- CF vs PAS4BOSH vs PAS4K8s vs TKG
Re: CF vs PAS4BOSH vs PAS4K8s vs TKG
toggle quoted message
Show quoted text
As i understand it, TKG is an internal project unrelated to either OSS communities (CF or k8s).
Would it be possible for someone from VMware MAPBU to clarify a few terms for the benefit of the community?
- Is PAS4BOSH a synonym for CF as currently packaged? Do y'all use the terms interchangeably?
- Is PAS4K8s simply CF packaged in a Kubernetes-native format, or something else?
- Should the community pay heed to discussions about PAS4K8s because that will affect/trickle down to open source CF, or is this proprietary-only code forevermore?
- Is TKG in any way related to the OSS CF community, or is this an internal project that we should disregard as none of our business?
These questions came up as a result of reading the comments on CF-RFC 030
- "are we sure we want to invest that much time and effort in CF?"
- "Would we imagine doing this in PAS4BOSH? [...] Or maybe just going forward for PAS4K8s and TKG work"
- "I imagined this only for CF (not PAS4K8S)"
- "Many teams are shifting focus to PAS4BOSH" (assuming this is a typo and the author meant PAS4K8s)
It's great that folks are having these discussions in the open, and I wouldn't want to discourage this from happening. I also appreciate that things are probably in flux and being figured out currently.
Daniel 'Deejay' Jones - CTO
+44 (0)79 8000 9153
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.