Date

Re: Incubation request: App Auto-Scaling service

Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams@...>

Nice work everyone!

On 24 Mar 2016, 2:51 AM +1000, Shannon Coen<scoen(a)pivotal.io>, wrote:
The Services PMC accepts App-Autoscaling into incubation.

Thank you to IBM for the contribution, and to Fujitsu and SAP for the commitment to assist in its maintenance and enhancement.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Christopher B Ferris<chrisfer(a)us.ibm.com(mailto:chrisfer(a)us.ibm.com)>wrote:
awesome!

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Open Technology
IBM Cloud, Open Technologies
email:chrisfer(a)us.ibm.com(mailto:chrisfer(a)us.ibm.com)
twitter: @christo4ferris
blog:https://developer.ibm.com/opentech/author/chrisfer/
phone:+1 508 667 0402(tel:+1%20508%20667%200402)

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:28 PM, Voelz, Marco<marco.voelz(a)sap.com(mailto:marco.voelz(a)sap.com)>wrote:

Thanks Dies for driving this proposal. We're looking forward to contributing with two of our engineers in full-time!

On 21/03/16 21:54, "Koper, Dies"<diesk(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com(mailto:diesk(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com)>wrote:

Hi Shannon,

Our App Auto-Scaling proposal has received overwhelming support from the community, and we have received and addressed various feedback.

Now, Fujitsu and IBM would like to put the proposal forward to the Services PMC as an incubation project.

Project name: App Auto-Scaling

Project proposal:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HHhj9ZK-trI_VVDR34bwOnWem83UAq5_Pjr9imRTazY/edit?usp=sharing

Proposed Project Lead: Michael Fraenkel (IBM)

Proposed Scope: Please refer to the Goals and Non-goals sections in the proposal

Development Operating Model: Distributed Committer Model

Technical Approach: Please refer to the Deliverables section in the proposal

Initial team committed: 7 engineers: 2 from Fujitsu, 2 from SAP, 3 from IBM (not including the Lead)

As functionally IBM’s recently open sourced app auto-scaling solution (seehttps://lists.cloudfoundry.org/archives/list/cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org/message/QRBQKDDG7PWS6EMEBWI4ARFQ3OGSSSWB) seems a good match to our proposal, the team will look at using that code.

Michael can be contacted to answer any IP concerns about this code.

Fujitsu

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:30:28 GMT

Server: nginx

{"name":"","build":"","support":"http://support.cloudfoundry.com
","version":0,"description":"","authorization_endpoint":"
http://uaa.testinceptionjk.cisco.com","token_endpoint":"
http://uaa.testinceptionjk.cisco.com
","min_cli_version":null,"min_recommended_cli_version":null,"api_version":"2.51.0","app_ssh_endpoint":"
ssh.testinceptionjk.cisco.com:2222
","app_ssh_host_key_fingerprint":null,"app_ssh_oauth_client":"ssh-proxy","routing_endpoint":"
https://api.testinceptionjk.cisco.com/routing","logging_endpoint":"wss://
loggregator.testinceptionjk.cisco.com:80
","doppler_logging_endpoint":"wss://
doppler.testinceptionjk.cisco.com:4443"}

REQUEST: [2016-03-18T16:30:28Z]

GET /login HTTP/1.1

Host: uaa.testinceptionjk.cisco.com

Accept: application/json

REQUEST: [2016-03-18T16:30:28Z]

GET /login HTTP/0.0

Referer: http://uaa.testinceptionjk.cisco.com/login

RESPONSE: [2016-03-18T16:30:28Z]

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate

Cache-Control: no-store

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:30:28 GMT

Expires: 0

Pragma: no-cache

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000 ; includeSubDomains

{"app":{"version":"3.1.0"},"links":{"uaa":"
http://uaa.testinceptionjk.cisco.com","passwd":"
https://console.testinceptionjk.cisco.com/password_resets/new","login":"
http://login.testinceptionjk.cisco.com","register":"
https://console.testinceptionjk.cisco.com/register
"},"zone_name":"uaa","entityID":"login.testinceptionjk.cisco.com
","commit_id":"9b5c13d","idpDefinitions":{},"prompts":{"username":["text","Email"],"password":["password","Password"]},"timestamp":"2016-02-05T14:27:13+0000"}

Email> admin

Password>

Authenticating...

