metro_agent issue. Now running into the following issue after filling the property you mentioned.

Started preparing configuration > Binding configuration. Failed: Error filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0' (line 7: Can't find property `["loggregator.etcd.machines"]') (00:00:00)

Error 100: Error filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0' (line 7: Can't find property `["loggregator.etcd.machines"]')

Task 54 error

For a more detailed error report, run: bosh task 54 —debug

Nithiya was also running into the same issues. The error posted is after applying some workarounds as seen in the web.

Regards

Jayaraj

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 3:53 PM
To: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>>

OK cool. The error which you are getting now is different from what you had originally posted. You need to include the following property in your deployment and it should get fixed:

properties:
metron_agent:
deployment: <name of your deployment>

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark) <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>> wrote:
Hi Rohit,

Please see the output:-

root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy# bosh -n deploy

Acting as user 'admin' on deployment 'cf-vmsdev5control' on 'vms-installdev5-control-66380'

Getting deployment properties from director...

Unable to get properties list from director, trying without it...

Cannot get current deployment information from director, possibly a new deployment

Deploying

---------

Director task 51

Started unknown

Started unknown > Binding deployment. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment

Started preparing deployment > Binding releases. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding existing deployment. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding resource pools. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding stemcells. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding templates. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding properties. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing deployment > Binding unallocated VMs. Done (00:00:01)

Started preparing deployment > Binding instance networks. Done (00:00:00)

Started preparing package compilation > Finding packages to compile. Done (00:00:00)

Started compiling packages

Started compiling packages > rootfs_cflinuxfs2/3232d35298f26bcfb153d964e329fcb42c77051f

Started compiling packages > haproxy/f5d89b125a66892628a8cd61d23be7f9b0d31171

Started compiling packages > uaa/0e15122de61644748d111b619aff4487726f8378

Started compiling packages > golang1.5/ef3267f8998cebcdc86a477126e79e465753aaf1

Started compiling packages > uaa_utils/8ee843cd3e50520398f28541c513ac0d16b00877

Started compiling packages > postgres-9.4.5/06a51985e0701707b27d45c7a5757171b5cefb8c

Started compiling packages > buildpack_binary/e0c8736b073d83c2459519851b5736c288311d92

Started compiling packages > buildpack_staticfile/47c22ec219ca96215c509572f7a59aae55e45535

Started compiling packages > buildpack_php/6dae2301648646cd8ed544af53ff34be0497efe0

Started compiling packages > buildpack_python/a5d5eeb5e255ceb3282424a28c74a4bccd3316e9

Done compiling packages > uaa/0e15122de61644748d111b619aff4487726f8378 (00:02:52)

Started compiling packages > buildpack_go/08a35c7097417bedf06812c7ac8931d950dfae60

Done compiling packages > buildpack_php/6dae2301648646cd8ed544af53ff34be0497efe0 (00:03:02)

Started compiling packages > buildpack_nodejs/da88c1de3e899a27d33c5a8d6e08e151b42a1aa8. Done (00:00:05)

Started compiling packages > buildpack_ruby/d37b44b37b7c95077fd9698879b78561ac0aaf52

Done compiling packages > buildpack_go/08a35c7097417bedf06812c7ac8931d950dfae60 (00:00:37)

Started compiling packages > buildpack_java_offline/f6b99f87508400e9d75926c1546e8d08177072ef

Done compiling packages > buildpack_ruby/d37b44b37b7c95077fd9698879b78561ac0aaf52 (00:00:26)

Started compiling packages > buildpack_java/0dd2a9074cdfee66f56d6a9e958c2b9e1fa9337c. Done (00:00:02)

Started compiling packages > nginx/bf3af6163e13887aacd230bbbc5eff90213ac6af

Done compiling packages > buildpack_java_offline/f6b99f87508400e9d75926c1546e8d08177072ef (00:00:22)

Started compiling packages > ruby-2.2.4/dd1b827e6ea0ca7e9fcb95d08ae81fb82f035261

Done compiling packages > nginx/bf3af6163e13887aacd230bbbc5eff90213ac6af (00:00:33)

Started compiling packages > libpq/14d0b1290ea238243d04dd46d1a9635e6e9812bb

Done compiling packages > buildpack_python/a5d5eeb5e255ceb3282424a28c74a4bccd3316e9 (00:04:10)

