Date

Re: Does diego support window server 2016?

Amin J

Hi Xiangyi,

The community version of CF supports Windows cells with Server 2012 right
now. Currently we don't have an official support for Windows Server 2016.
The same goes with windows docker images. There may be a plan to start
officially supporting Windows Server 2016 in the near future.

Thanks!
Amin & David

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 1:38 AM Meng, Xiangyi <Xiangyi.Meng(a)dell.com> wrote:

Hi,

I know Diego 1.0 has been released and we want to try it out in our dev
environment. Just have a couple of questions. Could anyone help to answer?

1. Does community version CF support Diego windows cell? If it is
true, what is the minimal version?

2. Does Diego support windows server 2016?

3. Does Diego support windows docker image?

If possible, please guide us with documentation or webpage link. We really
appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Maggie

Does diego support window server 2016?

Meng, Xiangyi <Xiangyi.Meng@...>

Hi,

I know Diego 1.0 has been released and we want to try it out in our dev environment. Just have a couple of questions. Could anyone help to answer?

1. Does community version CF support Diego windows cell? If it is true, what is the minimal version?

2. Does Diego support windows server 2016?

3. Does Diego support windows docker image?

If possible, please guide us with documentation or webpage link. We really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Maggie

USN-3151-2: Linux kernel (Xenial HWE) vulnerability

Molly Crowther

The following notice has been posted to cloudfoundry.org/security:
https://www.cloudfoundry.org/usn-3151-2/

It details the information for the new versions of the BOSH stemcell that
mitigate a high-severity kernel CVE.

Users are strongly encouraged to upgrade BOSH stemcells in all deployments
to one of the following versions:

- Upgrade all earlier versions to 3151.5
- Upgrade 3233.x versions to 3233.6 or later
- Upgrade 3263.x versions to 3263.12 or later
- Upgrade 3312.x versions to to 3312.7 or later

Thanks,
Molly Crowther
Cloud Foundry Foundation Security Team

CF CAB call next week Wednesday December 14th @ 8a PST --- last one for 2016

Quick reminder of the final CAB call of 2016 is next Wednesday, December 14th @ 8a PST.

In addition to open QAs with CF PMs, we are also looking for suggestions of two or three cloudfoundry-community projects or new proposals to highlight and perhaps have a short presentation on. Please reply directly to me with your suggestions and nominations (nominating yourself is perfectly fine).

Finally, join the slack.cloudfoundry.org and join the #CAB channel for previous and future discussions.

Talk to you all next week. We'll send one more reminder on this list.

Best,

Chip, James, and Max

dr.max
ibm cloud labs
sillicon valley, ca

Sent from my iPhone

Re: CF-Extensions kickoff meeting on Thursday @ 11a PDT @ Pivotal SF in Pictor

Michael Maximilien

Final reminder, see info below.

Remember to join https://appear.in/cf-extensions or come to 4th floor Pictor if at Pivotal or phone info below if we get a lot of participants.

Look forward to chatting and your feedback. Best,

ibm cloud labs

From: Lisa Doan <ldoan(a)pivotal.io>
Date: Wednesday, 30 November 2016 at 18:03
To: "Voelz, Marco" <marco.voelz(a)sap.com>
Cc: Guillaume Berche <bercheg(a)gmail.com>, "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>, Dan Podsedly <dpodsedly(a)pivotal.io>, Chip Childers <cchilders(a)cloudfoundry.org>, "cholick(a)gmail.com" <cholick(a)gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Re: FW: issue tracker permissions

Hi Marco -- there is a chance we can start this by the end of the year. It has taken us a little while longer than expected to complete the features that were ahead of it, but they should be releasing in the next few weeks, and we then can start to focus on Viewers being able to follow. Due to the holidays and other year-end distractions, we probably won't complete the entire feature set by end of year. But it is still very high on our priority list as we know it is important to you and many of our customers. My apologies for the delay.

Thanks,
Lisa

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 6:54 AM, Voelz, Marco <marco.voelz(a)sap.com<mailto:marco.voelz(a)sap.com>> wrote:
Dear Lisa,

How is the "viewers can follow stories" feature coming along? Today is the last day of November, I haven't seen it in Tracker's release notes or received any update from your side since the two mails below. Any chance that we get that feature by the end of the year?

From: Lisa Doan <ldoan(a)pivotal.io<mailto:ldoan(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Monday, 26 September 2016 at 18:26
To: "Voelz, Marco" <marco.voelz(a)sap.com<mailto:marco.voelz(a)sap.com>>
Cc: Guillaume Berche <bercheg(a)gmail.com<mailto:bercheg(a)gmail.com>>, "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>, Dan Podsedly <dpodsedly(a)pivotal.io<mailto:dpodsedly(a)pivotal.io>>, Chip Childers <cchilders(a)cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cchilders(a)cloudfoundry.org>>, "cholick(a)gmail.com<mailto:cholick(a)gmail.com>" <cholick(a)gmail.com<mailto:cholick(a)gmail.com>>

Hi all -- a couple people reached out asking for a date for Viewers can follow. We are currently targeting November of this year.

Thanks,
Lisa

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Lisa Doan <ldoan(a)pivotal.io<mailto:ldoan(a)pivotal.io>> wrote:
Hi all,

Just to re-iterate, we do have this feature prioritized on the Tracker team. I'm sorry we haven't been able to deliver this yet, but there are a number of other higher priority items that we must attend to before we can begin this work. We will keep you posted as we get closer to implementing this.

Thanks,
Lisa

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 12:54 AM, Voelz, Marco <marco.voelz(a)sap.com<mailto:marco.voelz(a)sap.com>> wrote:
Dear Guillaume,

Thanks for your efforts in this direction. As I already stated before, it is really a pain that you are not able to follow stories or comment when not being a member in a Pivotaltracker project. However, github issues aren’t more than a crutch, probably not even a good one.

For example, GH issues cannot be ordered. They are in the order of creation, priorization is not visible. Therefore, if you look e.g. at the BOSH mirror [1], there are a bunch of “unstarted” and “unscheduled” issues, the first “started” one comes on page 2. For bugs, it gets more confusing. Most people have the github bot activated, which creates a PT story for each GH issue created. This is already confusing, because you have two places where potentially updates to this bug could be located in, and nobody knows where to look. Add in the mirroring, and now you have three places, see an example for the buildpacks [2]. All of this is not your fault, it is a restriction on how GH deals with issues and the fact that we’re distributing information over more than one place.

While I appreciate your efforts and time spent on this: I strongly feel that is an issue that can only be solved by one of two options:
• The Pivotaltracker team implementing the necessary functionality
• Migrating to a different tracker

I’m trying all I can to push for the first option by talking to Dan and Lisa, but other features seem to be more important to the PT team. In November, it has been a year since I asked for this, so my confidence isn’t very high that it is going to happen at all. For me that just means option two is getting more and more realistic every day.

[1] https://github.com/cf-tm-bot/bosh/issues
[2] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/staticfile-buildpack/issues/85