CF CLI v6.29.0 Released Today - Org Default Isolation Segments
Koper, Dies <diesk@...>
The CF CLI team cut 6.29.0 today.
Deb, yum and Homebrew repos have been updated; binaries, installers and link to release notes are available at:
Org default isolation segments
This release introduces commands to configure a default isolation segment for an org, on which applications are placed from any space that has not explicitly been assigned an isolation segment.
The new commands require a target CF release of v254 (CC API v3.11.0) onwards.
Refer to the documentation<http://docs.cloudfoundry.org/adminguide/isolation-segments.html#set_org_default_is> for details.
Bash tab completion on dash includes long options
Tab completion on a single dash (-) now displays both short and long option names (suppressing short ones when a long one is available) to get a quick overview of all available options to a (sub)command:
$ cf push myapp -<tab><tab>
-b --health-check-type --no-hostname --route-path
-c --help --no-manifest -s
-d --hostname --no-route -t
--docker-image -i --no-start --version
--docker-username -k -p
-f -m --random-route
An enhancement to our upstream Goflags command parser library was accepted to support this. Previously, tab completion on a single dash would only display short options.
* add-plugin-repo did not work if the plugin repo URL contained a path in cf CLI v6.28.0. (#1178<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/1178>)
* Refactored commands could fail when obtaining a new access token from an older CF release. (#1175<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/1175>)
We are in the process of creating a more consistent user experience; our goal is to standardize UI output.
For example, warnings and errors will consistently be outputted to stderr instead of stdout and English table and key-value headers displayed in lowercase.
As we iterate through the list of commands, we are also focusing on improving performance and stability.
Please review your scripts if they depend on the output of these commands.
List of improved commands in this release:
* set-org-default-isolation-segment was added to set the default isolation segment used for apps in spaces in an org
* reset-org-default-isolation-segment was added to reset the default isolation segment used for apps in spaces of an org
* org now displays the configured org's default isolation segment
* restage and restart now display a more detailed error message when staging fails
* set-space-isolation-segment and reset-space-isolation-segment now have better command descriptions
* security-groups now won't fail if a security group is deleted while retrieving its details
* enable-feature-flag and disable-feature-flag now have better, concise command descriptions. (#1174<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/1174>)
* set-env now includes unset-env in its SEE ALSO help section. (#1179<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/issues/1179>)
New & updated community plugins
* mysql-plugin v1.4.0: https://github.com/andreasf/cf-mysql-plugin
* network-policy v1.2.0: https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/cf-networking-release
Cloud Foundry Product Manager - CLI