Started compiling packages > libmariadb/dcc142dd0798ae557193f08bc46e9bdd97e4c6f3. Done (00:00:02)

Started compiling packages > ruby-2.1.8/b5bf6af82bae947ad255e426001308acfc2244ee

Done compiling packages > uaa_utils/8ee843cd3e50520398f28541c513ac0d16b00877 (00:04:25)

Started compiling packages > etcd-common/a5492fb0ad41a80d2fa083172c0430073213a296

Done compiling packages > libpq/14d0b1290ea238243d04dd46d1a9635e6e9812bb (00:00:18)

Started compiling packages > golang1.4/714698bc352d2a1dbe321376f0676037568147bb

Done compiling packages > etcd-common/a5492fb0ad41a80d2fa083172c0430073213a296 (00:00:02)

Started compiling packages > loggregator_common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5

Done compiling packages > haproxy/f5d89b125a66892628a8cd61d23be7f9b0d31171 (00:04:28)

Started compiling packages > debian_nfs_server/aac05f22582b2f9faa6840da056084ed15772594

Done compiling packages > loggregator_common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5 (00:00:03)

Started compiling packages > common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5

Done compiling packages > debian_nfs_server/aac05f22582b2f9faa6840da056084ed15772594 (00:00:04)

Done compiling packages > common/e401816a4748292163679fafcbd8f818ed8154a5 (00:00:02)

Done compiling packages > golang1.4/714698bc352d2a1dbe321376f0676037568147bb (00:00:15)

Started compiling packages > dea_logging_agent/3179906f4e18fa39bf8baa60c92ee51fb7ce4e22

Started compiling packages > loggregator_trafficcontroller/612624b9a615310d1d87053101c0f64b87038ab5

Started compiling packages > doppler/4abad345222d75f714fc3b7524c87b1829dcd187

Done compiling packages > dea_logging_agent/3179906f4e18fa39bf8baa60c92ee51fb7ce4e22 (00:00:09)

Started compiling packages > gnatsd/0242557ff8fc93c42ff54aa642c524b17ce203eb

Done compiling packages > buildpack_staticfile/47c22ec219ca96215c509572f7a59aae55e45535 (00:04:51)

Started compiling packages > etcd_metrics_server/fc0f1835cd8e95ca86cf3851645486531ae4f12b

Done compiling packages > loggregator_trafficcontroller/612624b9a615310d1d87053101c0f64b87038ab5 (00:00:14)

Started compiling packages > etcd/d43feb5cdad0809d109df0afe6cd3c315dc94a61

Done compiling packages > doppler/4abad345222d75f714fc3b7524c87b1829dcd187 (00:00:17)

Started compiling packages > metron_agent/4dfd17660ea7654bcdfbb81a15cef3b86ac22aab

Done compiling packages > gnatsd/0242557ff8fc93c42ff54aa642c524b17ce203eb (00:00:08)

Done compiling packages > etcd_metrics_server/fc0f1835cd8e95ca86cf3851645486531ae4f12b (00:00:11)

Done compiling packages > metron_agent/4dfd17660ea7654bcdfbb81a15cef3b86ac22aab (00:00:14)

Done compiling packages > etcd/d43feb5cdad0809d109df0afe6cd3c315dc94a61 (00:00:30)

Done compiling packages > rootfs_cflinuxfs2/3232d35298f26bcfb153d964e329fcb42c77051f (00:05:47)

Done compiling packages > buildpack_binary/e0c8736b073d83c2459519851b5736c288311d92 (00:07:34)

Done compiling packages > golang1.5/ef3267f8998cebcdc86a477126e79e465753aaf1 (00:07:38)

Started compiling packages > gorouter/cbbf5f8f71a32cf205d910fe86ef3e5eaa1897f5

Started compiling packages > hm9000/082bbefc4bf586e9195ce94d21dfc4a1e7c6798f

Done compiling packages > ruby-2.2.4/dd1b827e6ea0ca7e9fcb95d08ae81fb82f035261 (00:03:58)

Started compiling packages > dea_next/6193e865f0a87f054d550f0e8c6ff3173e216e0e

Started compiling packages > warden/0fc9616fdc0263f6093a58d9d4da5bb47e337ec2

Started compiling packages > nginx_newrelic_plugin/3bf72c30bcda79a44863a2d1a6f932fe0a5486a5

