Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Thanks Chris for compiling this!
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 11:12 am, Chris Clark <cclark@...
In 2020, we thought it would be beneficial to share more frequent updates on various happenings in the Cloud Foundry ecosystem: community news, projects, releases, demos, recordings of community meetings, must-read articles, and other interesting finds within the community. Expect brief round-ups like this every two weeks going forward. We hope you find this useful and interesting - feedback welcome!
From The Last Few Weeks:
- cf cli v6.49.0 was released: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/topic/cf_cli_v6_49_0_is_available/69541640?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,69541640
- cf routing v0.197.0 was released: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/topic/routing_release_0_197_0/69741399?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,69741399
- Quarks project released CF Operator v1.0: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-bosh/topic/cf_dev_cf_bosh_project/68858276?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,68858276
- The CAB call was held on Jan 15, where KubeCF was demo’ed by SUSE: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SCOlAquyUmNM-AQnekCOXiwhLs6gveTxAcduvDcW_xI/edit#heading=h.mewn94q54hla
- From Jan 7 Runtime PMC meeting: The Release Integration team has launched bi-weekly schedule for cf-deployment minor releases with early positive feedback.
- Interesting writeup of cloudnativebuildpacks.io: https://devstack.in/2020/01/03/introduction-to-cloud-native-buildpacks-with-kubernetes/
- CF for Kubernetes SIG call videos from January are up:
Jan 7 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2DZNetyV5U&feature=youtu.be
Jan 21 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hob5Qj8Gaso&=&feature=youtu.be
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF for Kubernetes SIG call – 8:30 AM on Feb 4
- Bi-Weekly CF App Runtime PMC meeting – 10:30 AM on Feb 4
Interesting Finds from Around the Web:
- SUSE released v0.1.0 of KubeCF: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/topic/kubecf_0_1_0/69269395?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,69269395
- A cool video from IBM putting Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes in context published back in October: https://youtu.be/oUpqXxmr6oU
- Google Cloud Next will be April 6 to 8 in SF: https://cloud.google.com/blog/topics/google-cloud-next/join-us-at-google-cloud-next-2020
- Harness.io wrote a bit about how CI/CD and PaaS are better together: https://harness.io/2020/01/platform-as-a-service-series-part-3-3-paas-and-harness-better-together/
- Neat writeup about cloud.gov and the concept of “Government as a Platform”: https://cloudbestpractices.net/cloud-gov/
- Congratulations to Resilient Scale: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/exciting-times-resilient-scale-steve-greenberg/
- Setting up App Autoscaler using Stark and Wayne’s Genesis https://starkandwayne.com/blog/setting-up-cf-autoscaler-using-genesis/
- Running Cloud Foundry on Kubernetes using kubecf https://starkandwayne.com/blog/running-cloud-foundry-on-kubernetes-using-kubecf/
- CF Summit promotional video https://youtu.be/ZcJRvW5E7wo
Dr Nic Williams
Stark & Wayne LLC
+61 437 276 076