Date

Re: Running Jira into Cloudfoundry

Gwenn Etourneau

DB is setup by a config file, no enviroment variable or other.
I was thinking about adding a new component to the buildpack (fork..) to
setup this file ..

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Josh Long <starbuxman(a)gmail.com> wrote:

how does the DB get configured? Why is it difficult?
Thanks,
Josh Long
Spring Developer Advocate
SpringSource
www.joshlong.com || @starbuxman

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 2:45 AM, Gwenn Etourneau <getourneau(a)pivotal.io>
wrote:
Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone succeed or tried to run Jira into cloudfoundry (ERS).

It's not that difficult with bosh but for Cloudfoundry the difficult
part is
to configure the DB.

[...]

Thanks

Re: Notifications on ORG, SPACE and USER modifications

Benjamin Black

ETags and a 304 response are specifically intended for that purpose. I'd
recommend that over relying on Last-Modified.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Koper, Dies <diesk(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com>
wrote:

Or setting the Last-Modified HTTP response header accordingly, and allow
clients to use HTTP caching mechanisms (Last-Modified, etc.) to get quick
empty responses with the current APIs if no changes have been made? (Or
maybe this is already working so – haven’t checked).

From: Mike Youngstrom <youngm(a)gmail.com>
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system
overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Date: 22.07.2015 20:57
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Notifications on ORG, SPACE and USER
modifications
Sent by: cf-dev-bounces(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org
------------------------------

We have the same need. Today we are polling the CC.

It would be nice for us also if we could get CC event notifications via
something like the firehose.

Mike

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Juan Pablo Genovese <
juanpgenovese(a)gmail.com> wrote:
I mean, I know you can list those events thru the API, but I want
something that will react on an event instead of having to be constantly
polling for them.

Sree,

thanks! Any pointers on how can I hook up to these audit events?

Thank you!

I believe there are audit events generated for all these actions which can
be captured and forwarded to an SIEM solution like splunk

Thanks,
Sree

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2015, at 8:54 AM, Juan Pablo Genovese <juanpgenovese(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

Guys,

I need to somehow hook up into the Cloud Controller (CC) to capture ORG,
SPACE and USER deletion, insertion and update.

So far, I considered some approaches, such as forking the CC (the least
favorite) and modifying the code with some hooks, tapping into Nginx to
capture the requests, and using triggers in the database to capture each
event and send the necessary info to a service.

What do you think?
Any other idea you might have?

Mis mejores deseos,
Best wishes,
Meilleurs vœux,

Juan Pablo

Mis mejores deseos,
Best wishes,
Meilleurs vœux,

Juan Pablo
http://www.jpgenovese.com

--
Mis mejores deseos,
Best wishes,

Juan Pablo

Mis mejores deseos,
Best wishes,
Meilleurs vœux,

Juan Pablo

-- Matt

Re: Notifications on ORG, SPACE and USER modifications

Koper, Dies <diesk@...>

From: Mike Youngstrom <youngm(a)gmail.com<mailto:youngm(a)gmail.com>>
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>
Date: 22.07.2015 20:57
Sent by: cf-dev-bounces(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev-bounces(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
________________________________

http://www.jpgenovese.com<http://www.jpgenovese.com/>

--
Mis mejores deseos,
Best wishes,

Juan Pablo

Mis mejores deseos,
Best wishes,
Meilleurs vœux,

Juan Pablo

-- Matt

From: Mike Youngstrom <youngm(a)gmail.com>
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system
overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Date: 22.07.2015 20:57

<stummidi(a)pivotal.io>>:
[...]

Re: Did anybody deploy a wiki as app to CF?

Matt Cowger

This is very very cool - just sent to the 200 SE's I'm training on
CloudFoundry in Tokyo this week.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 7:09 AM, Scott Deeg <sdeeg(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

I'll add Xenforo (PHP message board) to the list, but I don't have any
publicly available docs on setting it up. Is there any facility for a
mini-blog?

The OSS app project is beyond words.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:41 AM, Daniel Mikusa <dmikusa(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

That's awesome!

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 3:14 AM, Dieu Cao <dcao(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

Very cool!

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Cornelia Davis <cdavis(a)pivotal.io>
wrote:

What Josh said!! WOW!

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 6:53 PM, Josh Long <starbuxman(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

WOW!

Josh Long
the Spring Developer Advocate, Pivotal
http://joshlong.com || http://twitter.com/starbuxman ||
http://spring.io/team/jlong

On July 21, 2015 at 5:44:50 PM, Noburou TANIGUCHI (dev(a)nota.m001.jp)
wrote:

cloudfoundry.gr.jp, a Cloud Foundry user group in Japan, is currently
running
a project (or a campaign, more properly) called "Cloud Foundry 100-day
challenge" ("Cloud Foundry 100-nichi Gyou" in Japanese. "gyou"
originally
means a kind of discipline or training in Buddhism). It is an activity
make 100 open source apps run on Cloud Foundry, one app per day.

http://blog.cloudfoundry.gr.jp/search/label/%E7%99%BE%E6%97%A5%E8%A1%8C

We have done 33 apps until now. We are sorry the all articles are
presented
only in Japanese. Do they help your project, James?

