Date

Re: How to use SSL with multi domain

Shannon Coen

If you don't want to host the CF certs on your own load balancer, skip
HAProxy and terminate SSL at the Gorouter. In this scenario HAProxy is an
unnecessary network hop. Gorouter also only supports one certificate, but
you can support multiple domains in the same way David mentioned.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 4:40 AM, David Head-Rapson <dave(a)dhrapson.com> wrote:

Adding your new custom domains as Aliases on 'SAN' SSL certificates is the
quickest way to get your SSL traffic enabled in the absence of multi-cert
support on HAProxy.

Re: Import large dataset to Postgres instance in CF

Siva Balan <mailsiva@...>

Hi Nick,
Your Option 1(Using psql CLI) is not possible since there is a firewall
that only allows connection from CF apps to postgres DB. Apps like psql CLI
that are outside of CF have no access to the postgres DB.
I just wanted to get some thoughts from this community since I presume many
would have faced a similar circumstance of importing large sets of data to
their DB which is behind a firewall and accessible only through CF apps.

Thanks
Siva

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Nicholas Calugar <ncalugar(a)pivotal.io>
wrote:

Hi Siva,

You'll have to tell us more about how your PostgreSQL and CF was deployed,
but you might be able to connect to it from your local machine using the
psql CLI and the credentials for one of your bound apps. This takes CF out
of the equation other than the service binding providing the credentials.

If this doesn't work, there are a number of things that could be in the
way, i.e. firewall that only allows connection from CF or the PostgreSQL
server is on a different subnet. You can then try using some machine as a
jump box that will allow access to the PostgreSQL.

Nick

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:40 AM Siva Balan <mailsiva(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
Below is my requirement:
I have a postgres instance deployed on our corporate CF deployment. I
have created a service instance of this postgres and bound my app to it.
Now I need to import a very large dataset(millions of records) into this
postgres instance.
As a CF user, I do not have access to any ports on CF other than 80 and
443. So I am not be able to use any of the native postgresql tools to
import the data. I can view and run simple SQL commands on this postgres
instance using the phppgadmin app that is also bound to my postgres service
instance.
Now, what is the best way for me to import this large dataset to my
postgres service instance?
All thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Siva Balan

--
http://www.twitter.com/sivabalans

--
http://www.twitter.com/sivabalans

Quotas in CF

Rajesh Jain

In cf at an org level you have quotas for
1. Memory
2. Routes
3. Services

Two questions on quotas for routes and services:

Is there any correlation or best practice on assigning quotas for routes and services based on memory quota for an org.
For e.g 16 GB quota can have 8 app instances of 2 GB per instance and assuming 2 routes per app, you can assign (though not scientifically) quota of 16 routes?
What about service quota? And what is the memory footprint of a service instance on the org quota?

Thanks, Rajesh

Re: cf start of diego enabled app results in status code: 500 -- where to look for logs?

Eric Malm <emalm@...>

Hi, Tom,

It may be that Cloud Controller is unable to resolve the consul-provided
DNS entries for the CC-Bridge components, as that '10001 Unknown Error' 500
response sounds like this bug in the Diego tracker:
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/104066600. That 500 response
should be reflected as some sort of error in the CC log file, located by
default in /var/vcap/sys/log/cloud_controller_ng/cloud_controller_ng.log on
your CC VMs. It may even be helpful to follow that log in real-time with
`tail -f` while you try starting the Diego-targeted app via the CLI. To be
sure you capture it, you should tail that log file on each CC in your
deployment. In any case, a stack trace associated to that error would
likely help us identify what to check next.

Also, does `bosh vms` report any failing VMs in either the CF or the Diego
deployments?

Best,
Eric

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Tom Sherrod <tom.sherrod(a)gmail.com> wrote:

I'm giving CF 225 and diego 0.1441.0 a run.
CF 225 is up and app deployed.
Stop app. cf enable-diego app. Start app:
FAILED
Server error, status code: 500, error code: 10001, message: An unknown
error occurred.
FAILED
Server error, status code: 500, error code: 10001, message: An unknown
error occurred.

