Date

Re: Does Diego support memory swap?

Sam Dai

According to this code https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/garden-linux/blob/master/linux_container/limits.go#L74-L75, memory.limit_in_bytes and memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes are set to the same limit value, it looks like when memory usage exceeds the limit, the kernel of diego won't swap out any pages

Re: Does Diego support memory swap?

Sam Dai <dayfei2000@...>

According to this code https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/garden-linux/blob/master/linux_container/limits.go#L74-L75 <https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/garden-linux/blob/master/linux_container/limits.go#L74-L75>, memory.limit_in_bytes and memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes are set to the same limit value, it looks like when memory usage exceeds the limit, the kernel of diego won't swap out any pages

Re: CF Auto-scaling with an external application

Koper, Dies <diesk@...>

Hi Giovanni,

You could take a look at this project that IBM recently open sourced, it does memory based scaling, and is written in Java.
https://github.com/cfibmers/open-Autoscaler

Also note that since last week CF has an Incubation Project on App Auto-Scaling. You may find that by the time you finish your thesis, CF has an auto-scaling service.