Date

Re: Deploying Diego to BOSH-Lite

Nanduni Nimalsiri

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I did as you have told. But it gives me errors. I'll tell what I did so that you might be able to figure out my mistake.

1. I downloaded this binary:
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/spiff/releases/download/v1.0.7/spiff_linux_amd64.zip
Now it is in my Downloads folder.
2. I extracted it there.
3. Then I used the command: sudo gedit ~/.profile and set the path as below.
export SPIFF_HOME=/home/nanduni/Downloads/spiff
export PATH=$PATH:$SPIFF_HOME
Then I saved and refreshed that content using : source ~/.profile

Then I ran the following to generate the CF manifest.
$ cd ~/workspace/cf-release
$ ./scripts/generate-bosh-lite-dev-manifest

But it gives me the following error.
nanduni(a)nanduni-TECRA-M11:~/workspace/cf-release$ ./scripts/generate-bosh-lite-dev-manifest
Aborted. Please install spiff by following https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/spiff#installation
Incorrect YAML structure in `/home/nanduni/workspace/cf-release/bosh-lite/deployments/cf.yml': expected Hash at the root

Can you tell me where I have gone wrong?

Best Regards,
Nanduni.

Re: Deploying Diego to BOSH-Lite

Tomoe Sugihara

Hi Nanduni,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Nanduni Nimalsiri <nandunibw(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

[snip]

Can any one help me to install spiff or provide me any resource for this.
If some one can teach me the process of deploying Diego to Bosh-Lite, it
would be a great relief for me. If you find any good blog post on this
subject, share it with me. Please help.
There are built binaries here:
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/spiff/releases
I downloaded one and put it in a directory that is in the search path (PATH
env variable), and worked fine.

Ref: https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/spiff#installation

HTH,
Tomoe

Deploying Diego to BOSH-Lite

Nanduni Nimalsiri

Hi all,

I want to deploy Docker images to Cloud Foundry. I am still a newbie and I do not know much about it. My intention is to experience this locally in my machine via Bosh-Lite. So I suppose I need to follow the README[1] in BOSH Release for Diego (cloudfoundry-incubator/diego-release).
[1] https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/diego-release#deploying-diego-to-bosh-lite

In brief, I want to deploy Diego to Bosh-Lite, but I am stuck with this for days. The README does not provide more details on this process. I am unable to install spiff which I suppose is a tool for generating the BOSH manifests. I followed spiff README[2]. But I failed to install spiff. Then I tried to install it by executable binaries as well as through its git hub repo by 'go get'. I followed this tutorial[3] too. But I could not succeed in any of the ways.
[2] https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/spiff
[3] http://www.evoila.de/2015/03/13/installing-cloudfoundry-spiff-on-ubuntu/?lang=en

Can any one help me to install spiff or provide me any resource for this. If some one can teach me the process of deploying Diego to Bosh-Lite, it would be a great relief for me. If you find any good blog post on this subject, share it with me. Please help.

Best Regards,
Nanduni.

Re: Issue in deploying Docker images on Cloud Foundry via Diego

Nanduni Nimalsiri

Thanks Daniel. I was struggling with this for days and your explanation on PWS solved all my doubts.
I have already used bosh-lite set up and deployed applications locally in my machine using that.
In case of integrating Docker support with Bosh-lite, I followed the following BOSH release for Docker(cloudfoundry-incubator/diego-release)[1].
[1]https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/diego-release#deploying-diego-to-bosh-lite

But I came up with several errors. That wants me to install spiff, which I suppose is a tool for generating BOSH manifests. I followed spiff README[2]. But I failed to install spiff. I tried to install it by executable binaries as well as through its git hub repo by 'go get'. I followed this tutorial[3] too. But I could not succeed in any of the ways.
[2] https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/spiff
[3] http://www.evoila.de/2015/03/13/installing-cloudfoundry-spiff-on-ubuntu/?lang=en
Can you please help me to install spiff or can you provide me any resource for this.

Best Regards,
Nanduni.

Tool To analyse memory on cf ||Application crashing on cloud foundry with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Metaspace

Mohit Garg <gargmohit3890@...>

​Hi Team,

I am deploying application on cloud foundry with 1 Gb memory. It fails
after sometime when i push load on it. Could you help me the tool with
which I can analyse my memory usage on cloud foundry.
At my end I deployed my app on localmachine (deployed on system in tomcat)
and analysed with new relic, and everything was fine.I tried to integrate
Newrelic with my app but failed to do thus unable to analyse the app.

Please help me in integrating the new relic with my app or suggest me tool
for cloud foundry.

Thanks in advance,
Mohit Garg

Re: Dc4cities-project post from hsiliev@gmail.com requires approval

Hristo Iliev

You should create a client with the proper permissions/authorities. For
bosh-lite this is done with:

gem install cf-uaac
uaac target uaa.bosh-lite.com --skip-ssl-validation
uaac token client get admin -s admin-secret
uaac client add id --authorized_grant_types client_credentials
--authorities cloud_controller.admin --secret secret

The ones above (CC.admin) are perhaps too much for just reading the events.

