Date

Re: Cloud Controller System Domain vs App Domains

Tom Sherrod <tom.sherrod@...>

Would solution 2 allow/work with a system domain?
Solution #2 means api.domain is now taken so there could be no other app
deployed to api.domain. Application developers may not be happy with the
limitation, requiring another domain. Defeats the purpose of solution #2?

Tom

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Nicholas Calugar <ncalugar(a)pivotal.io>
wrote:

Hi John,

The point of seeding is so that there aren't two decisions (code paths)
for requests to create a route. Seeding the database requires no changes to
route creation logic.

Would anyone else like to comment on either of the two proposals before we
make a decision and start implementing a fix?

Thanks,

Nick

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 10:52 AM john mcteague <john.mcteague(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

For option 2 would it not be simpler to have a single property such as
cc.blacklisted_system_domain_routes that contains the desired list and have
the CC deny route requests for those routes?

I don't see what storing them in the DB or creating real routes actually
buys us here. Everything would be available via config.

I'm in favour of some form of option 2 for those of us who have existing
deployments but would rather not make a change in either app or system
domains but are exposed to this issue.

John.
On 31 Mar 2016 5:47 a.m., "Nicholas Calugar" <ncalugar(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

Hi Cloud Foundry,

We've had a recurring issue brought to our attention regarding a Cloud
Foundry deployment using a system_domain that is in the list of
app_domains. When the system domain is in the list of app domains, a Shared
Domain is created for the system domain. This is problematic because it
allows users to create routes on the system domain, see this [1] recent
issue as an example.

[1] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cloud_controller_ng/issues/568

I'd like to propose two solutions and get some feedback regarding which
the community would prefer. Please respond with your preferred solution and
a brief reason why.

*Solution 1 - Require a Unique System Domain*

Instead of recommending a unique system domain, we would enforce this in
the Cloud Controller. The proposed change is as follows:

1. REQUIRE system_domain to NOT be in the list of app_domains
2. REQUIRE a system_domain_organization

This will create a Private Domain for the system domain. Failure to
configure correctly would not allow the Cloud Controller to start.

If we decide to implement this, an operator should ensure their
deployment uses a unique system domain and a system_domain_organization and
correct DNS entries before upgrading.

Example for BOSH-lite

- app_domains: [bosh-lite.com]
- system_domain: system.bosh-lite.com
- system_domain_organization: system

- api endpoint: api.system.bosh-lite.com
- sample app endpoint: dora.bosh-lite.com

Example for a PaaS:

- app_domains: [yuge-paas-apps.io]
- system_domain: yuge-pass.com
- system_domain_organization: yuge-system-org

- api endpoint: api.yuge-paas.com
- sample app endpoint: dora.yuge-paas-apps.io

*Pro: *Cloud Controller now enforces what was previously the
recommended configuration for separate system and apps domains.
Con: Second SSL cert for the system domain and possibly a second DNS
record if system domain is not covered by the current wildcard record.

*Solution 2 - Cloud Controller Seeds System Routes*

To prevent a non-system app from requesting a hostname on a shared
system domain, the Cloud Controller will take a list of hostnames and seed
the database with routes. As routes are associated with a space, we will
require a system_organization and system_space. An operator could choose to
omit hostnames as desired.

cc.system_hostnames:
system domain.
default: [api,uaa,login,doppler,loggregator,hm9000]
cc.system_space:
default: system

*Pro:* Significantly less change for operators running Cloud Foundry
with matching system and apps domains.
*Con: *Cloud Controller has knowledge of unrelated system components
and the list of defaults needs to be maintained as we add and remove
components.

Thanks,

-Nick
--
Nicholas Calugar
CAPI Product Manager

Re: Failed to deploy diego 0.1452.0 on openstack: database_z2/0 is not running after update

Yunata, Ricky <rickyy@...>

Thank you very much George & others who have helped me. Really appreciate it!

Ricky Yunata

Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 17:38:18 GMT

Server: nginx

{"name":"","build":"","support":"http://support.cloudfoundry.com","
version":0,"description":"","authorization_endpoint":"
http://uaa.vi
kramdevtest1.io","token_endpoint":"
http://uaa.vikramdevtest1.io","m
in_cli_version":null,"min_recommended_cli_version":null,"api_versio
n":"2.51.0","app_ssh_endpoint":"ssh.vikramdevtest1.io:2222","app_ss
h_host_key_fingerprint":null,"app_ssh_oauth_client":"ssh-proxy","ro
uting_endpoint":"https://api.vikramdevtest1.io/routing","logging_en
dpoint":"wss://loggregator.vikramdevtest1.io:4443","doppler_logging
_endpoint":"wss://doppler.vikramdevtest1.io:4443"}

REQUEST: [2016-04-05T17:38:18Z]

GET /login HTTP/1.1

Host: uaa.vikramdevtest1.io

Accept: application/json

RESPONSE: [2016-04-05T17:38:18Z]

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate

Cache-Control: no-store

Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 17:38:18 GMT

Expires: 0

Pragma: no-cache

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000 ; includeSubDomains

{"app":{"version":"3.1.0"},"links":{"uaa":"http://uaa.vikramdevtest

1.io","passwd":"https://console.vikramdevtest1.io/password_resets/n
ew","login":"http://login.vikramdevtest1.io","register":"https://co
nsole.vikramdevtest1.io/register"},"zone_name":"uaa","entityID":"lo
gin.vikramdevtest1.io","commit_id":"9b5c13d","idpDefinitions":{},"p
rompts":{"username":["text","Email"],"password":["password","Passwo
rd"]},"timestamp":"2016-02-05T14:27:13+0000"}

Email> admin

Password>

Authenticating...

REQUEST: [2016-04-05T17:38:29Z]

POST /oauth/token HTTP/1.1

Host: uaa.vikramdevtest1.io

Accept: application/json

Authorization: [PRIVATE DATA HIDDEN]

grant_type=password&password=[PRIVATE DATA HIDDEN]&scope=&username=admin

RESPONSE: [2016-04-05T17:38:29Z]

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 17:38:29 GMT

404 Not Found: Requested route ('uaa.cisco.com') does not exist.

Server error, status code: 404, error code: , message:

Password> root(a)dev-inception-vm1
:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vikramdevtest1/cf-deploy#

Regards

Nithiyasri

Re: Cf login doesnt work

Sree Tummidi

Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 17:38:29 GMT

[...]

George Dean

Hi Ricky,

Fair enough, that sounds like an alright plan for now. If you decide to reenable SSL in the future and run into these problems again, please don't hesitate to let us know and we can try to give you a hand.

Thanks,
George

Proposal: Import-Path Service for Cloud Foundry Golang Repositories

Eric Malm <emalm@...>

Dear CF Community,

The following proposal describes an import-path service for Cloud Foundry's
Golang code repositories, and is submitted for your questions and feedback.
This service would provide a stable import path for all CF Golang projects
at the "code.cloudfoundry.org" domain, allowing users of CF Golang
libraries to import them from a consistent location while freeing CF
project teams to move their Golang source-code repositories across CF
GitHub organizations in accordance with the Foundation lifecycle
conventions. It would require some initial effort by the CF project teams
to change existing repositories to use the new import-path domain instead
of github.com/cloudfoundry or github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator, but we
intend to ease that transition with tooling.

https://bit.ly/cf-import-path-service

Thanks,
Eric Malm, CF Runtime Diego PM

Re: Binary Service Broker Feature Narrative

Mike Dalessio

Re: cf v233 api_z1/api_z2 failing

Ranga Rajagopalan

Thanks, Omar.