Note: lists.cloudfoundry.org will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, October 5th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Wednesday October 5, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
- CF CLI v6.38.0 Released Today
CF CLI v6.38.0 Released Today
The CF CLI team released cf CLI v6.38.0 today; please see release notes
for full details. Highlights include:
Changes to the `cf app app-name` Display
- In late June, we sent out a survey (thank you to all who responded) to ask the community their opinion on changing the `cf app app-name` display. Buoyed by your feedback, we decided to move forward with changing the `cf app` display such that it is backed by the v3 app api endpoint. Users on cc api 3.27 or higher will see the new app display.
Multiple Buildpacks Support
- Previously, pushing with multiple buildpacks, required you to use a combination of "v2" and "v3" commands. Now, if you are using CC API `3.25` or above, you can push with multiple buildpacks by either passing in multiple `-b` flags, or use the new `buildpacks` field in the manifest.
Invocation Timeout Configuration
- App devs on cc api `3.43.0` or higher can now use `v3-set-health-check` to set per invocation timeouts for http and port health checks for individual health checks.
Upgraded to Golang 1.10.3
- This release bumps the CLI to use Golang `1.10.3`.
Support for SOCKS5
- We added SOCKS5 support for `cf v3-ssh`
- `v3-ssh` process type now defaults to `web`
- Support added for setting tags for user provided service instances
- Now a warning appears if you attempt to use deprecated properties and variable substitution
- Updated usage so now you can rename the `cf` binary use it with every command
- `cf events` now displays the Diego `cell_id` and `instance` guid in crash events
- Includes `cf service service-instance` table display improvements wherein the service instance information is now grouped separately from the binding information
- `cf service service-instance` table display information for user provided services changed: `status` has been added to the table
- New translations are included in this release. Big thanks to IBM who contributed updated translations of CLI output and help text. As the update came in mid-release and a number of message strings changed since, you may find some untranslated messages (in particular in the help pages).
- the CLI now properly handles escaped commas in the `X-Cf-Warnings` header
- the `buildpack` field in the manifest has been deprecated in favour of `buildpacks`.
: An Yu, Sebastian Vidrio, Anande Gaitonde, Thomas Viehman, Alex Zhao, Abby Chau, Spencer Hawley, Renee Chu, Nick Guerette
Special Guests: Dies Koper (for helping us test SOCK5 support), SAPI London team (for tags support for user provided services and help updating the `cf service service-instance` table), Dr. Max and the IBM team (for translation updates).
Abby and the CLI team
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.