Started compiling packages > cloud_controller_ng/9ca58fcb7c289431af16f161078d22ada352ff20

Done compiling packages > nginx_newrelic_plugin/3bf72c30bcda79a44863a2d1a6f932fe0a5486a5 (00:00:12)

Done compiling packages > gorouter/cbbf5f8f71a32cf205d910fe86ef3e5eaa1897f5 (00:00:29)

Done compiling packages > hm9000/082bbefc4bf586e9195ce94d21dfc4a1e7c6798f (00:00:29)

Done compiling packages > ruby-2.1.8/b5bf6af82bae947ad255e426001308acfc2244ee (00:04:00)

Started compiling packages > collector/9f8dfbcbcfffb124820327ad2ad4fee35e51d236

Started compiling packages > nats/2230720d1021af6c2c90cd7f3983264ab351043b

Done compiling packages > warden/0fc9616fdc0263f6093a58d9d4da5bb47e337ec2 (00:00:36)

Done compiling packages > nats/2230720d1021af6c2c90cd7f3983264ab351043b (00:00:23)

Done compiling packages > collector/9f8dfbcbcfffb124820327ad2ad4fee35e51d236 (00:00:39)

Done compiling packages > dea_next/6193e865f0a87f054d550f0e8c6ff3173e216e0e (00:01:51)

Done compiling packages > postgres-9.4.5/06a51985e0701707b27d45c7a5757171b5cefb8c (00:09:43)

Done compiling packages > cloud_controller_ng/9ca58fcb7c289431af16f161078d22ada352ff20 (00:03:09)

Done compiling packages (00:10:58)

Started preparing dns > Binding DNS. Done (00:00:00)

Started creating bound missing vms

Started creating bound missing vms > small/0

Started creating bound missing vms > small/1

Started creating bound missing vms > small/2

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/0

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/1

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/2

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/3

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/4

Started creating bound missing vms > medium/5

Started creating bound missing vms > large/0

Started creating bound missing vms > large/1

Started creating bound missing vms > large/2

Started creating bound missing vms > large/3

Started creating bound missing vms > large/4

Started creating bound missing vms > large/5

Started creating bound missing vms > large/6

Started creating bound missing vms > large/7

Started creating bound missing vms > xlarge/0

Started creating bound missing vms > xlarge/1

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/2 (00:01:53)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/4 (00:01:55)

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/3 (00:01:56)

Done creating bound missing vms > xlarge/0 (00:01:56)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/1 (00:01:59)

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/0 (00:02:02)

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/4 (00:02:05)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/6 (00:02:18)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/2 (00:02:20)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/3 (00:02:20)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/5 (00:02:20)

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/5 (00:02:25)

Done creating bound missing vms > xlarge/1 (00:02:29)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/7 (00:02:31)

Done creating bound missing vms > medium/1 (00:02:33)

Done creating bound missing vms > large/0 (00:02:43)

Done creating bound missing vms > small/2 (00:02:51)

Done creating bound missing vms > small/1 (00:03:25)

Done creating bound missing vms > small/0 (00:03:31)

Done creating bound missing vms (00:03:31)

Started binding instance vms

Started binding instance vms > nfs/0

Started binding instance vms > cloud_controller/0

Started binding instance vms > loggregator/0

Started binding instance vms > loggregator_trafficcontroller/0

Started binding instance vms > api_worker/0

Started binding instance vms > dea-spare/0

Started binding instance vms > dea-spare/1

Started binding instance vms > router/0

Started binding instance vms > router/1

Started binding instance vms > haproxy/0

Started binding instance vms > cassandra/0

Started binding instance vms > cassandra_seed/0

Started binding instance vms > zookeeper/0

Started binding instance vms > redis/0

Started binding instance vms > zookeeper/1

Started binding instance vms > zookeeper/2

Started binding instance vms > kafka/1

Started binding instance vms > kafka/0

Started binding instance vms > kafka/2

Done binding instance vms > loggregator_trafficcontroller/0 (00:00:00)

Done binding instance vms > haproxy/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > router/1 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > cassandra/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > api_worker/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > loggregator/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > dea-spare/1 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > zookeeper/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > cassandra_seed/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > kafka/1 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > zookeeper/1 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > cloud_controller/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > nfs/0 (00:00:01)

