Re: Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes Integration Efforts

Krannich, Bernd <bernd.krannich@...>

Hello Shannon,

I think you are referring to my original mail that was pointing to four documents in total, correct?

Please let me know if you continue to face issues with commenting in any of the docs.

From: <cf-dev@...> on behalf of Shannon Coen <scoen@...>
Date: Friday, 16. March 2018 at 18:59
To: "cf-dev@..." <cf-dev@...>
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes Integration Efforts

Hello Bernd,

Would you please grant anyone with the link permissions to comment on these docs?

Thank you.

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 4:03 PM, Adam Hevenor <ahevenor@...> wrote:

Bernd -

Happy New Year!

I linked
another proposal I have been working on that expands on the ideas of containerizing loggregator and the benefits of "unified logging" (or I like to refer to it as egress). This has benefits beyond PKS, which include stand alone service, multi-foundation and general observability mind share.

These ideas have really gotten me excited and I think there is a strong case for making unified egress a first class concern of both platforms and we are bubbling with ideas to improve it further. Of course I am now also probably guilty of imagining an attractive end state without thinking through all of the steps along the way - but it feels like we are taking those first steps by sharing these ideas.

I'll reach out separately to coordinate some offline communications on this subject.

Adam