Date

Reset password : if the unregistered email address entered then also giving success message. #cf

shilpa kulkarni

Hi,

If I pass email id (which is not registered)for reset password link  then it should give error message but it is giving success message only. I am not getting where to change that code.
Can anyone please provide solution for this?

Thanks & Regards
Shilpa

Re: Feedback requested: Sticky sessions: If request includes VCAP_ID cookie, always include it in the response

David McClure

Jonathan is correct.

This issue applies whether or not the reverse proxy is a route service. In fact, while the reproduction steps in the original post used a route service, later in the issue, the original poster indicates that the use case they care about solving for currently is using nginx as the reverse proxy (not as a route service).

And yes, I believe it also applies if the proxy and the backend are deployed on two different CF's (though that is not what we care about now, so if a solution cut that out of scope, I think it'd be fine).

In any case, I think the issue title feels OK still given the above, but thanks for asking the question and giving us a chance to clarify!

From: <cf-dev@...> on behalf of David McClure <dmcclure@...>
Reply to: "cf-dev@..." <cf-dev@...>
Date: Friday, 5. June 2020 at 19:19
To: "cf-dev@..." <cf-dev@...>

Hi all,

Recently, the following feature request was made for gorouter:

The suggestion for implementing this feature in gorouter is relatively simple and we have validated that it works: If the request includes a VCAP_ID cookie, then always include a VCAP_ID in the response.

While the cookie in the response is redundant in most cases, we think this is a reasonable change to make. It would only impact applications that use sticky sessions.

That said, we wanted to bring this up to a wider audience before proceeding. Please respond here or on the issue if you can share any reasons why we should not make this change.

Additional background:

Currently, when an application sets a cookie that matches one of the sticky session cookie names configured for gorouter, the gorouter will add an additional Set-Cookie header with the name __VCAP_ID__ with the value being the instance ID of the backend that handled that request. On subsequent requests, as the client includes this cookie in the request, the gorouter will route the request to the same instance. If it succeeds, it does not include the instance ID in the response (as this was assumed to be redundant information). The only exceptions currently are 1) if the backend sets the session cookie (most don't do this in every response for the same reason - it's usually redundant), or 2) if the backend instance was not found (e.g. because that instance failed or was rescheduled to another cell).

The current implementation described above works in most cases, but fails in the following way when there is a cf-deployed proxy in front of the backend.

In that case, the request path looks like this:

client -> gorouter -> proxy -> gorouter -> backend

In this scenario, the first gorouter in front of the proxy fails to find the instance ID of the backend, as it only looks for instances of proxy. Because it fails to match, in its response, it sets the cookie to an instance of the proxy app instead, and the subsequent request gets routed to a random backend. It ends up in a pattern where 2 requests go to the same backend at a time, and then flipping to a different one.

A workaround in the current implementation of the gorouter is to always have the backend application set the session cookie. This works, but requires changes to application code.

Thanks!

Dave

Engineer on #networking

Re: Seeking Nominations: Cloud Foundry Extensions PMC

Chip Childers <cchilders@...>

This sounds great, and aligns with how Dr Max combined running the CAB calls and leading the Extensions PMC. I'll leave this until EOD today, and then start a vote within the PMC.

Chip Childers
Executive Director
Cloud Foundry Foundation

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 6:45 PM, Neil MacDougall NMacDougall@... wrote:

All,

I believe we are still seeking nominations for the extensions PMC.

I’d like to nominate Troy Topnik from SUSE – he has a passion for Cloud Foundry that would serve the extensions PMC well.

Regards,

Neil

From: Swarna Podila <spodila@...>
Date: Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 00:57
Subject: Re: Seeking Nominations: Cloud Foundry Extensions PMC

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder to send us your nominations by the end of Friday (May 8).

Cheers!

-- Swarna Podila (she/her)

Senior

 Director

, Community

 | Cloud Foundry Foundation

You can read more about pronouns here, or please ask if you'd like to find out more.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 4:30 PM Swarna Podila <spodila@...> wrote:

Hi All,

You may have seen Dr. Max's note earlier.  After leading Extensions PMC for almost four years, he would like to step down and make space for new folks to take on the role.

Please send in your nominations for a new lead for Cloud Foundry Extensions PMC by the end of day next Friday, May 8, 2020.

-- Swarna Podila (she/her)

Senior

 Director

, Community

 | Cloud Foundry Foundation

You can read more about pronouns here, or please ask if you'd like to find out more.

Feedback requested: Sticky sessions: If request includes VCAP_ID cookie, always include it in the response

David McClure

Hi all,

Recently, the following feature request was made for gorouter:

The suggestion for implementing this feature in gorouter is relatively simple and we have validated that it works: If the request includes a VCAP_ID cookie, then always include a VCAP_ID in the response.

While the cookie in the response is redundant in most cases, we think this is a reasonable change to make. It would only impact applications that use sticky sessions.

That said, we wanted to bring this up to a wider audience before proceeding. Please respond here or on the issue if you can share any reasons why we should not make this change.

Additional background:

Currently, when an application sets a cookie that matches one of the sticky session cookie names configured for gorouter, the gorouter will add an additional Set-Cookie header with the name __VCAP_ID__ with the value being the instance ID of the backend that handled that request. On subsequent requests, as the client includes this cookie in the request, the gorouter will route the request to the same instance. If it succeeds, it does not include the instance ID in the response (as this was assumed to be redundant information). The only exceptions currently are 1) if the backend sets the session cookie (most don't do this in every response for the same reason - it's usually redundant), or 2) if the backend instance was not found (e.g. because that instance failed or was rescheduled to another cell).

