Date

Re: Is there a way to download an existing buildpack from cloudfoundry?

Gwenn Etourneau

HI,

All buildpacks are opensource,
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/python-buildpack
xxx is the github tag.

Thanks

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 8:27 PM, Rafal Radecki <radecki.rafal(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi.

I would like to get buildpack code for a buildpack which is currently in
"cf buildpacks" list.
I tried:
- list of buildpacks -> cf curl /v2/buildpacks
- details about my buildpack -> cf curl
/v2/buildpacks/03ab7576-a181-4c46-9a0a-c4d61d262c2e
In the second case I got:
{
"metadata": {
"guid": "03ab7576-a181-4c46-9a0a-c4d61d262c2e",
"url": "/v2/buildpacks/03ab7576-a181-4c46-9a0a-c4d61d262c2e",
"created_at": "2015-07-23T16:04:13Z",
"updated_at": "2015-07-23T17:25:46Z"
},
"entity": {
"name": "python-apt-xxx",
"position": 9,
"enabled": true,
"locked": false,
"filename": "python_buildpack-xxx.zip"

Is there a way to get mentioned python_buildpack-xxx.zip?

BR,
Rafal.

Is there a way to download an existing buildpack from cloudfoundry?

Rafal Radecki

[...]

Re: Tool To analyse memory on cf ||Application crashing on cloud foundry with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Metaspace

Gwenn Etourneau

OpsMetrics is a pivotal product for PCF. I don't think It's intend to be
use outside of PCF.

Of course you can use new relic but it depends on which runtime, seems you
are using Java Buildpack the documentation is here

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/java-buildpack/blob/master/docs/framework-new_relic_agent.md
https://www.cloudfoundry.org/monitoring-cloud-foundry-applications-with-new-relic/

If you use, Diego you can get a lot of metrics through the firehose
(ContainerMetrics) there is plenty of solution to listen to the firehose.
You can use https://github.com/logsearch/logsearch-for-cloudfoundry which
is a fully ELK stack and OSS.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Kayode Odeyemi <dreyemi(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Mohit,

Have you tried Ops metrics,
https://docs.pivotal.io/pivotalcf/customizing/use-metrics.html . You can
easily view memory usage using JMX client jconsole

HTH

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 5:19 AM, Mohit Garg <gargmohit3890(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

​Hi Team,

I am deploying application on cloud foundry with 1 Gb memory. It fails
after sometime when i push load on it. Could you help me the tool with
which I can analyse my memory usage on cloud foundry.
At my end I deployed my app on localmachine (deployed on system in
tomcat) and analysed with new relic, and everything was fine.I tried to
integrate Newrelic with my app but failed to do thus unable to analyse the
app.

Please help me in integrating the new relic with my app or suggest me
tool for cloud foundry.

Thanks in advance,
Mohit Garg

--
Odeyemi 'Kayode O.
http://ng.linkedin.com/in/kayodeodeyemi. t: @charyorde

Page not found while accessing cloud foundry admin ui from browser

V Kumar

My admin ui is running as bosh vm and have opened a route in haproxy. I am trying to access https://myappexample.com/adminui from browser. I am getting** page not found error** in browser.

I tried curl command

curl https://myappexample.com/adminui

curl -vvv -k https://myappexample.com/adminui
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
* Trying 135.107.34.123...
* Connected to myappexample.com (135.107.34.123) port 443 (#0)
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: none
CApath: /etc/ssl/certs
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, CERT (11):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server key exchange (12):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server finished (14):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client key exchange (16):
* SSLv3, TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Finished (20):
* SSLv3, TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Finished (20):
* SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
* Server certificate:
* subject: C=US; ST=California; L=Sanfrancisco Bay Area; O=Anonymous; OU=Anonymous; CN=myfall-ubuntu-ds.com; emailAddress=Anonymous
* start date: 2015-10-22 21:15:06 GMT
* expire date: 2016-10-21 21:15:06 GMT
* issuer: C=US; ST=California; L=Sanfrancisco Bay Area; O=Anonymous; OU=Anonymous; CN=myfall-ubuntu-ds.com; emailAddress=Anonymous
* SSL certificate verify result: self signed certificate (18), continuing anyway.
GET /adminui HTTP/1.1
< Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:47:04 GMT
* Server WEBrick/1.3.1 (Ruby/1.9.3/2013-06-27) OpenSSL/1.0.1f is not blacklisted
< Server: WEBrick/1.3.1 (Ruby/1.9.3/2013-06-27) OpenSSL/1.0.1f
< Set-Cookie: rack.session=BAh7CEkiD3Nlc3Npb25faWQGOgZFRiJFYzYxOTRhN2VkMjkwMDgzZmY5NmQz%0AMGQzNDkxNDIxNTBhNTMxMmM0ZDE0OTk5YTMxMjRiZWY2MGExNzBhN2I3OUki%0ACWNzcmYGOwBGIiU3ZDlkN2VkMjY5Y2U0ZmUyNDJiNTRjODY4MDQ1OWRjZEki%0ADXRyYWNraW5nBjsARnsHSSIUSFRUUF9VU0VSX0FHRU5UBjsARiItZWYxOGFl%0AZDI4NGFiNzVlNzBhMDFiMjJlMzFiOTBlN2JhNDQ3MGM3NkkiGUhUVFBfQUND%0ARVBUX0xBTkdVQUdFBjsARiItZGEzOWEzZWU1ZTZiNGIwZDMyNTViZmVmOTU2%0AMDE4OTBhZmQ4MDcwOQ%3D%3D%0A--5b3c97fc3a3f250671f5e9e2ee7ad323844ba65e; path=/; HttpOnly
<
* Connection #0 to host myappexample.com left intact

