Date

What happened to Maven Central releases #uaa

Mike Roda

Hi,

Does anyone know why there are no new UAA releases being published to Maven Central after 4.30.0 ?

Mike

New slack channel - services feedback for v3 / v7

Aditya Tripathi

Hello cf-dev!

I represent the team that is building out services things for the v3 API and v7 CLI.

We're trying an experiment to get fast feedback via slack for services related topics.

If this sounds interesting, please consider joining the #services-feedback channel on the cloud foundry slack. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Aditya Tripathi

IMPORTANT NOTICE: [python-buildpack] End of support for Python versions 3.4.x after 2019-11-18

Elliott Shanks

The first release of the Python buildpack after November 18, 2019 will no longer include Python versions 3.4.x These Python versions will no longer be supported upstream.[1] Please migrate your Python apps to supported versions of Python before that time.

Note: Unless you are manually specifying a version of Python for the buildpack to use, or you have customized your Python buildpack, no action is required.

[1] https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-343/

Thanks,

Elliott Shanks, CF Buildpacks PM

cf CLI 6.47.0 regression and Windows not released

Abby Chau

Hi all,

cf CLI 6.47.0 released but a regression found

This is to let folks know that we've released cf CLI 6.47.0 which includes a multi-month refactor of `cf login`. See release notes for more information. However we've received reports that for some users, they've experienced issues using `cf login` on some platforms. We believe we've found the underlying cause now and will be releasing a patch soon. cf CLI `6.47.0` has now been marked as a pre-release.

Windows support not released in cf CLI 6.47.0

This point might be moot given the above but we wanted to give you a heads up that due to cert renewal for Windows taking longer than expected, 6.47.0 does not include Windows support. We've recently received news that the cert has been renewed and so we are optimistic that we will be able to include Windows support in a release soon. We'd like to hear from you if this has an impact on your operations.

Please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any questions or concerns via this email or through Cloud Foundry Slack #cli. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Best,

Abby Chau
cf CLI, Product Manager

Issue for some users logging into CF using cf CLI 6.47

Abby Chau

Hi everyone,

This is to inform everyone that we've had reports some users on cf CLI release 6.47.0 are experiencing issues with `cf login`. We are reviewing this issue and will provide updates as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Abby

Re: New CLA tool for Cloud Foundry

Chris Clark

CLA migration is complete, as of several minutes ago.

EasyCLA is now set up on all public repositories in the cloudfoundry, cloudfoundry-incubator, and openservicebrokerapi orgs.
Dreddbot is disabled, and is scheduled for retirement in coming weeks.

Please let me know have any questions or run into any issues with pull requests (chrisclark on CF Slack, christopherclark on GH)!
Less urgently, if you have any thoughts on the new CLA workflow goes, or if there's anything that could be more intuitive, I'd love to hear about that as well.

cf7 CLI beta.26, roadmap, and deprecation of custom client workflows

Abby Chau

Hi everyone,

We've released cf7 CLI beta.26! Here are some highlights:
  • support for adding labels to resources so that you can tag and track resources. For example: add labels to track billing and usage, or add labels to your app such as commits, environment information, etc
  • support for rolling deployments on cf restart - now you can restart your application without incurring downtime
  • support for --origin on delete-user; if you are using external identity providers, you can use this new flag in order to disambiguate the user you want to delete from the UAA internal data store
See release notes here for more information including a large refactoring effort for cf login, and many new commands now backed by the v3 API.

Important note:

This release does not include the Windows installer because we are working on renewing the cert. We are currently working to include the Windows installer in the next release.

Deprecation Announcement for Custom Client Workflow

This release adds a deprecation notice to login and auth for "custom client workflows". In an early version of the cf CLI, support was added to allow users to extend their refresh token using the config.json. If users require a longer-lived token, see the UAAC docs on how to do so. Instead of this workflow, use the cf auth command instead for pipeline-related use cases. More details can be found in the release notes above.