Thanks Hristo.
I'm trying to retrieve the info from the API:

curl "https://api.[your-domain.com]/v2/app_usage_events?results-per-page=1&after_guid=5f9db08a-3e18-4b1e-a09b-14be78eb3dab" -X GET \
-H "Authorization: bearer eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoidWFhLWlkLTQ2MSIsImVtYWlsIjoiZW1haWwtMzMyQHNvbWVkb21haW4uY29tIiwic2NvcGUiOlsiY2xvdWRfY29udHJvbGxlci5hZG1pbiJdLCJhdWQiOlsiY2xvdWRfY29udHJvbGxlciJdLCJleHAiOjE0NTQ0NTE2Mzl9.4MWgEkbhuyG21w9vyZ_p8UhkY_YU0UoiGdscbqvr5bM" \
-H "Host: example.org" \
-H "Cookie: "

But how can I get my authorization token?

From: dc4cities-project-request(a)create-net-ml.org
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 16:28:08 +0100
Subject: confirm 44bfd373419fd479aecf4b351db7ff6b9772b32e
Mailman will discard the held message. Do this if the message is
spam. If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
to the list. The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
of the body of the reply.

--

Corentin Dupont
Researcher @ Create-Netwww.corentindupont.info

Re: Application failed to stage with Error: 'No such file or directory [STG/0] ERR /usr/bin/env: ruby'

Amit Kumar Gupta

Your buildpack should have three executables in the bin directory:
"detect", "compile", and "release". If the code in those executables is
meant to be ruby, you'll need the appropriate shebang line, like this:

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/ruby-buildpack/blob/45b22922827c02e6b7af0650cf1b02600455d3cd/bin/compile#L1

Does yours look different?

Amit

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:00 AM, nitin padalia <padalia.nitin(a)gmail.com>

I am trying to deploy my app on cloudfoundry using a custom offline
buildpack. Buildpack creation goes fine but when I push an app referring
that buildpack application fails to stage at compilation step with below
error:
No such file or directory [STG/0] ERR /usr/bin/env: ruby

Any pointer, what I am missing here?

Thanks!
-Nitin

Re: Cloud Foundry final release selection process now public

john mcteague <john.mcteague@...>

More transparency is always welcome, nice to see it public.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Chip Childers <cchilders(a)cloudfoundry.org>
wrote:

Great work Amit and the whole Release Integration team. It's awesome to
have this public now!

Chip Childers | VP Technology | Cloud Foundry Foundation

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Amit Gupta <agupta(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

Hey cf-dev,

I'm pleased to announce that the process by which final releases of Cloud
Foundry are selected is now public.

The cf-final-release-election repo [1] contains GitHub issues for each
release candidate, and the project leads for each core component are asked
to approve or disapprove a given candidate SHA for promotion. The
community now has visibility into this election process.

For the curious, here's a little more info about what happens before a
SHA is announced as a release candidate, and what happens after a given SHA
is approved for promotion to actually cut a final release.

Beforehand, a SHA of cf-release works its way through the cf-release
pipeline [2], which leads to the promotion of a SHA of the cf-release repo
to its release-candidate branch. We have a longer term goal to make the
full build outputs of the jobs in these pipelines also publicly viewable.

Similarly, the diego pipeline [3] vets a SHA of diego-release, and final
release of garden-linux-release and etcd-release. One of the jobs in this
pipeline is to deploy and test into an environment that is shared with the
cf-release pipeline, to truly certify integration compatibility.

SHAs of cf-release are being promoted to the release-candidate branch
continuously, and roughly once a week we announce one such SHA for the
project leads to elect via the announce-rc job [4]. If all leads approve,
the SHA is promoted to the release-elect branch of cf-release, which
automatically triggers the building of a final release via the
create-final-release [5] job.

We are continuously working on making these processes more discoverable
and transparent to the community.

[1] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-final-release-election
[2] https://runtime.ci.cf-app.com/pipelines/cf-release?groups=cf-release
[3] https://diego.ci.cf-app.com/pipelines/main?groups=diego
[4] https://mega.ci.cf-app.com/pipelines/release/jobs/announce-rc
[5]
https://mega.ci.cf-app.com/pipelines/cf-release/jobs/create-final-release

Cheers,

Amit Gupta
CF Release Integration team PM, Pivotal

Re: Cloud Foundry final release selection process now public

Chip Childers <cchilders@...>

[...]

