Date

Entity Relationship Diagram #cf

yegor.ius@...

Is there an Entity Relationship Diagram for the database schema?

[FEEDBACK REQUESTED] Brokers MAY receive update request with no parameters or plan change

Lozev, Georgi

Hello CF Broker authors,

As part of the efforts to improve the workflows and the user experience related to services in Cloud Foundry the following proposal was born [1].

The idea is to add the name of the service instance in CF as part of the context information passed to the brokers on provision and update requests. This will allow broker authors to do things like displaying dashboards with more useful information than the service instance guid.

We have a suspicion that sending an update request with no parameters or plan change may break some existing brokers and we’d like to get some early feedback on that.

Could you please elaborate if you are a broker author and think this might be a breaking change for you?

You could reach the Services API Team by replying to this email or in our Slack channel [2].

BR,

Georgi & Niki on behalf of SAPI Team

[1] https://github.com/openservicebrokerapi/servicebroker/pull/544

[2] https://cloudfoundry.slack.com/messages/C5WH3RDLZ

High Availability in Cloud Foundry #cf

s.yousouf@...

Hi all,

I am conducting a research whether we can ensure that application instances run in different availability zones (AZs) to guarantee their high availability.

Generally, how do you guarantee HA for your applications and the apps of customers? According to the description of the Diego Auction (https://docs.cloudfoundry.org/concepts/diego/diego-auction.html), first priority is to choose Diego cells with correct software stack and sufficient resources; distribution over different AZs is a second priority. Therefore an app might be running in only one AZ.

Also, how can we detect in which AZs the applications are running? We checked the output of CC REST APIs v2 and v3 and of cf tool but didn’t find anything useful there.

Going one step further, can we do more than only detect such cases in our CF installations and warn users? Is there tooling or APIs to rebalance the instances without restarting or pausing the apps?

Thanks in advance,

Shenol

Re: [cf-bosh] BOSH PMC refactoring part 2 – moving CPIs out of incubation

Dr Nic Williams

Thanks Marco