New Roadmap Details in GitHub Projects

We've added our roadmap information to GitHub so that you folks are able to review our current priorities for the next few months. We've also added a section where we are hoping to get feedback from you for items under consideration.

We plan on releasing cf CLI v6.47 soon, which will include the login work. cf CLI v6.47 will also not include the Windows Installer but we hope to it include soon. In the meantime, do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or feedback. We hang out in Cloud Foundry Slack #cli. Have a good weekend.

Best,

Abby, the v3 Acceleration and cf CLI teams

Re: [Proposal] Deprecation of the firehose endpoint

Mitch Seaman

Hi Steffen, confirmed. Dopplers are part of the v2 firehose, so the gRPC endpoint will still be available when v1 is deprecated.

Regards,
Mitch

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 2:29 AM Steffen Uhlig <steffen.uhlig@...> wrote:
Hi Jesse and Loggregator team,

we are using the gRPC endpoint[1] on the Dopplers to export logs and metrics into an internal system. Can you confirm that this endpoint is not affected by this change?

[1] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/loggregator-release/blob/e923f2fb3875d99ed3f8b5c8777bb9ffac0dd52b/jobs/doppler/spec#L21

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Steffen

--
Steffen Uhlig
Senior Software Engineer, IBM Cloud Development

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Matthias Hartmann
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294

--
Mitchel Seaman
Associate Director, Product Management

CAB call for October 2019 is next week Wednesday 16th @ 8a Pacific

CAB call for October 2019 is next week Wednesday 16th @ 8a Pacific.

If you have a talk, a project, or would like to do a redux of your talk at CF Summit in The Hague, please contact me ASAP.

Reply here or ping me on Slack. Best,

Re: SIG Meeting: Cloud Foundry for Kubernetes

Krannich, Bernd

Forgot to mention it: We are also “reviving” the corresponding Slack channel #cf-for-k8s on Cloud Foundry Slack (https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community/ à Cloud Foundry Slack).

From: Bernd Krannich <bernd.krannich@...>
Date: Thursday, 10. October 2019 at 15:59
To: "cf-dev@..." <cf-dev@...>, "cf-bosh@..." <cf-bosh@...>
Cc: Julz Friedman <julz.friedman@...>, Simon Moser <sdmoser@...>, Dieu Cao <dcao@...>, Eric Malm <emalm@...>, Jeff Hobbs <jeff.hobbs@...>, Troy Topnik <troy.topnik@...>, Jens Huesken <jens.huesken@...>, Swarna Podila <spodila@...>, Chip Childers <cchilders@...>
Subject: SIG Meeting: Cloud Foundry for Kubernetes

Hello all,

In a set of conversations before, at, and after CF Summit in The Hague, people from IBM, Pivotal, SAP and Suse (cc’d) came to the conclusion that it would be a good idea to suggest a “revival” of the Cloud Foundry for Kubernetes Special Interest Group meetings. The goal is to create an open forum for bringing up and discussing topics around moving Cloud Foundry on top of Kubernetes.

The first meeting of the SIG will be on October 15th, 8:30 AM PST and the next instance of the recurring meeting is on October 29th, two weeks later. Please see the Cloud Foundry community calendar [1] for the invites and dial-in. Additionally, Swarna has kindly created a Google doc [2] to collect meeting minutes and to collect topics that people want to discuss in this forum – so, please add the topics you would like to discuss to the Google doc. Additionally, we would like to record the meetings.

So, our call to the community is to join these calls if the topic of Cloud Foundry on top of Kubernetes is of interest for you. Looking forward to talking to you.

Thanks,

Julian Friedman (IBM), Simon Moser (IBM), Dieu Cao (Pivotal), Eric Malm (Pivotal), Jeff Hobbs (Suse), Troy Topnik (Suse), Jens Huesken (SAP), Bernd Krannich (SAP)

P.S.: This call does not replace but complement the existing CFF SIG Lifecycle Marco Voelz has announced earlier.