Re: Diego IAAS settings for vsphere

Eric Malm <emalm@...>

Hi, Daya,

That's most likely the problem: if you have a staging task using that 8G =
8192M memory limit, it wouldn't be able to fit on the cell that's
advertising only 7984M of available memory. I think that the
`staging_memory_limit_mb` property is namespaced under `dea_next` for
historical reasons, and it's now more closely associated with CC's config.
In any case, from the CC config wiring and how that's interpreted in the
CC's DEA and Diego clients, it looks like that property determines the
minimum amount of memory allocated to a staging task. If the app requires
more memory than that, that app-specific memory limit is used instead.

Anyway, glad to hear that solved the problem! I'll keep this in mind as an
operator-debugging use-case that we on the Diego team would like to build
tooling to help inspect and resolve.

Best,
Eric

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Shetty, Daya <Daya.Shetty(a)bnymellon.com>
wrote:

Hi, Eric,

I did manage to successfully push both a buildpack app and a docker app on
Diego. I still did not find time to revisit this and make sure that this
was a reason for the Insufficient Resource problem but here is what I
noticed and changed to make it work.

Our CF instance dea_next.staging_memory_limit_mb was defined as 8G, so I
increased the diego cell memory from 8G to 16G and after redeploying
diego I was able to successfully push these apps. I don’t know whether this
makes sense (I.e. dea staging parameter being used to stage apps on diego)
but until I can revert and test again, cannot say for sure.

Thanks again for all your help!

Regards
Daya

From: Eric Malm <emalm(a)pivotal.io>
Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 6:46 PM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Subject: [cf-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Diego IAAS
settings for vsphere

Hi, Daya,

Thanks very much for the additional logs. Those BBS errors look normal
(requests often bounce off nonexistent records), and from the auctioneer
logs the auction process is retrieving state from your one cell correctly.
From the adjacent 'auctioneer.auction.scheduling' and
'auctioneer.auction.scheduled' log lines at the end, though, it does look
like the auction is failing to place the desired task on the only available
cell. Since those log lines are less than a millisecond apart, it's
extremely unlikely that the auctioneer is telling the cell to take on the
task and the cell is refusing (although we could also look for that
interaction in the cell rep logs). Unfortunately, we intentionally don't
have a lot of logging in the code that runs the placement algorithm, so it
may be impossible in this version of the codebase to introspect the
specific decisions it's making about task placement.

One other pathway to try would be to move an existing app from the DEAs to
the Diego backend via the Diego-Enabler CLI plugin (
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/Diego-Enabler), and see if its
corresponding LRP is placed correctly. The placement decision should be
based entirely on matching the LRP's rootfs to the cell and then validating
the cell has enough capacity, just as it is for Tasks. It may be easier to
compare (and adjust through CC) the resource requirements of the app's
DesiredLRP that it would be on the more ephemeral Task submitted for
staging. In any case, if you haven't already resolved the placement
problems, please try out moving a test app over and let us know how that
turns out.

Best,
Eric

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Shetty, Daya <Daya.Shetty(a)bnymellon.com>
wrote:

Hi, Eric,

As per your suggestion I changed the logLevel=debug and did a tail on
the auctioneer & bbs logs while doing a cf push of buildpack based app to
diego. Unfortunately I still saw only LogLevel: 1 messsages on the
Auctioneer logs but did see LogLevel 0,1 & 2 messages on the bbs logs.

I have attached the bbs.log. Here are some errors I see in the bbs log.

{"timestamp":"1453934586.220547676","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.actuallrp-handler.actual-lrp-groups.etcd-error.resource-not-found","log_level":0,"data":{"error":{"errorCode":100,"message":"Key
not found","cause":"/v1","index":5},"session":"3.19.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453934586.224381685","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.tasks.etcd-error.resource-not-found","log_level":0,"data":{"error":{"errorCode":100,"message":"Key
not found","cause":"/v1","index":5},"session":"7.25.1"}}

"timestamp":"1453934595.548539162","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.remove-desired-lrp.remove-desired-lrp.failed","log_level":2,"data":{"error":"100:
Key not found (/v1/desired_lrp)
[8]","process-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-e42855a5-0122-4e1a-a003-a4eac1fe3deb","session":"6.19.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453934595.548731089","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.remove-desired-lrp.remove-desired-lrp.etcd-error.resource-not-found","log_level":0,"data":{"error":{"errorCode":100,"message":"Key
not
found","cause":"/v1/desired_lrp","index":8},"process-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-e42855a5-0122-4e1a-a003-a4eac1fe3deb","session":"6.19.1.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453934595.735231638","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.actuallrp-handler.actual-lrp-groups.etcd-error.resource-not-found","log_level":0,"data":{"error":{"errorCode":100,"message":"Key
not found","cause":"/v1/actual","index":9},"session":"3.20.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453934595.738165140","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.desired-lrps.desired-lrp-scheduling-infos.etcd-error.resource-not-found","log_level":0,"data":{"error":{"errorCode":100,"message":"Key
not
found","cause":"/v1/desired_lrp","index":9},"filter":{"Domain":""},"session":"6.20.1.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453934600.773372650","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.desired-lrps.desired-lrp-scheduling-infos.etcd-error.resource-not-found","log_level":0,"data":{"error":{"errorCode":100,"message":"Key
not
found","cause":"/v1/desired_lrp","index":9},"filter":{"Domain":"cf-apps"},"session":"6.21.1.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453934610.201195955","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.etcd-error.resource-not-found","log_level":0,"data":{"error":{"errorCode":100,"message":"Key
not found","cause":"/v1/actual","index":9},"session":"111.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453934610.205472708","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.etcd-error.resource-not-found","log_level":0,"data":{"error":{"errorCode":100,"message":"Key
not found","cause":"/v1/desired_lrp","index":9},"session":"111.2"}}

