Date

Re: CVE-2016-4468 UAA SQL Injection

Guillaume Berche

Thanks Chip for this communication.

I'm wondering whether there is a CFF-maintained resource with the list of
CF-related CVEs the OSS community can have access to (ideally in a
programmatic way) ?

Similarly, is there CVE databases into which the CFF feeds the CF-related
CVEs (such as mitre.org [1] into which I could not yet find CF-related CVE
and CFF does not appear as a CNA [2]).

[1] https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acve.mitre.org+cloud+foundry
[2] https://cve.mitre.org/cve/cna.html

Guillaume.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 6:02 PM, Chip Childers <cchilders(a)cloudfoundry.org>
wrote:

CVE-2016-4468 UAA SQL Injection Severity

High
Vendor

Cloud Foundry Foundation
Versions Affected

-

Cloud Foundry release v237 and earlier versions
-

UAA release v3.4.0 and earlier versions
-

UAA release V12 and earlier versions

Description

There is the potential for a SQL injection attack in UAA for authenticated
users.
Mitigation

OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:

-

Upgrade to Cloud Foundry v238 [1] or later
-

For standalone UAA users
-

For users using UAA Version 3.0.0 - 3.4.0, please upgrade to UAA
Release to v3.3.0.2 [3] or v3.4.1 [4]
-

For users using standalone UAA Version 2.X.X, please upgrade to UAA
Release to v2.7.4.4 [2]
-

For users using UAA-Release (UAA bosh release), please upgrade to
UAA-Release v12.2 [5] if upgrading to v3.4.1 [4] or v11.2 [6] if upgrading
to v3.3.0.2 [3]

Credit

Graham Viski, Digital Transformation Office, Australian Government
References

[1] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release/releases/tag/v238

[2] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/releases/tag/2.7.4.4

[3] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/releases/tag/3.3.0.2

[4] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/releases/tag/3.4.1

[5]
http://bosh.io/releases/github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa-release?version=12.2

[6]
http://bosh.io/releases/github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa-release?version=11.2

History

2016-06-30: Initial vulnerability report published

Re: [CF CLI] App Push Question

Koper, Dies <diesk@...>

Hi Wayne,

About half a year ago I looked into this.
The issue with doing this from the CLI is that with the current CC APIs the CLI would still need to download all the files from git to upload them;
So lots of work for something an alias can do for you just as well, and the only value it would add is that it reduces the number of characters you need to type? Taking your example, by 15 characters (from 86 to 71)?

I thought it would be more interesting if CC could download the app files (and manifest?) from the (remote) repo itself, that would make the push operation significantly faster, maybe open up new workflows like CC pulling updates from git, but I believe the CAPI team at the time wasn’t interested.

Feel free to write a CLI plug-in, publish it in the CF-Community plugin repo and see how well it gets picked up?

Cloud Foundry CLI PM

From: "Koper, Dies" <diesk(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thursday 30 June 2016 at 02:40
To: "cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org" <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Subject: [cf-dev] CF CLI v6.20.0 Released Today

The CF CLI team just cut 6.20.0. Binaries and link to release notes are available at:

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli#downloads

Route Services and Routes with Paths

Route services can now be bound to routes with paths.

Binding Security Groups to All Spaces of an Org

Security groups can now be bound to all spaces of an org in one command call.

Fixed Regressions

* Plug-in failures
Some plug-ins failed since cf CLI 6.17.0 due to an unintended change to the response of the CliCommandWithoutTerminalOutput function (#866<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/866>)
* .* in .cfignore
While cf CLI 6.13.0 correctly interprets pattern .* in .cfignore to mean ignore all files starting with a period, cf CLI 6.14.0 and greater ignores all files and fails to push the app.
This has been corrected. (#870<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/870>)
* cf copy-source with non-existing target app produces confusing error message
While cf CLI 6.17.1 correctly fails with a message that the target app could not be found, cf CLI 6.18.1 fails saying the target space could not be found.
This is addressed, and the command's help has been improved to clarify that the target app has to exist. (#849<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/849>)
* Negative WaitGroup Counter Panic
The cf CLI could panic when pushing an app when the noaa library the CLI uses to retrieve logs does a retry. (#850<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/850>)

Updated Commands

* bind-route-service and unbind-route-service now accept a route path
* bind-security-group now allows the space name to be omitted, binding the security group to all spaces of the org

New & Updated Community Plugins

* Copy Env v1.0.0: https://github.com/jthomas/copyenv
* Usage Report v1.3.1: https://github.com/krujos/usagereport-plugin
* Antifreeze v0.3.0: https://github.com/odlp/antifreeze

Enjoy!

Cloud Foundry CLI PM

UAA with MySQL Service - SQLException

Bryan Perino

Hello All,

I have pushed UAA to my Pivotal Web Services account and bound it to the ClearDB MySQL Database service. I have set the environment variables to activate the default and mysql profiles. Unfortunately, the UAA app is throwing a SQLException on startup and won't display the login page.

I have confirmed that this information is almost correct as per the service credentials. The only difference is the mysql2 in the connection URL. The service defines the connection URL as:

For some reason, mysql gets replaced with mysql2. Here is the deployment manifest.yml:

https://gist.github.com/bryantp/ebb96e7b3d5208278c9d289f1d9951d9

Here is the full log from the browser:

https://gist.github.com/bryantp/75f500026d9b5bebb572c43b5f87563d

Do I have to do anything for UAA to pick this up? I was under the assumption that it would detect the bound service and then apply the correct information (Which it seems it did)

Thanks for any assistance.

Re: Spring OAuth2 - tokenInfoUri

Bryan Perino

Figured it out. I needed to define more information in my application.yml. Namely, the client information

security:
oauth2:
client:
clientId: myId
clientSecret: my-secret
resource:
userInfoUri: http://localhost:8080/uaa/userinfo
tokenInfoUri: http://localhost:8080/uaa/check_token
preferTokenInfo: true

How To Manage List Subscriptions

Ryan Baxter

I am trying to manage my list subscription settings, but when I log into
lists.cloudfoundry.org, it doesn't say I am subscribed to any lists. I know
I am because I am getting emails ;). I was subscribed to some lists before
they were moved to being managed by the Linux Foundation so maybe that has
something to do with it? Can you advise how I should manage my list
subscriptions?