Done binding instance vms > router/0 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms > zookeeper/2 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms > redis/0 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms > kafka/0 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms > dea-spare/0 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms > kafka/2 (00:00:02)

Done binding instance vms (00:00:02)

Started preparing configuration > Binding configuration. Failed: Error filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0' (line 5: Can't find property `["metron_agent.deployment"]') (00:00:00)

Error 100: Error filling in template `metron_agent.json.erb' for `nfs/0' (line 5: Can't find property `["metron_agent.deployment"]')

Task 51 error

For a more detailed error report, run: bosh task 51 --debug

Thanks
Jayaraj

From: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:29 PM
To: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>, "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>>

Hi Rohit,

Following steps followed :-

* git clone https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release.git

· root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/scripts# ./update

· root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release# bosh create release releases/cf-230.yml --with-tarball

· root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/releases# bosh upload release cf-230.tgz

* root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy# bosh -n deployment cf-vmsdev5control.yml

Deployment set to `/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy/cf-vmsdev5control.yml’

* root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy# bosh -n deploy

I have shared the sample deployment yml file we are using for your reference.

Thanks

Jayaraj

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:15 PM
To: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>

Can you also list the commands on how you are creating, uploading and deploying the release?

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark) <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>> wrote:

Thanks a lot Rohit for replying back very quickly!
I have run the scripts/update command after cloning the cf-release GIT repo.
Please see the command output below:-

root(a)automation-vm-jayark:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/src/loggregator# find . -type d -maxdepth 2

find: warning: you have specified the -maxdepth option after a non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-maxdepth affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it). Please specify options before other arguments.

.

./src

./src/doppler

./src/loggregator

./src/trafficcontroller

./src/syslog_drain_binder

./src/bitbucket.org<http://bitbucket.org>

./src/monitor

./src/matchers

./src/signalmanager

./src/deaagent

./src/tools

./src/truncatingbuffer

./src/profiler

./src/logger

./src/lats

./src/common

./src/integration_tests

./src/metron

./src/github.com<http://github.com>

./packages

./packages/doppler

./packages/loggregator_trafficcontroller

./packages/syslog_drain_binder

./packages/dea_logging_agent

./packages/loggregator_common

./packages/loggregator-acceptance-tests

./packages/golang1.4

./packages/metron_agent

./docs

./config

./jobs

./jobs/doppler

./jobs/loggregator_trafficcontroller

./jobs/syslog_drain_binder

./jobs/dea_logging_agent

./jobs/loggregator-acceptance-tests

./jobs/metron_agent

./bin

./git-hooks

./samples

Thanks
Jayaraj

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>
Cc: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>

Did you make sure to run "scripts/update" after cloning the cf-release repo? Can you run "find . -type d -maxdepth 2" from within the "src/loggregator" directory in cf-release and reply with what you get as output?

Rohit

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 1:39 AM, Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco) <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>> wrote:
Hi

I am working on cloud foundry and I could create a development bosh release of cloud foundry using the following source:
git clone https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release.git (added some rules in haproxy.conf file)

When I tried to deploy with the dev release of cloud-foundry, I get the following error:

Started preparing deployment
Started preparing deployment > Binding releases. Done (00:00:00)
Started preparing deployment > Binding existing deployment. Done (00:00:00)
Started preparing deployment > Binding resource pools. Done (00:00:00)
Started preparing deployment > Binding stemcells. Done (00:00:00)
Started preparing deployment > Binding templates. Failed: Can't find template `metron_agent' (00:00:00)

Error 190012: Can't find template `metron_agent'

Kindly help me figure out the issue of the error, as this is a show-stopper for us..

Regards
Nithiaysri

Set a floting IP for the routers in the CF manifest stub

Sylvain Goulmy <sygoulmy@...>

Hi all,

I have deployed a CF (release 248) instance on top of openstack platform
and i'm currently configuring a F5 IP in front of my CF platform.

I need now to set two floating IP to my routers components. In the CF
manifest stub, there is a floating_static_ips input in the metadata section
but the documentation only talks about the haproxy.

Replace 173.1.1.1 with an existing static IP address for your OpenStack
floating network. This is assigned to the ha_proxy job to receive
incoming traffic.

Is there any possibility to set also floating IPs for the routers in the
stub ?