{"timestamp":"1453934616.234182835","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.actuallrp-handler.actual-lrp-groups.etcd-error.resource-not-found","log_level":0,"data":{"error":{"errorCode":100,"message":"Key
not found","cause":"/v1/actual","index":9},"session":"3.21.1"}}

Regards
Daya

From: Daya Shetty <Daya.Shetty(a)bnymellon.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 2:00 PM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Subject: [cf-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Diego IAAS settings
for vsphere

Hi, Eric,

I tried to enable debug using the debugAddr but the log_level remained
as 1. Not sure why?

curl -v http://0.0.0.0:17001/log-level -X PUT -d debug

* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache

* Trying 0.0.0.0...

* Connected to 0.0.0.0 (127.0.0.1) port 17001 (#0)

PUT /log-level HTTP/1.1
* upload completely sent off: 5 out of 5 bytes

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK

< Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 21:44:44 GMT

<

- Connection #0 to host 0.0.0.0 left intact

var/vcap/packages/*auction*eer/bin/*auction*eer
-bbsClientCert=/var/vcap/jobs/*auction*eer/config/certs/bbs/client.crt
-bbsClientKey=/var/vcap/jobs/*auction*eer/config/certs/bbs/client.key
-bbsCACert=/var/vcap/jobs/*auction*eer/config/certs/bbs/ca.crt
-bbsAddress=https://bbs.service.cf.internal:8889 -consulCluster=
http://127.0.0.1:8500 -debugAddr=0.0.0.0:17001 -listenAddr=0.0.0.0:9016
-logLevel=info

I will restart the processes mentioned, with —logLevel=debug by changing
rhe relevant _ctl files, In the meantime here is the snapshot of the
auctioneer log while trying to start a buildpack based app.

Here is the auctioneer.stdout log

root(a)fb99aa6d-3a9a-48c5-b6e9-dccfbc035c7a:/var/vcap/data/sys/log/auctioneer#
!ta

tail -f auctioneer.stdout.log

{"timestamp":"1453931031.236279488","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks","session":"36"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931031.236993074","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetching-cell-reps","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"37"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931031.240644693","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetched-cell-reps","log_level":1,"data":{"cell-reps-count":1,"session":"37"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931031.240906715","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetching-zone-state","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"37"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931031.248399019","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.zone-state","log_level":1,"data":{"cell-count":1,"session":"37","zone":"z1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931031.249227762","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetched-zone-state","log_level":1,"data":{"cell-state-count":1,"duration":"6.511719ms","num-failed-requests":0,"session":"37"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931031.249767065","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetching-auctions","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"37"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931031.250007153","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetched-auctions","log_level":1,"data":{"lrp-start-auctions":0,"session":"37","task-auctions":1}}

{"timestamp":"1453931031.250244141","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.scheduling","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"37"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931031.250724792","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.scheduled","log_level":1,"data":{"failed-lrp-start-auctions":0,"failed-task-auctions":1,"session":"37","successful-lrp-start-auctions":0,"successful-task-auctions":0}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.945099831","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks","session":"38"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.946578026","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.request.task-auction-handler.create.submitted","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks","session":"38.1.1","tasks":["da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-2d07956c22c142849c2b160c46ddb480"]}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.948045492","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks","session":"38"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.948791265","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetching-cell-reps","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"39"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.952327490","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetched-cell-reps","log_level":1,"data":{"cell-reps-count":1,"session":"39"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.952946186","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetching-zone-state","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"39"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.959112644","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.zone-state","log_level":1,"data":{"cell-count":1,"session":"39","zone":"z1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.959350586","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetched-zone-state","log_level":1,"data":{"cell-state-count":1,"duration":"5.455613ms","num-failed-requests":0,"session":"39"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.959569216","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetching-auctions","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"39"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.959800005","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.fetched-auctions","log_level":1,"data":{"lrp-start-auctions":0,"session":"39","task-auctions":1}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.960027695","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.scheduling","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"39"}}

{"timestamp":"1453931106.960274935","source":"auctioneer","message":"auctioneer.auction.scheduled","log_level":1,"data":{"failed-lrp-start-auctions":0,"failed-task-auctions":1,"session":"39","successful-lrp-start-auctions":0,"successful-task-auctions":0}}

Regards
Daya

From: Eric Malm <emalm(a)pivotal.io>
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 12:29 PM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Subject: [cf-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Diego IAAS settings for
vsphere

Hi, Daya,

Thanks for the log entries and the state response from the cell. It does
look like that cell should have sufficient capacity to take on the staging
task. From the BBS logs for the 'da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-
6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8' task guid, it does look like the task
is getting saved in the BBS, and then failed by something else (presumably
the auctioneer) almost immediately thereafter. Could you also look at the
auctioneer logs for that period of time?