[1] https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community-calendar/

[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ULNBEjlrNAgn3ko9y8ZJfwI7mw5-oofYdjl-dhkEoDA/edit#

[3] https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-bosh/message/2639

Bernd Krannich

SAP Cloud Platform

SAP SE

Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16, 69190 Walldorf, Germany

T +49 6227 7-66220, F +49 6227 78-23923, E bernd.krannich@...

Pflichtangaben/Mandatory Disclosure Statement: www.sap.com/impressum

Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

[...]

Jesse Weaver

Hello, all,

We wanted to follow up on this deprecation timeline.

We still plan to deprecate the v1 firehose, and our target is now the end of the year (the end of December 2019).

Sincerely,
The Loggregator Team

Re: Project Quarks Alpha Release

Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams@...>

Well done to all the teams involved!

For anyone at SpringOne, a demo of SCF/cf-operator will appear in Matthias and my talk tomorrow at 10:30 in 18AB “Platforms Demystified”

Stark & Wayne LLC
+61 437 276 076
twitter @drnic

Project Quarks Alpha Release

Vlad Iovanov <VIovanov@...>

Hello everyone,

On behalf of the Quarks team, I'd like to introduce Cloud Foundry Operator v0.4.2.

https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/cf-operator/releases/tag/v0.4.2

This is our first alpha release. Post CF Summit EU, we gathered feedback and made some bugfixes.

Many thanks to everyone that's been testing and working with us to make this happen.

Getting started is really easy, you can try the snippets below. For detailed requirements and advanced usage, please find us on slack (#quarks-dev).

There are many cool things to learn and experiment with, including Eirini.

kubectl create namespace scf

helm install --namespace cf-operator \

     --name cf-operator \

     --set operator.watchNamespace=scf \

     https://s3.amazonaws.com/cf-operators/release/helm-charts/cf-operator-v0.4.2%2B0.g604925f0.tgz

helm install \

    --namespace scf \

    --name scf \

    --set "system_domain=scf.suse.dev" \

    https://scf-v3.s3.amazonaws.com/scf-3.0.0-2f83620.tgz

Contributors are welcome!

Thanks,

The Quarks team

Re: Windows versions supported by UAA #uaa

Dan Beneke

Hi Enrique -

A couple additions.  As UAA is an embedded dependency within CF, you would probably find more documentation about deployment of 'CF on Windows' than you would 'UAA on Windows'.  Additionally, we've considered windows usage in our buildout of the new go-based CLI for UAA.  You'll find a deployment for windows here.

Dan

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 5:49 AM Enrique Cano <enrique.canocarballar@...> wrote:
Thanks for your reply, Daniel.
No concerns, other than Windows doesn't seem to be mentioned much in the documentation. Just wanted to make sure we can run it on Windows, that was all.

Thanks!
Enrique

Re: Windows versions supported by UAA #uaa

Enrique Cano

Thanks for your reply, Daniel.
No concerns, other than Windows doesn't seem to be mentioned much in the documentation. Just wanted to make sure we can run it on Windows, that was all.

Thanks!
Enrique

Re: Windows versions supported by UAA #uaa

Daniel Mikusa

The UAA server is written in Java so it's quite portable. Is there a specific concern that you have?

Dan

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 6:13 AM Enrique Cano <enrique.canocarballar@...> wrote:
Hi community

Is UAA supported on Microsoft Windows, and if so, what versions?

Many thanks in advance

Enrique

Windows versions supported by UAA #uaa

Enrique Cano

Hi community

Is UAA supported on Microsoft Windows, and if so, what versions?

Many thanks in advance

Enrique

Re: Update to Credhub encryption to use Key Encryption Key (KEK) protocol scheme

Mike Lloyd <mike@...>

Credhub team,

What does the migration plan for this feature look like? Is the migration from key types a non-breaking change, or will it require all new deployments and keys?

Thanks,

Mike.