Re: Eirini in 2019 CFAR certification requirements

Guillaume Berche

[1] Feedback: For governance docs (@Chip Childers), it might be worthwhile to keep things in a public Github repo, too.

> Ack - will work on that. :)

Chip, any progress on making governance and certification documents available to the community onto github ?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 5:30 PM Chip Childers <cchilders@...> wrote:
Seems that discussion has died down on this.... At this point, it appears that consensus is around not adding Erini yet and reassessing when the project is further along.

We can certainly make changes later in the year. The PMC Council has final say around any changes to the technical requirements, but any CFF member can propose the change. I'll look for interested parties to re-propose Erini inclusion when folks feel it's appropriate.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 8:27 AM Simon D Moser <smoser@...> wrote:
+1. Our main intent certainly was to avoid certification FUD in case we accomplish a "mature" Eirini in the first half or 2019. To me ammeding the requirements with a mid-term update does address this, so I'm fine with that.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Simon Moser

Senior Technical Staff Member / IBM Master Inventor
Bluemix Application Platform Lead Architect
Dept. C727, IBM Research & Development Boeblingen

IBM Deutschland
Schoenaicher Str. 220
71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49-7031-16-4304
Fax: +49-7031-16-4890
E-Mail: smoser@...
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht
Stuttgart, HRB 243294

*******

ITIL has led people to think in siloes ("go fix change management").
Project Management has led people to think in finite units of work instead of streams of product.
Both are fundamental dysfunctions of the framework model, not failures of execution.
       ⁃        Rob England

From:        "Troy Topnik" <troy.topnik@...>
To:        cf-dev@...
Date:        04/12/2018 21:12
Subject:        Re: [cf-dev] Eirini in 2019 CFAR certification requirements
Sent by:        cf-dev@...

That sounds reasonable. I was going to add some "pending feature parity and passing CATs" language in the proposed change, but ammeding the requirements with a mid-term update would probably satisfy our needs without introducing conditional clauses.

Thanks for the feedback.

TT