Also, it might help to turn on debug logging dynamically on these
components: if you do a `netstat -anp` on the bosh VM, you'll see each
Diego component process listening on a port 170XX in the 17000 range. If
you then run `curl http://localhost:170XX/log-level -X PUT -d debug` on
that VM, that will change the log-level on that component to 'debug' (it
normally defaults to 'info'). So if we're not seeing anything useful at the
info/error level for this period of time, you could switch the active bbs
and auctioneer to the debug log-level, start tailing their logs in
real-time with `tail –f`, and try submitting another staging task.

Thanks,
Eric

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Daya Shetty <daya.shetty(a)bnymellon.com>
wrote:

Hi, Eric,

I further checked the logs you mentioned and can't see what could be
the problem.

I only have one instance of cell running and here is the state info:
curl 0.0.0.0:1800/state

{"RootFSProviders":{"docker":{"type":"arbitrary"},"preloaded":{"set":{"cflinuxfs2":{}},"type":"fixed_set"}},"AvailableResources":{"MemoryMB":7984,"DiskMB":24263,"Containers":256},"TotalResources":{"MemoryMB":7984,"DiskMB":24263,"Containers":256},"LRPs":[],"Tasks":null,"Zone":"z1","Evacuating":false}

I see TLS handshake errors in the bbs.stderr.log, don't know if this can
be the cause for" Insufficient resources"
2016/01/27 19:12:03 http: TLS handshake error from 127.0.0.1:50475: EOF
2016/01/27 19:12:06 http: TLS handshake error from 127.0.0.1:50477: EOF

Not able to deduce anything from the bbs.stdout.log here is a snapshot.
Will dig further.

"timestamp":"1453921657.161973238","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/actual_lrp_groups/list","session":"19946"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921657.162120819","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks/list","session":"19947"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921657.167166233","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks/list","session":"19947"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921657.167504787","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/actual_lrp_groups/list","session":"19946"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921674.952786684","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/actual_lrp_groups/list","session":"19948"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921674.953184366","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/desired_lrp_scheduling_infos/list","session":"19949"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921674.953428984","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.desired-lrps.desired-lrp-scheduling-infos.start","log_level":1,"data":{"filter":{"Domain":""},"session":"6.3791.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921674.954186201","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.desired-lrps.desired-lrp-scheduling-infos.complete","log_level":1,"data":{"filter":{"Domain":""},"session":"6.3791.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921674.954262018","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/desired_lrp_scheduling_infos/list","session":"19949"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921674.959604502","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/actual_lrp_groups/list","session":"19948"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.551017284","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks/desire","session":"19950"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.551474571","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.desire-task.desire-task.starting","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5881.1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.561704636","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.desire-task.desire-task.finished","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5881.1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.561844826","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks/desire","session":"19950"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.575248480","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks/fail","session":"19951"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.575376987","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.fail-task.fail-task.starting","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5882.1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.575446367","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.fail-task.fail-task.getting-task","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5882.1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.577617884","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.fail-task.fail-task.succeeded-getting-task","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5882.1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.578390121","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.fail-task.fail-task.persisting-task","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5882.1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.582517862","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.fail-task.fail-task.succeded-persisting-task","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5882.1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.583042145","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.fail-task.fail-task.task-client-completing-task","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5882.1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.583634138","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.fail-task.fail-task.finished","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5882.1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.583706856","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.resolving-task","log_level":1,"data":{"task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.584264040","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.resolving-task.starting","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.584349394","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.resolving-task.getting-task","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.584867001","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks/fail","session":"19951"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.587889433","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.resolving-task.succeeded-getting-task","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.591948748","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.resolving-task.finished","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.629187346","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/desired_lrp/remove","session":"19952"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.629388809","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.remove-desired-lrp.remove-desired-lrp.starting","log_level":1,"data":{"process-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-c398c85b-3965-4fd7-91e9-3112bafe3394","session":"6.3792.1"}}
{"timestamp":"1453921681.630566120","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.remove-desired-lrp.remove-desired-lrp.failed","log_level":2,"data":{"error":"100:
Key not found (/v1/desired_lrp)
[64]","process-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-c398c85b-3965-4fd7-91e9-3112bafe3394","session":"6.3792.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.631013870","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.remove-desired-lrp.remove-desired-lrp.complete","log_level":1,"data":{"process-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-c398c85b-3965-4fd7-91e9-3112bafe3394","session":"6.3792.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.631548882","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/desired_lrp/remove","session":"19952"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921681.639199495","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.delete-task.starting","log_level":1,"data":{"callback_url":"
http://stager.service.cf.internal:8888/v1/staging/da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8/completed
","session":"1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8/completed","status_code":200,"task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.492143154","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/lrps/converge","session":"19953"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.492546797","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.starting-convergence","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"19954"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.492759466","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.gathering-and-pruning-actual-lrps","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"19954"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.493501425","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks/converge","session":"19955"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.493688107","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.converge-tasks.converge-tasks.starting-convergence","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5883.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.495135784","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.actual-lrp-schema-root-not-found","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"19954"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.495184660","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.succeeded-gathering-and-pruning-actual-lrps","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"19954"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.495222807","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.gathering-desired-lrps","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"19954"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.499060631","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.actual-lrp-schema-root-not-found","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"19954"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.499403954","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.succeeded-gathering-desired-lrps","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"19954"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.501797915","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.task-handler.converge-tasks.converge-tasks.finished-convergence","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"7.5883.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.502251863","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks/converge","session":"19955"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.504722357","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.calculate-convergence.start","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"19954.3"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.504907846","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.calculate-convergence.done","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"19954.3"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.505190134","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.converge-lrps.finished-convergence","log_level":1,"data":{"session":"19954"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921686.505403280","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/lrps/converge","session":"19953"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921687.169877052","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks/list","session":"19956"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921687.171530724","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/tasks/list","session":"19956"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921687.172345877","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/actual_lrp_groups/list","session":"19957"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921687.176663637","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/actual_lrp_groups/list","session":"19957"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921692.995214939","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.serving","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/desired_lrp_scheduling_infos/list","session":"19958"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921692.995497704","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.desired-lrps.desired-lrp-scheduling-infos.start","log_level":1,"data":{"filter":{"Domain":"cf-apps"},"session":"6.3793.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921692.996849060","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.desiredlrp-handler.desired-lrps.desired-lrp-scheduling-infos.complete","log_level":1,"data":{"filter":{"Domain":"cf-apps"},"session":"6.3793.1"}}

