Re: Proposal for Incubation in the Extensions PMC: MultiApps
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
- integration with secure credentials systems such as credhub or vault
- expression dependencies across elements
- support for service instance provisionning
- declarative model
Hi Nikolay,Thanks for sharing the MultiApp proposal and contributing this work to the community.
It seems MTA shares many objectives with the terraform providers for cloudfoundry , credhub  and uaa  previous shared in , such as
Some objectives seem to differ though:
- terraform isn't designed to orchestrate expressed sequences of operations (and rather relies on external orchestrators for this),
- terraform isn't desired to monitoring state of resources once provisioned (e.g. starting/started/stopped/failed) nor displaying them to end-users
The TF provider seems broader in scope since in addition of the developer persona, it also addresses the cf admin and cf operators personas (i.e. full parity with CF CLI, and plans for handling some bosh resource in the future )
Leveraging terraform core and its ecosystem has provided many built-in, features without extra effort, e.g.:
- dry run
- partial update
- concurrent deployments
- templating (through modules)
- UI tooling (e.g. in intellij, atom)
- local or remote state management
- ability to combine multiple providers (e.g CF AR and CF CR)
- CI/CD integration (e.g. in concourse )
The TF provider contributors are now focussing towards having the provider join the list of official hashicorp providers , and has recently received some great SAP contributions .
You may reach out to the team on the terraform slack channel , we'd be happy to proceed with further exchanges around common and diverging use-cases.
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 9:38 PM, Zach Robinson <zrobinson@...> wrote: