Date
Re: Error: argument "virbr0" is wrong: Device does not exist #cf

Steve Mitchell <steve.mitchell@...>

To fix this problem I installed KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) following these instructions: https://www.linuxtechi.com/install-configure-kvm-ubuntu-18-04-server/ I completed steps 1 - 3. I did not have to configure the network bridge (so far). CFDEV started at least. We'll see if I have networks issues once I start using it.

Error: argument "virbr0" is wrong: Device does not exist #cf

Steve Mitchell <steve.mitchell@...>

cf dev does not start on Ubuntu:
$  lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    18.04
Codename:    bionic

$ cf uninstall-plugin pcfdev
Plugin pcfdev 0.30.2 successfully uninstalled.
$ cf install-plugin -r CF-Community "cfdev"
Plugin cfdev 0.0.15 successfully installed.
CLI: 0.0.15
BUILD: 54 (35368e4)
$ cf dev start
Downloading Resources...
Progress: |====================>| 100.0%
Setting State...
Error: argument "virbr0" is wrong: Device does not exist

Cannot find device "virbr0"
Creating the VM...
Starting the VM...
Fetching VM Address...
FAILED
cf dev start: exit status 1

Re: CF now supports sidecars

Mike Youngstrom

This is great!  Nice job CAPI team!  Keep it coming!

Mike

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 3:00 PM Scott Sisil <ssisil@...> wrote:
Hi CF Community,

In the latest release of CAPI we included support for application sidecars. This feature allows you to define a sidecar process that can run alongside another application process you have deployed to CF.  You can learn more here in our docs

This has been a limitation of the platform in the past and one reason customers would choose running an app on K8s vs CF.  If you are unfamiliar with the sidecar design pattern - this article provides a great overview.

Please note this release is very much an alpha version of the sidecar feature and we plan to continue iterating on this to support more use cases moving forward.

If you have any questions about using this new sidecar functionality or have a specific sidecar use case we are not addressing - we would love to chat.  Please reply to this email or reach out to the team on the #capi channel in CF Slack.

Thanks,

Scott Sisil
CAPI PM

Re: CF now supports sidecars

Chip Childers

This is really exciting Scott. Great to see it progressing!

-chip

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 5:00 PM Scott Sisil <ssisil@...> wrote:
[...]

CF now supports sidecars

Scott Sisil

[...]

Re: CF Application Runtime PMC: UAA Project Lead Call for Nominations

Dr Nic Williams

Thanks Sree for leading the enormously important UAA project for so many years!

Nic