REQUEST: [2016-03-18T16:30:35Z]

POST /oauth/token HTTP/1.1

Host: uaa.testinceptionjk.cisco.com

Accept: application/json

Authorization: [PRIVATE DATA HIDDEN]

grant_type=password&password=[PRIVATE DATA HIDDEN]&scope=&username=admin

RESPONSE: [2016-03-18T16:30:35Z]

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:30:35 GMT

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

report</title><style><!--H1
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;}
H2
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;}
H3
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;}
BODY
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;}
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A
{color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style>
</head><body><h1>HTTP Status 400 - {&quot;error&quot;: &quot;request must
by the client was syntactically incorrect.</u></p><HR size="1"
noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/7.0.61</h3></body></html>

Server error, status code: 400, error code: , message:

Password>

Authenticating...

REQUEST: [2016-03-18T16:30:42Z]

POST /oauth/token HTTP/1.1

Host: uaa.testinceptionjk.cisco.com

Accept: application/json

Authorization: [PRIVATE DATA HIDDEN]

grant_type=password&password=[PRIVATE DATA HIDDEN]&scope=&username=admin

RESPONSE: [2016-03-18T16:30:42Z]

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

*From: *Amit Gupta <agupta(a)pivotal.io>
*Date: *Friday, March 18, 2016 at 11:37 AM
*To: *"Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at
Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com>
*Cc: *"Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall."
<cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <
jayark(a)cisco.com>

*Subject: *Re: Reg the upgrade from cf-205 to cf-231

Can you do:

CF_TRACE=true cf login

so we can get more info about where that 400 response code is coming from.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 5:49 AM, Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase -
TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco) <ngnanase(a)cisco.com> wrote:

Hi Amit

Bosh deployment has completed successfully. I could set the endpoint,
but I could not login to it with the credentials I have given in the
properties. Logs and properties below.

root(a)testdeploy:/deploy# cf login

API endpoint: https://api.testdeploy.cisco.com

Email> admin

Password>

Authenticating...

Server error, status code: 400, error code: , message:

Password>

Authenticating...

Server error, status code: 400, error code: , message:

PROPERTIES::

scim:

# external_groups: null

# groups: null

userids_enabled: true

users:

- admin|<%= $common_password
%>|scim.write,scim.read,openid,cloud_controller.admin,uaa.admin,password.write

- services|<%= $common_password
%>|scim.write,scim.read,openid,cloud_controller.admin

#spring_profiles: null

Regards

Nithiyasri

*From: *Amit Gupta <agupta(a)pivotal.io>
*Date: *Friday, March 18, 2016 at 11:37 AM
*To: *"Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at
Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com>
*Cc: *"Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
[...]

Failed to deploy diego 0.1452.0 on openstack: database_z2/0 is not running after update

Yunata, Ricky <rickyy@...>

Hi,

I'm currently deploying diego on my openstack environment, however I got an error when it was updating database_z2
Below is the error message from debug.log
<Bosh::Director::AgentJobNotRunning: `database_z2/0 (16c88d30-fe70-4d42-8307-34cc85521ca7)' is not running after update. Review logs for failed jobs: etcd>

My environment are:
Stemcell : Ubuntu-trusty Version 3192
CF Release : Version 230
Diego : Version 0.1452.0
Etcd : Version 38
Garden-linux : Version 0.334.0

I'm experiencing similar error as this, however the solution didn't work for me.
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/diego-release/issues/119

This is what I'm seeing on my error log

Monit summary
Process 'etcd' not monitored
Process 'bbs' running
Process 'consul_agent' running
Process 'metron_agent' running
System 'system_localhost' running

etcd_ctl.err.log
[2016-03-23 01:22:33+0000] + /var/vcap/packages/etcd/etcdctl -ca-file=/var/vcap/jobs/etcd/config/certs/server-ca.crt -cert-file=/var/vcap/jobs/etcd/config/certs/client.crt -key-file=/var/vcap/jobs/etcd/config/certs/client.key -C https://database-z2-0.etcd.service.cf.internal:4001 ls
[2016-03-23 01:22:33+0000] Error: cannot sync with the cluster using endpoints https://database-z2-0.etcd.service.cf.internal:4001

etcd.stderr.log
2016/03/23 00:56:52 etcdmain: couldn't find local name "database-z2-0" in the initial cluster configuration

