From: cf-dev@... <cf-dev@...> on behalf of Miki Mokrysz via lists.cloudfoundry.org <miki.mokrysz=digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 11:41 AM
To: cf-dev@... <cf-dev@...>
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] TLS for everything

+1 on desiring everything to be encrypted on the network.

We’re under the impression that Silk (apps.internal) traffic between cells is also unencrypted.

On Tuesday, 15 September 2020, Peter Burkholder via lists.cloudfoundry.org <peter.burkholder=gsa.gov@...> wrote:
We may run into similar requirements for cloud.gov, so TLS everywhere would be A+.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 1:45 PM Jon Price <jon.price@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,
There has been a lot of excellent progress in securing all CF traffic with TLS and as far as I can tell there are only a few things that are still unencrypted.
Is there a timeline or any plans for these last few things?

1) routing-api - still using both TLS and non-TLS in the cf-deployment.  The http endpoint is what is registered in the router.  Is there a reason for still enabling both?
2) metrics-discovery-registrar-windows - not using nats-tls hostname, falling back to 4222
3) route_registrar - not using nats-tls
4) gorouter - not using nats-tls

We have a requirement that all traffic on the network is encrypted and I would really love to stop running IPsec. :)

Jon Price
Intel Corp.

--
Peter Burkholder |  cloud.gov compliance & security