Thanks in advance for your support.
Sylvain.

unlimited services and routes in space quota

sukhil patil

Hi,
While defining new space quota using latest CC API version 2.48.0 , we can give instance_memory_limit & app_instance_limit
as -1 which is unlimited,However other resources such as total_services and total_routes also accepts -1.
does it also indicates that services and routes are unlimited??
It is only documented for instance_memory_limit & app_instance_limit but not for other resources.
attaching REST API http://apidocs.cloudfoundry.org/230/space_quota_definitions/creating_a_space_quota_definition.html

thanks in advance
Sukhil Patil

Re: Diego: Permission denied when starting application with startup command

Matthew Sykes <matthew.sykes@...>

Looking again, it seems the cli *tries* to set the mode but, for some
reason, the package that gets sent up doesn't have the permissions.

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/blob/master/cf/app_files/zipper.go#L294

Not sure where it's getting lost.

--
Matthew Sykes
matthew.sykes(a)gmail.com

Re: Diego: Permission denied when starting application with startup command

Daniel Mikusa

wrote:

[...]

Re: Deploying Dockerfiles in Cloud Foundry

Will Pragnell <wpragnell@...>

Hi Nanduni,

I just replied to your other email. To follow on from that - if you're
comfortable deploying CF to BOSH-Lite, it should be easy to run a custom
registry locally and add the address of it to the
`garden.insecure_docker_registry_list` property [1]. Then your CF
deployment should be able to pull docker images from your local registry.

Best,
Will

[1]:
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/garden-linux-release/blob/master/jobs/garden/spec#L89

On 17 February 2016 at 09:51, Nanduni Nimalsiri <nandunibw(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Is there any way for pushing Dockerfiles to Cloud Foundry instead of using
publicly available Docker images in Docker Hub? Actually my requirement is
to run some artifacts[1] in MicroPCF or Diego in BOSH-Lite. The problem
seems that these Docker images are not publicly available in Docker Hub. So
how can I proceed with this. Please help.
[1] https://github.com/wso2/kubernetes-artifacts

Best regards,
Nanduni

Re: Error dialing loggregator server: unexpected EOF

ramonskie

my issue was a faulty dns server
there was one dns server that did not responded or responded really slow

Re: Pushing Docker images to MicroPCF

Will Pragnell <wpragnell@...>

Hi Nanduni,

Currently there's no way to push a Dockerfile that I'm aware of. Your best
bet (assuming you can't push your image to Docker Hub) is to run a Docker
registry locally. This can be done fairly easily using the Registry image
[1]. You may even be able to run the registry on MicroPCF temporarily
(remember containers on CF are ephemeral and can't persist state to disk),
which would be kinda neat!

There's one other thing, though. By default, CF can't pull docker images
from registries that are using self signed certificates. Garden-Linux (the
container running part of CF) has a list of registries that are allowed to
break this rule (configured using the `insecure_docker_registry_list`
property [2]) so you'll need to add the address of your registry to that.
I'm afraid I don't know how to set this for MicroPCF though. Hopefully
someone more familiar with MicroPCF can advise on that.

Good luck!
Will

[1]: https://hub.docker.com/_/registry
[2]:
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/garden-linux-release/blob/master/jobs/garden/spec#L89

On 17 February 2016 at 09:36, Nanduni Nimalsiri <nandunibw(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way to push a Dockerfile and start an application instead of
pushing a publicly available docker image in Cloud Foundry. The problem is
that I want to run some Docker images on Cloud Foundry, but they are not
publicly available in Docker Hub. How can I proceed with this.

If I explain this scenario briefly, what I want is to deploy the
artifacts[1] in MicroPCF or in Diego in Bosh-Lite. How can I run them? Can
you please help.
[1]https://github.com/wso2/kubernetes-artifacts

Best regards,
Nanduni.

Deploying Dockerfiles in Cloud Foundry

Nanduni Nimalsiri

Hi all,

Is there any way for pushing Dockerfiles to Cloud Foundry instead of using publicly available Docker images in Docker Hub? Actually my requirement is to run some artifacts[1] in MicroPCF or Diego in BOSH-Lite. The problem seems that these Docker images are not publicly available in Docker Hub. So how can I proceed with this. Please help.
[1] https://github.com/wso2/kubernetes-artifacts

Best regards,
Nanduni

5501 - 5520 of 9330