Re: What should happen to Service Instance Bindings when their Plan is updated?

landzhev@...

Hi Alex,

Our service broker implementation to a large extend ignores the planId. We store it as a piece of information, but we do not use it later on,

Best regards,
Nikolay

On Thursday, February 1, 2018, 6:11:48 AM GMT+2, Basavaraju, Jagadish <jagadish.basavaraju@...> wrote:

Our implementation of Service Broker [1] ignores Plan Id and Service Id input during the bind requests and the bindings are valid even post plan update.

Jagadish

[1] – Service Fabrik – https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/service-fabrik-broker

From: <cf-dev@...> on behalf of Alex Ley <aley@...>
Date: Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 9:00 PM
To: "cf-dev@..." <cf-dev@...>
Subject: [cf-dev] What should happen to Service Instance Bindings when their Plan is updated?

For folks who build Service Brokers, I would like to get your input on this issue [1] in the OSBAPI spec project.

Today the spec doesn't give any guidance on what should happen to bindings when a plan is updated. We are looking to add some clarification / set the expected behaviour.

Could you share the logic for your service brokers on the issue? Do you use the `plan_id` in the binding request?