Date

Re: A proposal to offer mongodb 3.2.6 bosh release to cloudfoundry

Dieu Cao <dcao@...>

Lynn, I think whether to put it in the Extensions PMC or in
cloudfoundry-community simply depends on your goals.

There's some additional visibility given to projects in the Extensions PMC
[1] as Max mentioned.
These projects can be viewed as official extensions to Cloud Foundry.

The cloudfoundry-community repo is also a great place to make useful
extensions to CF available and is very easy to achieve.
Lots of great projects are hosted there.
However, these projects are not part of the Cloud Foundry Foundation
intellectual IP.

[1] https://www.cloudfoundry.org/projects/

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:26 PM, Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

Bonus tip:

Upload all blobs so they appear in the config/blobs.yml - for example the simple_server/mongodb3.tgz
in simple_server package.

And remove large files from the git repo (they add up over time)
https://github.com/linlynn/mongodb-bosh-release/tree/
master/src/simple_server

Re: CF CLI v6.25.0 Released Today

Koper, Dies <diesk@...>

Thanks for sharing dr Nic.
Also curious to know if anyone is going to enable tab completion on Windows. (That one I confirmed it’s working for me on Windows 7).

Cloud Foundry Product Manager - CLI

[...]

Michael Maximilien

+1 for tab completion. Yeah!!

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 7:50 PM Amit Gupta <agupta(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

Tab completion! Nice!

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 7:47 PM Koper, Dies <diesk(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com>
wrote:

The CF CLI team just cut 6.24.0.

Deb, yum and Homebrew repos have been updated; binaries, installers and
link to release notes are available at:

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli#downloads
Tab completion

The cf CLI now supports tab completion on systems where that is enabled.

Completion is provided of cf native subcommands and option names as well
as arguments & option values that are available locally to the CLI, i.e.
filepaths and e.g. true/false and process/port/http enumerations.
Examples

$ cf <tab><tab>

Display all 156 possibilities? (y or n)

$ cf i<tab>

->

$ cf install-plugin

$ cf set-org-role user myorg o<tab>m<tab>

->

$ cf set-org-role user myorg OrgManager

The Debian, RPM and Homebrew installers of the cf CLI bundle a bash tab
completion file
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/blob/master/ci/installers/completion/cf>
that is copied to the operating system's standard location (e.g.
/usr/share/bash-completion/completions/ or /etc/bash_completion.d/),
where it should be picked up automatically on Bash completion enabled
environments the next time you open a Bash shell. Refer to your shell &
operating system's documentation for details.
For downloaders of the binary releases or the Mac OS X package, download
the above file and ensure it is executed when you open a shell (e.g. by
sourcing it from your shell profile (~/.bash_profile)).

Zsh users may try loading this file from ~/.zshrc as suggested here
<http://stackoverflow.com/a/27853970/1227328>.

Windows users may try this completion file
<https://github.com/dkoper/clink-completions/blob/87086ba8322c24fb8498d7a9a39ff9183e975f05/cf.lua>
with clink <https://github.com/mridgers/clink>.
CLI binary 30% smaller

The file size of the cf CLI binaries has been reduced by about 30%.

Previously, the binaries included additional data useful in debugging and
profiling the CLI. The CLI team never used these tools, so it made sense to
remove them.

This change should not affect the execution of the actual program. They
only affect whether you can debug or analyze the binary with other tools,
which you still can if you rebuild the binary to include this data.
Plugin Framework Changes

- The GetApp route summary API now includes fields to retrieve a
route's path or port. (#1066
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/1066>)

Updated commands

- run-task now accepts parameters to configure the memory and disk
space limits for a task.
- push options -f and -p and other commands accepting a path to a file
or folder now display a friendlier parsing error when the filepath is not
found. (#1030 <https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/1030>)
- help now displays the alias of plugin commands, and accepts them to
display its command help text. (#1048
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/1048>)
- login now accepts the SSO passcode on the command line. (#1052
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/pull/1052>)
- ssh now accept base64 encoded SHA256 SSH fingerprints exposed by
/v2/info. (#1072 <https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/pull/1072>)

Enjoy!

Cloud Foundry Product Manager - CLI

--
dr.max Sent from my iPhone http://maximilien.org

Re: CF CLI v6.25.0 Released Today

Amit Kumar Gupta

wrote:

[...]

CF CLI v6.25.0 Released Today

Koper, Dies <diesk@...>

[...]

Re: External login server and SAML IdPs

jshingler

Dan, I want to do the same, ... I am not finding much info on creating and
external login server, ....

What did you end up doing?

Any Chance I can get a copy of you external login server code?

Jim

Help for loggregator issue

Leo Tang <ltang@...>

Dear,

I got a problem when trying to deploy an app.
The error is dialing loggregator server: x509.
My question is how to change the loggregator endpoint from wss://
loggregator.10.244.0.34.xip.io:443 to the right one

I am using cf -170 which is very old in micro mode.

Thanks so much.

Re: Routing release and upper case web contexts

Shannon Coen

Hello Iain,

If you upload the 0.145.0 final release of routing-release to your director, and update your cf-release manifest to point the template for the router job at the routing release instead of using cf, you can pull in the source for the latest gorouter.

In cf-release manifest you'd add these lines:

releases:
- name: routing
version: 0.145.0

And change these lines from:

jobs:
- name: router_z1
templates:
- name: gorouter
release: cf

release: routing

Or something like that. Then redeploy cf-release.

Best,
Shannon

On Feb 24, 2017, at 2:23 AM, Iain Jackson <iain.jackson(a)sas.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am currently deploying a web application application into CF which has upper case characters in the web context. This means it is affected by the issue where the path in the VCAP_ID cookie was lowercased. This issue has been resolved in routing release 0.145.

The latest CF v252 includes routing release 0.144. Is it possible to patch in the 0.145 routing release during deployment (or even upgrade it) or would it be recommended to wait till v253 or later which includes the release?

Thanks,

Iain Jackson

Routing release and upper case web contexts

Iain Jackson

Hi,

I am currently deploying a web application application into CF which has upper case characters in the web context. This means it is affected by the issue where the path in the VCAP_ID cookie was lowercased. This issue has been resolved in routing release 0.145.

The latest CF v252 includes routing release 0.144. Is it possible to patch in the 0.145 routing release during deployment (or even upgrade it) or would it be recommended to wait till v253 or later which includes the release?

Thanks,

Iain Jackson

Re: 3363.x warden stemcell ssh problem

Dmitriy Kalinin <dkalinin@...>

3363.9 warden stemcell fixes the problem.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Dmitriy Kalinin <dkalinin(a)pivotal.io>
wrote:

hey all,

3363 and 3363.1 warden stemcells that were published recently have an
agent that did not account for newer stemcell security settings (locks down
ssh access only to bosh_sshers group users). upcoming 3363.5 stemcell will
resolve this problem.

sorry for inconvenience,
dmitriy

Re: A proposal to offer mongodb 3.2.6 bosh release to cloudfoundry

Lin, Lynn <Lynn.X.Lin@...>

Max,
Cloudfoundry-community is also good ☺