when I use private url i am getting 303

curl admin.devtest3.io

curl -vvv -k http://api.devtest3.io
* Rebuilt URL to: http://api.devtest3.io/
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
* Trying 10.20.0.25...
* Connected to api.devtest3.io (10.20.0.25) port 80 (#0)
GET / HTTP/1.1
< Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:46:15 GMT
* Server nginx is not blacklisted
< Server: nginx
<
{
"code": 10000,
"description": "Unknown request",
"error_code": "CF-NotFound"
* Connection #0 to host api.devtest3.io left intact

haproxy.config

`frontend http-in
acl adminui path_beg /adminui

frontend https-in
acl adminui path_beg /adminui

backend bk_adminui
mode http
http-request set-header Host admin.devtest3.io
reqirep ^([^\ :]*)\ /(.*)$ \1\ /\2
balance roundrobin
server node0 0.router.ccc-bosh-net.cf-devtest3.microbosh:80 check inter 1000

server node1 1.router.ccc-bosh-net.cf-devtest3.microbosh:80 check inter 1000`

I ran bosh run errand register_admin_ui successfully.

Reference
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/admin-ui-boshrelease

Re: apps logs

Siva Balan <mailsiva@...>

If you are trying to get the actual JWT token of your current UAA instance
targeted by UAAC, you can try:
$uaac context

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 6:10 AM, Corentin Dupont <
corentin.dupont(a)create-net.org> wrote:

Still struggling...

I have already an account with CF, so I tried:

$ uaac token client get
Client ID: admin
Client secret: ************

Successfully fetched token via client credentials grant.
Target: http://uaa.172.16.0.191.xip.io
Context: admin, from client admin

Then:
$ uaac token decode

Note: no key given to validate token signature

jti: 908139b9-28be-4490-9ffd-a0e6b2f1XXXX
sub: admin
authorities: password.write scim.write clients.write clients.read
scim.read
uaa.admin clients.secret
scope: scim.read uaa.admin password.write scim.write clients.write
clients.read clients.secret
client_id: admin
cid: admin
azp: admin
grant_type: client_credentials
rev_sig: 78635a00
iat: 1455113000
exp: 1455156200
iss: https://uaa.172.16.0.191.xip.io/oauth/token
zid: uaa
aud: admin scim uaa password clients

There is nothing looking like the "Authorization: bearer" code from the
cURL command below...
Should I use the "jti" field?

Thanks a lot Hristo!!
Corentin

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 12:38 AM, Hristo Iliev <hsiliev(a)gmail.com> wrote:

You should create a client with the proper permissions/authorities. For
bosh-lite this is done with:

gem install cf-uaac
uaac target uaa.bosh-lite.com --skip-ssl-validation
uaac token client get admin -s admin-secret
uaac client add id --authorized_grant_types client_credentials --authorities cloud_controller.admin --secret secret

The ones above (CC.admin) are perhaps too much for just reading the
events.

corentin.dupont(a)create-net.org>:

Thanks Hristo.
I'm trying to retrieve the info from the API:

curl "https://api.[your-domain.com]/v2/app_usage_events?results-per-page=1&after_guid=5f9db08a-3e18-4b1e-a09b-14be78eb3dab" -X GET \
-H "Authorization: bearer eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoidWFhLWlkLTQ2MSIsImVtYWlsIjoiZW1haWwtMzMyQHNvbWVkb21haW4uY29tIiwic2NvcGUiOlsiY2xvdWRfY29udHJvbGxlci5hZG1pbiJdLCJhdWQiOlsiY2xvdWRfY29udHJvbGxlciJdLCJleHAiOjE0NTQ0NTE2Mzl9.4MWgEkbhuyG21w9vyZ_p8UhkY_YU0UoiGdscbqvr5bM" \
-H "Host: example.org" \
-H "Cookie: "

But how can I get my authorization token?

From: dc4cities-project-request(a)create-net-ml.org
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 16:28:08 +0100
Subject: confirm 44bfd373419fd479aecf4b351db7ff6b9772b32e
Mailman will discard the held message. Do this if the message is
spam. If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
to the list. The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
of the body of the reply.

--

Corentin Dupont
Researcher @ Create-Netwww.corentindupont.info

--

Corentin Dupont
Researcher @ Create-Netwww.corentindupont.info

--
http://www.twitter.com/sivabalans

Future of CAB calls - short survey

Based on recent low attendance and engagement, it's time we perhaps tweak
the call.

After briefly discussing with Colin, Chip, Sam, Chris, Stormy, and a few
others, here is a short anonymous survey (5 minutes max) that I'd encourage
you to take to help shape the future of the CAB call.

https://goo.gl/83F726

I'll leave this open for one week. I'll send a reminder end of this week
with an idea of how many responses we have and again next week before
closing it on Wednesday 17th @ midnight.

I'll share the results soon after and hopefully we can use the feedback to
improve where we go from here.

All the best,

dr.max
ibm cloud labs
sillicon valley, ca

Sent from my iPhone

Re: apps logs

Warren Fernandes

You can obtain the "Authorization: bearer" token using the cf cli.

cf login
cf oauth-token

apps logs

:

[...]

Re: app auto-scaling in OSS CF contribution

Koper, Dies <diesk@...>

Hi Darren,

We had put it on hold when we thought someone was going to open source a solution that matched our proposal in functionality.
Apologies to everyone who responded at the time and have been waiting for an update!

We still see a need for this in CF and have recently decided to restart it.
I'm still working on assigning resources but fingers crossed we'll be progressing soon.

diesk(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com