Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: [all buildpacks] End of support for cflinuxfs2 on all new dependency version lines within buildpacks

Elliott Shanks

This notice is regarding the end of support for cflinuxfs2 and how it affects all buildpacks and dependencies contained within them.

cflinuxfs2 (based on Ubuntu 14.04) is no longer receiving security updates due to the end of upstream support. As we desire to ensure that buildpacks are always shipped with the latest security patch updates, all new dependency version lines within buildpacks will only be shipped with cflinuxfs3.

We understand that migrating applications over to cflinuxfs3 can take some time. Because of that, existing dependency version lines that support cflinuxfs2 will continue to receive patch updates for both cflinuxfs2 and cflinuxfs3.

Warning: It is not safe to run applications on cflinuxfs2. While buildpacks will still contain dependencies supported on cflinuxfs2, we do not recommend that they be used due to the absence of security updates for cflinuxfs2.

Additionally, a secondary notice will be coming in the near future explaining the timeline for ending cflinuxfs2 supported buildpacks.

Thanks,

CF Buildpacks Team

CF CLI v6.44.0

Brendan Smith <brsmith@...>

We released!¬†ūüéČ

Highlights of our current release notes:

  • Client credentials update to address security concerns
  • Deprecation Notice for some subcommands
  • Using client credential for setting org and space roles
  • Minimum Version Warning
  • Built with Golang 1.12.1¬†
  • New Translations

Contributors:
Thomas Viehman, Will Murphy, Brendan Smith, Abby Chau, Andrew Crump, Alexander Berezovsky, SAPI team (Aarti Kriplani, Alex Blease, George Blue, Georgi Lozev, Henry Stanley, Nikolay Maslarski, Will Martin) for all the services-related work, Simon Seif (thanks for the pull request!), V3 Acceleration Team

Thanks all!

Brendan and the CF CLI team

Re: CF CLI v6.44.0

Brendan Smith

Hello,

Unfortunately this release shipped with a regression when authenticated with `--client-credentials`. When authenticating with client credentials, the CLI does not show logs for commands such as `cf logs` and `cf push`.

Thanks to the CF Release Integration team for reporting this issue. We are working on a patch to fix this regression.

If your workflow involves `cf auth --client-credentials` you may want to hold off upgrading until a patched version is released.

Best,
Brendan and the CF CLI team

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 9:25 AM Brendan Smith <brsmith@...> wrote:
We released!¬†ūüéČ

Highlights of our current release notes:

  • Client credentials update to address security concerns
  • Deprecation Notice for some subcommands
  • Using client credential for setting org and space roles
  • Minimum Version Warning
  • Built with Golang 1.12.1¬†
  • New Translations

Contributors:
Thomas Viehman, Will Murphy, Brendan Smith, Abby Chau, Andrew Crump, Alexander Berezovsky, SAPI team (Aarti Kriplani, Alex Blease, George Blue, Georgi Lozev, Henry Stanley, Nikolay Maslarski, Will Martin) for all the services-related work, Simon Seif (thanks for the pull request!), V3 Acceleration Team

Thanks all!

Brendan and the CF CLI team

[REQUEST for REVIEW] Upcoming CF-Deployment v9.0 release with an important security update

Saikiran Yerram

Hello CF folks,

We plan to release cf-deployment v9.0 with an important security update. Please review the following doc and provide your feedback. Anyone with the link above can review and comment.

Lastly, if you have any questions please reach out to Release Integration team on CF slack channel:
  • #cf-deployment
  • #release-integration
--
Saikiran Yerram
PM - CF R&D Release Integration

REMINDER: CAB call for May is next week Wednesday 15th @ 8a Pacific

Reminder that the CAB call for May is next Wednesday 15th @ 8a Pacific.

We will have regular highlights, QAs, as well as three exciting talks:

1. Deploying application sidecars in Cloud Foundry by Tim Downy (Pivotal) and Scott Sisil (Pivotal) [1]

2. Comcast presentations by Sergey Matochkin and engineering team
  a. Vault plugin for authentication for CF & Spring [2]
  b. External DNS connector for Cloud Foundry [3]

All other info in agenda [0]. Zoom soon. Best,

ibm ‚ėĀ¬†

ibm ‚ėĀ¬†

CF Application Runtime PMC: Loggregator Project Lead Call for Nominations

Eric Malm

Hi, everyone,

Johannes Tuchscherer, the lead for the Loggregator project within the Application Runtime PMC, is stepping down from the project, as he has recently left Pivotal. We thank him for his many years of service and contribution within the Cloud Foundry community, both as a product manager and as an engineer.