Scott Deeg
Senior Field Engineer, Pivotal
sdeeg(a)pivotal.io
408-315-1583

-- Matt

Re: Notifications on ORG, SPACE and USER modifications

Dieu Cao <dcao@...>

From: Mike Youngstrom <youngm(a)gmail.com>
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system
overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Date: 22.07.2015 20:57

<stummidi(a)pivotal.io>>:
[...]

Re: "running_instances": -1

Dieu Cao <dcao@...>

-1 indicates that the state of the instances is unknown.
The CLI is purposefully converting the -1 to a ? to indicate that the state
is unknown.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Kris Kobylinski <kriskobylinski(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

After pushing an app which fails at buildpack support, the following
parameters are observed:
"state": "STARTED"
"running_instances":-1
"package_state": "FAILED"

It seems that the -1 for running instances is problematic for the CF CLI
which shows something like the following :
name requested state instances memory disk urls
app started ?/1 1G 1G app
URL

Shouldn't the running_instances be 0 ? What is the meaning of -1 ?

Thank you,

Kris

"running_instances": -1

http://kriskobylinski.mybluemix.net/ <http://koby.acndirect.com>

wrote:

cloudfoundry.gr.jp, a Cloud Foundry user group in Japan, is currently
running
a project (or a campaign, more properly) called "Cloud Foundry 100-day
challenge" ("Cloud Foundry 100-nichi Gyou" in Japanese. "gyou"
originally
means a kind of discipline or training in Buddhism). It is an activity
make 100 open source apps run on Cloud Foundry, one app per day.

http://blog.cloudfoundry.gr.jp/search/label/%E7%99%BE%E6%97%A5%E8%A1%8C

We have done 33 apps until now. We are sorry the all articles are
presented
only in Japanese. Do they help your project, James?

Scott Deeg
Senior Field Engineer, Pivotal
sdeeg(a)pivotal.io
408-315-1583

Re: Notifications on ORG, SPACE and USER modifications

Juan Pablo Genovese

From: Mike Youngstrom <youngm(a)gmail.com>
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall."
<cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Date: 22.07.2015 20:57

wrote:

Guys,

I need to somehow hook up into the Cloud Controller (CC) to capture ORG,
SPACE and USER deletion, insertion and update.

So far, I considered some approaches, such as forking the CC (the least
favorite) and modifying the code with some hooks, tapping into Nginx to
capture the requests, and using triggers in the database to capture each
event and send the necessary info to a service.

What do you think?
Any other idea you might have?

Mis mejores deseos,
Best wishes,
Meilleurs v?ux,

Juan Pablo

Mis mejores deseos,
Best wishes,
Meilleurs v?ux,

Juan Pablo
http://www.jpgenovese.com

--
Mis mejores deseos,
Best wishes,

Juan Pablo

Re: Notifications on ORG, SPACE and USER modifications

Mike Youngstrom

[...]

Re: Merge Request for

Jeff Sloyer

Hey Gwenn,

Could you merge one more?

https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/cf-meteor-buildpack/pull/7

Also, could you maybe make me a maintainer on this project as well?

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:44 PM Gwenn Etourneau <getourneau(a)pivotal.io>
wrote:

I merge it.
This repos since unmaintained since some month.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 1:32 AM, Jeff Sloyer <jsloyer(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have submitted a PR (
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/cf-meteor-buildpack/pull/3)
for the Meteor buildpack, what is the process for it getting reviewed and
merged?

wrote:

[...]

Sree Tummidi

[...]

Re: Assigning Role to Group

Filip Hanik

To elaborate a bit more, at this time the cloud controller maintains its
own roles and ACLs in the CC database.

Filip

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015, Sree Tummidi <stummidi(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

This support is not yet available

Thanks,
Sree

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 22, 2015, at 4:35 AM, Daniel Mikusa <dmikusa(a)pivotal.io
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dmikusa(a)pivotal.io');>> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 3:27 AM, Zakharov Alexey <
alexey.zakharov(a)altoros.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','alexey.zakharov(a)altoros.com');>> wrote:

>* Hi guys!
*>* Sorry if my question is newbie or it was discussed before.
*>* I want to use LDAP for users authentication/authorisation. And I’ve
*>* successfully bound CF to LDAP, and managed to configure uaac group mappings.
*>* But then I realised, that there are no way to assign a Role to that group.
*>* 'cf set-org-role’ accepts only usernames as parameter, but not groups. I
*>* think assigning Developer role to group is more flexible than assigning is
*>* to every particular user.
*>* Are you going to add this feature later? Or maybe there is an another way
*>* to do group binding?
*>
Have you looked at the `uaac` tool? I'm not quite sure I understand what
you're trying to do, but you can map an LDAP group DN to a UAA group with
`uaac`. Then if a user in that LDAP group logs in, they'll have that uaa
group. Is that what you're looking to do?

Ex:

uaac group map --name cloud_controller.admin "GROUP-DISTINGUISHED-NAME"

Or are you asking about mapping LDAP groups to CF org & space roles? i.e.
user in ldap group X is automatically given the OrgManager role in org Y.

Dan

Hi Dan!

Yes, as I’ve stated before, I’ve already managed to configure group mappings using ‘uaac group map’.

And now I want to bind group members to Organizations and Spaces. Is it possible to do?

Sorry, missed that in your original post. Last I heard no you couldn't do
this mapping, but that was a while ago though. Maybe someone on the
Identity team could confirm.