consul_agent.stdout.log
2016/03/23 01:23:26 [WARN] agent: Check 'service:etcd' is now critical
2016/03/23 01:23:29 [WARN] agent: Check 'service:etcd' is now critical
2016/03/23 01:23:32 [WARN] agent: Check 'service:etcd' is now critical
2016/03/23 01:23:35 [WARN] agent: Check 'service:etcd' is now critical
2016/03/23 01:23:38 [WARN] agent: Check 'service:etcd' is now critical
2016/03/23 01:23:41 [WARN] agent: Check 'service:etcd' is now critical
2016/03/23 01:23:41 [WARN] dns: node 'database-z2-0' failing health check 'service:etcd: Service 'etcd' check', dropping from service 'etcd'
2016/03/23 01:23:41 [WARN] dns: node 'database-z2-0' failing health check 'service:etcd: Service 'etcd' check', dropping from service 'etcd'
2016/03/23 01:23:42 [WARN] dns: node 'database-z2-0' failing health check 'service:etcd: Service 'etcd' check', dropping from service 'etcd'
2016/03/23 01:23:42 [WARN] dns: node 'database-z2-0' failing health check 'service:etcd: Service 'etcd' check', dropping from service 'etcd'

This is when I run bosh instances --ps
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| Instance | State | AZ | VM Type | IPs |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| access_z1/0 (598f16db-60c2-4c13-bcec-85ae2a38102d)* | running | n/a | access_z1 | 192.168.3.44 |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| access_z2/0 (a83d049d-6c95-417e-84f4-9aced8a9136f)* | running | n/a | access_z2 | 192.168.4.56 |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| brain_z1/0 (a95c56bb-a84d-41b4-91b1-ade57c773dbe)* | running | n/a | brain_z1 | 192.168.3.40 |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| brain_z2/0 (eb386b16-c8e4-4c04-9582-20f4161f6e03)* | running | n/a | brain_z2 | 192.168.4.52 |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| cc_bridge_z1/0 (b9870145-26d7-4e59-9358-97c43db6a110)* | running | n/a | cc_bridge_z1 | 192.168.3.42 |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| cc_bridge_z2/0 (7477b06f-e501-4757-abda-8e29c7c15464)* | running | n/a | cc_bridge_z2 | 192.168.4.54 |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| cell_z1/0 (a6ef0a8c-52c0-4bd2-abfb-2fcf0101dd24)* | running | n/a | cell_z1 | 192.168.3.41 |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| cell_z2/0 (36f012e3-2013-44aa-9a92-18161d6854ad)* | running | n/a | cell_z2 | 192.168.4.53 |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| database_z1/0 (5428cca8-9832-42f4-9b3a-a822eb6d7e96)* | running | n/a | database_z1 | 192.168.3.39 |
| etcd | running | | | |
| bbs | running | | | |
| consul_agent | running | | | |
| metron_agent | running | | | |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| database_z2/0 (16c88d30-fe70-4d42-8307-34cc85521ca7)* | failing | n/a | database_z2 | 192.168.4.51 |
| etcd | unknown | | | |
| bbs | running | | | |
| consul_agent | running | | | |
| metron_agent | running | | | |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| database_z3/0 (c802162f-0681-479e-bb9c-98dac7d78941)* | running | n/a | database_z3 | 192.168.5.31 |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| route_emitter_z1/0 (f7f7a8f3-9784-4b99-b0a5-6efb4d193cf5)* | running | n/a | route_emitter_z1 | 192.168.3.43 |
+------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----+------------------+--------------+
| route_emitter_z2/0 (7f4e7fb7-7986-432e-a2e3-b298d3070753)* | running | n/a | route_emitter_z2 | 192.168.4.55 |

I tried to stop all running etcds on database_z1 and database_z2, then `rm -rf /var/vcap/store/etcd/*` on both of the VMs and monit start the etcd process again. It seems that only 1 etcd service can be run. If I monit start etcd on the database_z2 first before database_z1, database_z2 will be running, instead database_z1 will fail. But, if I do it on database_z1 first before database_z2, then database_z1 will be running and database_z2 will fail.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve this? Thanks

Regards
Ricky
Disclaimer

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may contain content that is subject to copyright and/or is commercial-in-confidence and is intended only for the use of the above named addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, copying or use of the information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please telephone Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd on + 61 2 9452 9000 or by reply e-mail to the sender and delete the document and all copies thereof.

Whereas Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd would not knowingly transmit a virus within an email communication, it is the receiver’s responsibility to scan all communication and any files attached for computer viruses and other defects. Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd does not accept liability for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic) however caused, and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from this communication or any files attached.

If you do not wish to receive commercial and/or marketing email messages from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd, please email unsubscribe(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com

5101 - 5120 of 9414