The current implementation described above works in most cases, but fails in the following way when there is a cf-deployed proxy in front of the backend.

In that case, the request path looks like this:

client -> gorouter -> proxy -> gorouter -> backend

In this scenario, the first gorouter in front of the proxy fails to find the instance ID of the backend, as it only looks for instances of proxy. Because it fails to match, in its response, it sets the cookie to an instance of the proxy app instead, and the subsequent request gets routed to a random backend. It ends up in a pattern where 2 requests go to the same backend at a time, and then flipping to a different one.

A workaround in the current implementation of the gorouter is to always have the backend application set the session cookie. This works, but requires changes to application code.

Thanks!

Dave

Engineer on #networking

Is SAML configuration optional in UAA? #uaa

Enrique Cano

Hi

If we don't need to use the SAML protocol with UAA, do we really need to configure that section e.g. encryption keys? It seems UAA won't start if that section is empty.

Thanks
Enrique

cf-for-k8s 0.3.0 alpha release

Saikiran Yerram <syerram@...>

Hello CF community,

We just shipped cf-for-k8s 0.3.0 alpha release.

Feedback Survey

We would love to hear from the CF community on your experience with cf-for-k8s. Your feedback helps us improve our product and processes. Please take a moment to submit your feedback with this survey. Thanks in advance!

Notable changes since the last (v0.2.0) release

New features and Bug fixes

  • 🔥 Platform operators can now set ingress certs for cf apps using the new property workloads_certificate🔥
    • By separating certificate properties for CF API domain (system_certificate), app domains (workloads_certificate), and internal system components (internal_certificate), operators get granular control in creating certificates for different domains.
  • Resolved an issue when upgrading the internal Minio blobstore to new versions (Issue #164).
  • Resolved an issue when upgrading the internal Postgres database (Bitnami Postgres helm chart) (Issue #212). Please note that kapp exits [1] before the Postgres statefulset is available. In addition, rotating database passwords on an existing install do not currently work.
  • Platform operators can now install cf-for-k8s on Kubernetes 1.18 version. You can follow the newest (1.18) and the oldest version (1.14) changes by watching supported_k8s_versions.yml file.
  • Platform operators and app developers can see metrics after pushing the app using the cf cli v7 rolling strategy (Issue #177).
  • Platform operators will now get an error message if the kapp CLI version does not meet the minimum kapp version required to install cf-for-k8s. (This was already the case for vendir and ytt.)
  • Platform operators should see a reduction in insufficient CPU errors when installing cf-for-k8s (Issue #103). With PriorityClass for DaemonSet, K8s will schedule DaemonSet first before scheduling pods.
  • Platform operators can now consume Istio pilot metrics.
  • App Developers can pass environment variables with cf push (Issue #163).

[1] This is a known issue. You will have to manually check for the statefulset pod health before running cf-cli commands.

Other updates

  • CAPI now includes API readiness configuration, so that it can receive traffic only when it’s ready to accept.
  • Changed prefix for user-facing CAPI names to "cf-api".

What we are working on next

  • Continue to resolve issues pertaining to cf-for-k8s upgradability. With v0.3.0 release, Operators can now upgrade Minio, PostgresDB, and config-maps changes. Our next milestone is to resolve upgrade issues with system components, K8s cluster version, and 3rd party components.
  • Incorporate the full set of Paketo Cloud Native Buildpacks into cf-for-k8s.
  • Collaborate with contributing projects in establishing a workflow on consuming releases.

Have a question, reach out to us

Our slack channels

Interested in contributing?

  • You can also start by improving the docs. Install cf-for-k8s using the deploy docs and if you notice issues or discrepancies in the docs, you can submit a PR.

From: Swarna Podila <spodila@...>
Date: Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 00:57

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder to send us your nominations by the end of Friday (May 8).

Cheers!

-- Swarna Podila (she/her)

Senior

 Director

, Community

 | Cloud Foundry Foundation

You can read more about pronouns here, or please ask if you'd like to find out more.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 4:30 PM Swarna Podila <spodila@...> wrote:

Hi All,

You may have seen Dr. Max's note earlier.  After leading Extensions PMC for almost four years, he would like to step down and make space for new folks to take on the role.

Please send in your nominations for a new lead for Cloud Foundry Extensions PMC by the end of day next Friday, May 8, 2020.

-- Swarna Podila (she/her)

Senior

 Director

, Community

 | Cloud Foundry Foundation

You can read more about pronouns here, or please ask if you'd like to find out more.

Cloud Foundry Community Award Nomination Form

Paige O'Connor <poconnor@...>

Google Forms
Having trouble viewing or submitting this form?
Fill out in Google Forms
I've invited you to fill out a form:
Cloud Foundry Community Award Nomination Form
Please nominate individuals and/or teams from our community for the bi-annual Cloud Foundry Community Awards. These Awards recognize and appreciate contributions from the individuals in the CF community and will be presented at NA Summit.
    Email address *
    Categories *
    Committed Contributor Awesome Advocate Inspirational User
    Name of Nominee *
    Give us brief insight into why you nominated this individual and/ or team. *
Create your own Google Form

Re: Routing Release 0.201.0

Amelia Downs

*golang 1.14.4

Sadly, we are not living in some great post-pandemic future.