{"timestamp":"1453921692.997039795","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.request.done","log_level":1,"data":{"method":"POST","request":"/v1/desired_lrp_scheduling_infos/list","session":"19958"}}

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is
confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient.
Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any
information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If
you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender
and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and
attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either are virus-free and
accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain
disclosures relating to European legal entities.

[...]

CF Summit North America - CFP now open!

Chip Childers <cchilders@...>

Hey all,

Just wanted to point out that the CFP for the CF Summit in Santa Clara is
now open >
https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community/summits/program/cfp/?summitId=10016

It will close on Feb 29, so get those talk submissions in ASAP. We had an
overwhelming number of proposals for each of the three global events in
2015, and I expect the same again this year. The sooner you submit the
better.

-chip

Chip Childers | VP Technology | Cloud Foundry Foundation

Re: Auto Mysql Database Creation

Raymond J Steele

Is anyone available to answer this question for us? Thanks in advance.

Re: Diego IAAS settings for vsphere

Shetty, Daya <Daya.Shetty@...>

From: Eric Malm <emalm(a)pivotal.io<mailto:emalm(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 6:46 PM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>
Subject: [cf-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Diego IAAS settings for vsphere

Hi, Daya,

Thanks very much for the additional logs. Those BBS errors look normal (requests often bounce off nonexistent records), and from the auctioneer logs the auction process is retrieving state from your one cell correctly. From the adjacent 'auctioneer.auction.scheduling' and 'auctioneer.auction.scheduled' log lines at the end, though, it does look like the auction is failing to place the desired task on the only available cell. Since those log lines are less than a millisecond apart, it's extremely unlikely that the auctioneer is telling the cell to take on the task and the cell is refusing (although we could also look for that interaction in the cell rep logs). Unfortunately, we intentionally don't have a lot of logging in the code that runs the placement algorithm, so it may be impossible in this version of the codebase to introspect the specific decisions it's making about task placement.

From: Daya Shetty <Daya.Shetty(a)bnymellon.com<mailto:Daya.Shetty(a)bnymellon.com>>
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 2:00 PM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>

Hi, Eric,

I tried to enable debug using the debugAddr but the log_level remained as 1. Not sure why?

curl -v http://0.0.0.0:17001/log-level -X PUT -d debug

* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache

* Trying 0.0.0.0...