The Loggregator team, located in Denver, now has an opening for its project lead. Project leads must be nominated by a Cloud Foundry Foundation member. Please send nominations directly to me or in reply to this message no later than 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, May 20, 2019.

Also, if you have any questions about the role or the nomination process, as described in the CFF governance documents (https://www.cloudfoundry.org/governance/cff_development_operations_policy/), please let me know.

Thanks,
Eric Malm, CF Application Runtime PMC Lead

Re: CF Application Runtime PMC: Loggregator Project Lead Call for Nominations

Eric Malm

Hi, everyone,

Pivotal is nominating Fred Krone for the Loggregator Project Lead in the Application Runtime PMC.

Fred is currently working at Pivotal as a product manager on the Loggregator team. Prior to that, he has worked for the past year as a product manager on the Pivotal application usage service project and before that as a product manager on Gemfire and Apache Geode since January 2017. Before joining Pivotal, Fred worked as product manager at both Riot Games and Twilio on their enterprise data teams.

Please send any other nominations directly to me or in reply to this message no later than 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, May 20, 2019.

Thanks,
Eric Malm

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 3:41 PM Eric Malm <emalm@...> wrote:
[...]

token retrieve url throwing 401 error

Arun Gupta <guptaarun11@...>

Hi Team,
We are in the process of evaluating resource based dynamic authorization platform using cloudfoundry uaa and eclipse keti.

While accessing below token  tokenKeyUrl  , I am getting 401 error code. Can someone help me.  I am using gradlew -Dspring.profiles.active=default,postgresql run command to run cloudfoundry uaa. I am not able to find out server log.

Attache is uaa.yml file for your reference.
Regards,
Arun

Vote Today! CF Summit Track Co-Chairs

Swarna Podila

Please vote for the track co-chairs who will help shape the content at the next Cloud Foundry Summit Europe.
Deadline: May 13, 11:59PM US Pacific

-- Swarna Podila (she/her)
Senior
 Director
, Community
 | Cloud Foundry Foundation

You can read more about pronouns here, or please ask if you'd like to find out more.

CF Application Runtime PMC: Release Integration Project Lead Call for Nominations

Eric Malm

Hi, everyone,

Josh Collins, the lead for the Release Integration project within the Application Runtime PMC, is stepping down from the project to join the Diego project team.

The Release Integration team, located in San Francisco, now has an opening for its project lead. Project leads must be nominated by a Cloud Foundry Foundation member. Please send nominations directly to me or in reply to this message no later than 11:59 PM PDT on Friday, May 24, 2019.

Also, if you have any questions about the role or the nomination process, as described in the CFF governance documents (https://www.cloudfoundry.org/governance/cff_development_operations_policy/), please let me know.

Thanks,
Eric Malm, CF Application Runtime PMC Lead

Re: CF Application Runtime PMC: Release Integration Project Lead Call for Nominations

Eric Malm

Hi, everyone,

Pivotal is nominating Saikiran Yerram for the Release Integration project lead in the Application Runtime PMC.

Sai has been working at Pivotal as a product manager on the Release Integration team for the past three months. Before joining Pivotal, he worked as a product manager at an enterprise marketing software company. Prior to that, he co-founded an edtech startup that helped at-risk community college students to graduate. During his time at his startup, he volunteered at CodeNation (formerly ScriptEd) where he taught coding skills in under-resourced high schools to create opportunities for students in the tech industry. Prior to this, he worked as a software engineer building a student assessment platform that helped teachers to gain deeper insights into student performance.

Please send any other nominations directly to me or in reply to this message no later than 11:59 PM PDT on Friday, May 24, 2019.

Thanks,
Eric Malm

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 10:27 AM Eric Malm <emalm@...> wrote:
Hi, everyone,

Josh Collins, the lead for the Release Integration project within the Application Runtime PMC, is stepping down from the project to join the Diego project team.

The Release Integration team, located in San Francisco, now has an opening for its project lead. Project leads must be nominated by a Cloud Foundry Foundation member. Please send nominations directly to me or in reply to this message no later than 11:59 PM PDT on Friday, May 24, 2019.

Also, if you have any questions about the role or the nomination process, as described in the CFF governance documents (https://www.cloudfoundry.org/governance/cff_development_operations_policy/), please let me know.