CF_TRACE ends with:
REQUEST: [2015-12-09T17:17:37-05:00]
PUT
/v2/apps/02c68ddd-0596-4aab-8c05-a8f538d06712?async=true&inline-relations-depth=1
HTTP/1.1
Host: api.dev.foo.com
Accept: application/json
Authorization: [PRIVATE DATA HIDDEN]

{"state":"STARTED"}

RESPONSE: [2015-12-09T17:17:37-05:00]
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 22:17:36 GMT
Server: nginx

{
"error_code": "UnknownError",
"description": "An unknown error occurred.",
"code": 10001
}

Where next to look for the broken piece?

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 22:17:36 GMT
Server: nginx

{
"error_code": "UnknownError",
"description": "An unknown error occurred.",
"code": 10001
}

Where next to look for the broken piece?

Re: Import large dataset to Postgres instance in CF

Nicholas Calugar

Tom Sherrod <tom.sherrod@...>

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 22:17:36 GMT
Server: nginx

{
"error_code": "UnknownError",
"description": "An unknown error occurred.",
"code": 10001
}

Where next to look for the broken piece?

Re: App Container IP Address assignment on vSphere

Daya Shetty <daya.shetty@...>

Will,

We are using warden containers in our deployment and I was referring to the attributes defined in

./cf-release/jobs/dea_next/templates/warden.yml.erb

network:
pool_start_address: 10.254.0.0
pool_size: 256

and in ./cf-release/src/warden/warden/lib/warden/config.rb

def self.network_defaults
{
"pool_network" => "10.254.0.0/24",
"deny_networks" => [],
"allow_networks" => [],
"allow_host_access" => false,
"mtu" => 1500,
}
end

def self.network_schema
::Membrane::SchemaParser.parse do
{
# Preferred way to specify networks to pool
optional("pool_network") => String,

# Present for Backwards compatibility
optional("pool_start_address") => String,
optional("pool_size") => Integer,
optional("release_delay") => Integer,
optional("mtu") => Integer,

"deny_networks" => [String],
"allow_networks" => [String],
optional("allow_host_access") => bool,
}
end

Thanks
Daya

Re: FW: issue tracker permissions

Amit Kumar Gupta

I believe it will create a ZenDesk ticket, and someone from Tracker will
follow up. I've raised this issue before as well, IIRC the response was
it's something they've heard before, but wasn't something they were going
to do right away. You're right, there's no mechanism to raise an issue
that other people can then +1. Maybe Twitter?

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Voelz, Marco <marco.voelz(a)sap.com> wrote:

Thanks for pointing me to this link. However, we seem to have the same
problem here: This seems like a fire-and-forget solution. Where does this
item go? How can I send it to other people and have them +1 it, like it,
follow it, favorite it or whatever is necessary to indicate that there is
more than 1 person wanting this feature?

Thanks and warm regards
Marco

On 09/12/15 20:01, "Amit Gupta" <agupta(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

If you're logged in to Tracker, there's a "Help & Updates" link at the
top, and one of the options is Provide Feedback.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Voelz, Marco <marco.voelz(a)sap.com> wrote:

I'd happily submit a feature request to build up some visible demand for
this – could you point me to the right channel here?

Thanks and warm regards
Marco

On 08/12/15 23:01, "Dieu Cao" <dcao(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

Unfortunately in order to follow a story in tracker, the minimum required
level is "member" which allows you to create/comment/delete stories in
tracker.
I would suggest submitting a request to the pivotal tracker team to help
build up evidence that this is a feature that people want.

-Dieu

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Matt Cholick <cholick(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I wanted to chime in that this
is a frustration I have too. There are several stories in the various CF
teams public backlogs that I'd like to keep track of.

Is it possible for community members to get enough permissions on our
tracker accounts to add ourselves to the follow list?

-Matt

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:10 AM, Koper, Dies <diesk(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com>
wrote:

Hi Marco, Jan,

I sent an email to Tracker support about that last week because we were
hoping to close CLI feature requests on GH and let people follow the
stories on Tracker. Support confirmed that people need to have R/W access
to a project to do that.
I have just replied to ask if they'd consider an enhancement. Not sure
what the proper channel would be to get such a story prioritized.
Will let you know if I get a reply.

Cloud Foundry CLI PM