* Connected to 0.0.0.0 (127.0.0.1) port 17001 (#0)

PUT /log-level HTTP/1.1
* upload completely sent off: 5 out of 5 bytes

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK

< Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 21:44:44 GMT

<

* Connection #0 to host 0.0.0.0 left intact

var/vcap/packages/auctioneer/bin/auctioneer -bbsClientCert=/var/vcap/jobs/auctioneer/config/certs/bbs/client.crt -bbsClientKey=/var/vcap/jobs/auctioneer/config/certs/bbs/client.key -bbsCACert=/var/vcap/jobs/auctioneer/config/certs/bbs/ca.crt -bbsAddress=https://bbs.service.cf.internal:8889 -consulCluster=http://127.0.0.1:8500 -debugAddr=0.0.0.0:17001<http://0.0.0.0:17001> -listenAddr=0.0.0.0:9016<http://0.0.0.0:9016> -logLevel=info

From: Eric Malm <emalm(a)pivotal.io<mailto:emalm(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 12:29 PM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>

curl 0.0.0.0:1800/state<http://0.0.0.0:1800/state>

2016/01/27 19:12:03 http: TLS handshake error from 127.0.0.1:50475<http://127.0.0.1:50475>: EOF
2016/01/27 19:12:06 http: TLS handshake error from 127.0.0.1:50477<http://127.0.0.1:50477>: EOF

{"timestamp":"1453921681.639199495","source":"bbs","message":"bbs.delete-task.starting","log_level":1,"data":{"callback_url":"http://stager.service.cf.internal:8888/v1/staging/da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8/completed","session":"1","task-guid":"da383b70-f3da-4248-86b5-9a82e6d7d809-6db1e598fc2f466287a8f29c01a71bd8"}}
[...]

Removing ParentRequestID property from dropsonde's HttpStartStop event

Warren Fernandes

Hey CF-Dev,

We are making the following changes to the Dropsonde interface library used
by GoRouter to handle managing http headers to build the HttpStartStop
event:

- We replaced the X-CF-RequestID with X-Vcap-Request-ID to be more
consistent with other components.
- We're now using the same UUID X-Vcap-Request-ID that comes into the
InstrumentedRoundTripper rather than regenerating another requestId and
saving the original one as the ParentRequestID for Dropsonde-handled
requests.
- We're removing the ParentRequestID since its no longer necessary and
requests are further distinguishable by the appID.

This could be a backwards-incompatible change for anyone relying on
Dropsonde's behavior surrounding the passing of requestID headers.

This story <https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/113195829> tracks its
progress.

Thanks.
CF-Loggregator

Making UAA work with Openstack Keystone

Noburou TANIGUCHI

Hi team,

We've recently been trying to make UAA work with OpenStack Keystone.

With UAA 2.7.0.3 (used by cf-release v222) or before, they works fine
together, by setting `uaa.keystone.enabled` and
`uaa.keystone.authenticationUrl` properties in BOSH deployment manifest.

However, with UAA 2.7.1 (used by cf-release v223) or after, UAA doesn't work
properly with Keystone.

It outputs logs on startup such like:

```
YamlConfigurationValidator: Failed to load YAML validation bean. Your YAML
file may be invalid.
Can't construct a java object for
tag:yaml.org,2002:org.cloudfoundry.identity.uaa.UaaConfiguration;
exception=Cannot create property=keystone for
JavaBean=org.cloudfoundry.identity.uaa.UaaConfiguration(a)4b0efc0d; Unable to
find property 'keystone' on class:
org.cloudfoundry.identity.uaa.UaaConfiguration
```

then become running. But when we try to authenticate a user only in the
Keystone server, simply it fails.

Finally we've found the reason why authentication fails.

In UAA 2.7.0.3, DynamicZoneAwareAuthenticationManager#authenticate is:

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/blob/2.7.0.3/login/src/main/java/org/cloudfoundry/identity/uaa/authentication/manager/DynamicZoneAwareAuthenticationManager.java#L61-L71

```
61 @Override
62 public Authentication authenticate(Authentication authentication)
throws AuthenticationException {
63 IdentityZone zone = IdentityZoneHolder.get();
64 //if zone==uaa just use the authzAuthenticationMgr bean
65 if (zone.equals(IdentityZone.getUaa())) {
66 return authzAuthenticationMgr.authenticate(authentication);
67 } else {
68 //chain it exactly like the UAA
69 return
getChainedAuthenticationManager(zone).authenticate(authentication);
70 }
71 }
```

And when the uaa.keystone properties exist in BOSH deployment manifest, the
zone of Keystone identity provider becomes `uaa`, so the first `if` (l.65)
falls `true` and `authzAuthenticationMgr.authenticate(authentication)` is
called.

But UAA v2.7.1, the same method is:

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/blob/2.7.1/login/src/main/java/org/cloudfoundry/identity/uaa/authentication/manager/DynamicZoneAwareAuthenticationManager.java#L58-L63

```
58 @Override
59 public Authentication authenticate(Authentication authentication)
throws AuthenticationException {
60 IdentityZone zone = IdentityZoneHolder.get();
61 //chain it exactly like the UAA
62 return
getChainedAuthenticationManager(zone).authenticate(authentication);
63 }
```

There is no `if` and always calling
`getChainedAuthenticationManager(zone).authenticate(authentication)`.