Thanks,
Eric Malm, CF Application Runtime PMC Lead

FINAL REMINDER: CAB call for May is this week Wednesday 15th @ 8a Pacific

Michael Maximilien

fyi...

ibm ‚ėĀ¬†

We will have regular highlights, QAs, as well as three exciting talks:

1. Deploying application sidecars in Cloud Foundry by Tim Downy (Pivotal) and Scott Sisil (Pivotal) [1]

2. Comcast presentations by Sergey Matochkin and engineering team
  a. Vault plugin for authentication for CF & Spring [2]
  b. External DNS connector for Cloud Foundry [3]

All other info in agenda [0]. Zoom soon. Best,

ibm ‚ėĀ¬†

ibm ‚ėĀ¬†

Re: [CFEU2019 Registration] Contributor Code

Swarna Podila

Dear Cloud Foundry Contributors,
I just wanted to surface up the Contributor Code email in case you need it to register for Cloud Foundry Summit EU.

As you are making travel plans, please also note that Contributor Summit will be hosted again as a Day Zero event on Sep 10th.  We are still finalizing the specifics (start/end times, schedule etc.) but please do plan to get The Hague in time for the Contributor Summit.

Thank you.

-- Swarna Podila (she/her)
Senior
 Director
, Community
 | Cloud Foundry Foundation

You can read more about pronouns here, or please ask if you'd like to find out more.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 11:18 AM Swarna Podila <spodila@...> wrote:
I love some of y'all's excitement when you asked for the Contributors' Code to register for Cloud Foundry Summit EU in The Hague (Sep 11-12).

Please use CFEU19CONT to register for the EU Summit, if you are (or were) a Cloud Foundry Contributor (code, docs, bugs -- all contributions count).  See you all there!

-- Swarna Podila (she/her)
Senior
 Director
, Community
 | Cloud Foundry Foundation

You can read more about pronouns here, or please ask if you'd like to find out more.

nats-release v27

Aidan Obley <aobley@...>

We have released nats-release v27.

This release updates the golang version to 1.12.5 to take advantage of the latest fixes.

There are no functional changes.

Regards,
The Networking Program

[Operators SIG Meeting] Call for Content

Swarna Podila

Dear Cloud Foundry Community,
Recently, the Cloud Foundry platform operators at SAP initiated an "operators SIG meeting" to bring the operators together and share experiences, good practices, etc.

The recording of the first meeting is here.

The recurring call is scheduled for every fourth Wednesday of the month at 8AM US Pacific; so the next call is on Wednesday, May 22.  If you'd like discuss specific topics, you can either unicast me or add it to the meeting notes.

Join the discussion on Cloud Foundry slack at #cf-operators.

-- Swarna Podila (she/her)
Senior
 Director
, Community
 | Cloud Foundry Foundation

You can read more about pronouns here, or please ask if you'd like to find out more.

Integration of UAA with Kerberos #uaa #kerberos

Enrique Cano

Hi

Has anyone got any experience integrating UAA with Kerberos? Basically, we are trying to obtain a bearer token from UAA by somehow providing a Kerberos ticket instead of client or user credentials.

Thanks in advance

Enrique

Re: Integration of UAA with Kerberos #uaa #kerberos

Chao Wang

Hi Enrique,

UAA does not support Kerberos today, however, it supports OAuth/OIDC/SAML/LDAP.

Thanks,

Chao

Re: Integration of UAA with Kerberos #uaa #kerberos

Camilo Aguilar

FWIW, I'm using UAA to federate authentication against a SAML provider that is already integrated with Kerberos. If that’s not possible for you, there is also

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 11:51 AM Chao Wang <chawang@...> wrote:

Hi Enrique,

UAA does not support Kerberos today, however, it supports OAuth/OIDC/SAML/LDAP.

Thanks,

Chao

--
Camilo Aguilar
Software Engineer

[Operators SIG Meeting] Call for Content

Swarna Podila

Dear Cloud Foundry Community,
Recently, the Cloud Foundry platform operators at SAP initiated an "operators SIG meeting" to bring the operators together and share experiences, good practices, etc.

The recording of the first meeting is here.

The recurring call is scheduled for every fourth Wednesday of the month at 8AM US Pacific; so the next call is tomorrow, Wednesday, May 22.  If you'd like discuss specific topics, you can either unicast me or add it to the meeting notes.

Join the discussion on Cloud Foundry slack at #cf-operators.

-- Swarna Podila (she/her)
Senior
 Director
, Community
 | Cloud Foundry Foundation

You can read more about pronouns here, or please ask if you'd like to find out more.

Config Server Roadmap

Mike Lloyd

Team,

I’ve been researching non-Credhub integrations for secrets management with BOSH, and I wanted to see if there was a Config Server roadmap? I wasn’t able to find one but I also wasn’t entirely sure where to look.

Respectfully,

Mike Lloyd

t: @mxplusc

g: @mxplusb