And DynamicZoneAwareAuthenticationManager#getChainedAuthenticationManager
is:

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/blob/2.7.1/login/src/main/java/org/cloudfoundry/identity/uaa/authentication/manager/DynamicZoneAwareAuthenticationManager.java#L65-L94

```
65 protected ChainedAuthenticationManager
getChainedAuthenticationManager(IdentityZone zone) {
66 IdentityProvider ldapProvider = getProvider(Origin.LDAP, zone);
67 IdentityProvider uaaProvider = getProvider(Origin.UAA, zone);
68
69 List<AuthenticationManagerConfiguration> delegates = new
LinkedList<>();
70
71 if (uaaProvider.isActive()) {
72 AuthenticationManagerConfiguration uaaConfig = new
AuthenticationManagerConfiguration(internalUaaAuthenticationManager, null);
73 uaaConfig.setStopIf(AccountNotVerifiedException.class,
AuthenticationPolicyRejectionException.class);
74 delegates.add(uaaConfig);
75 }
76
77 if (ldapProvider.isActive()) {
78 //has LDAP IDP config changed since last time?
79 DynamicLdapAuthenticationManager existing =
getLdapAuthenticationManager(zone, ldapProvider);
80 if
(!existing.getDefinition().equals(ldapProvider.getConfigValue(LdapIdentityProviderDefinition.class)))
{
81 ldapAuthManagers.remove(zone);
82 existing.destroy();
83 }
84 DynamicLdapAuthenticationManager ldapAuthenticationManager =
getLdapAuthenticationManager(zone, ldapProvider);
85 AuthenticationManagerConfiguration ldapConfig =
86 new
AuthenticationManagerConfiguration(ldapAuthenticationManager,
87 delegates.size()>0
? ChainedAuthenticationManager.IF_PREVIOUS_FALSE : null);
88 delegates.add(ldapConfig);
89 }
90
91 ChainedAuthenticationManager result = new
ChainedAuthenticationManager();
92 result.setDelegates(delegates.toArray(new
AuthenticationManagerConfiguration[delegates.size()]));
93 return result;
94 }
```

So it seems only aware of providers whose origin is `Origin.LDAP` or
`Origin.UAA`, not aware of the Keystone provider whose origin is
`Origin.KEYSTONE`.

So my questions are below:

Q1: The change between 2.7.0.3 and 2.7.1 seems excluding the Keystone
support. Is this done intentiolnally? I mean, is the Keystone support
intentionally excluded after 2.7.1?

(One thing that makes tracing the change's intention harder is that the
commit of UAA v2.7.1 is a root commit abruptly emerges in the Git log graph.
I think it's not like the "Git way".)

If Q1 is "No",

Q2: Is this a bug?

or,

Q3: Is there any way to use UAA (after 2.7.1) with Keystone?

Thanks in advance.

-----
I'm not a ...
noburou taniguchi

Re: Dc4cities-project post from hsiliev@gmail.com requires approval

Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont@...>

\
-H "Host: example.org" \
-H "Cookie: "

But how can I get my authorization token?

Mailman will discard the held message. Do this if the message is
spam. If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
to the list. The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
of the body of the reply.
--

Corentin Dupont
Researcher @ Create-Netwww.corentindupont.info

Re: apps logs

Hristo Iliev

[...]

Re: Memory settings on the java buildpack

Noburou TANIGUCHI

Amishi,

Please give us more information about your question.

1. What is "the memory settings in the java buildpack"?
2. What is "memory sizes"?
3. What did you do with changing "memory sizes",
and how did you confirm they were successfully changed?
4. What is "the memory heuristics"?
5. What did you do with changing "the memory heuristics",
and how did you confirm they failed?

Basically, java-buildpack configures an app memory with
java-buildpack-memory-calculator [1].
It divides the total memory assigned to an app to heap, metaspace, native,
permgen, and stack, depending on its "containers" (you may find the list of
containers at [2]) determined by the `detect` script in java-buildpack.

[1] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/java-buildpack-memory-calculator
[2]
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/java-buildpack/tree/5ceccb103a41c20644a64d74cae8c8f4332598c9/config

Amishi Shah (amishish) wrote
Hey team,

I am trying to modify the memory settings in the java buildpack. I see
that the changes on memory sizes work, but I don't see the memory
heuristics work.

Can anyone please suggest if there is any other change required with the
memory heuristics to take place?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Amishi Shah

-----
I'm not a ...
noburou taniguchi

apps logs

Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont@...>

Hi guys,
I would like to know if there is a log somewhere containing the number of
apps in CF (result of cf apps)? Or a log of the scale up/down commands?
I need to make an analysis of all the scaling up/down operations that
happened on the infrastructure.

Thanks a lot,
Corentin

--