Announcing cf-mysql-release v35
On behalf of the Core Services team, I'm happy to announce that we've
recently published cf-mysql-release v35
The major motivation for this release is to switch the manifest to use BOSH
links. This supports the work going on in cf-deployment
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-deployment>. We've also swapped out our
fork of route-registrar, preferring instead the official one in
Due to the nature of the cf-deployment integration work, we may need to
spin a small release or two as we tweak how to expose those links.
Based on the results of the poll included with v34, few of you are locked
into using spiff. As a result of that, we continued to update spiff
templates in v35, but will no longer include them in future releases. To
deploy v35, I recommend you try cf-mysql-deployment v35
cf-deployment, we're learning as we go. Please send us lots of feedback.
Stay tuned for coming epics which will include tightening security and
Pivotal Software, Inc.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, May 3, 2017 at 7:20 PM
Subject: [cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release] v35
Cc: Subscribed <subscribed(a)noreply.github.com>
*Notice:* Based on your responses to the v34 poll
will be the last release in which we include updated spiff templates. That
means that starting with v36, you'll want to check out cf-mysql-deployment
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-deployment> or continue building
your manifest by other means.
Also, using cf-mysql-deployment
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-deployment> just got easier with
the official GA
of the bosh v2 CLI <http://bosh.io/docs/cli-v2.html>!
cf-mysql-release should use MariaDB 10.1.22 [#141072891
Use routing-release instead of our own fork of route-registrar [
For a long time, cf-mysql-release has used a fork of the route-registrar
library. To stay current, we now require routing-release
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/routing-release>. Please note
the README.md <http:///cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release/blob/v35/README.md>
now covers this prerequisite.
*Note:* When switching to the canonical distribution of route-registrar,
we had to change the URL of the proxy. Where once you'd visit
<https://proxy-0-p-mysql.SYSTEM-DOMAIN/>, now the instance index is
- As an operator I can navigate to a well-known URL to discover a list
of URLs to the proxy dashboards [#138180969
If you use cf-mysql-deployment, and include the register-proxy-route.yml
operations file, the deployment will automatically include a proxy
aggregator: https://proxy-p-mysql.SYSTEM-DOMAIN/ which will include
links to the proxy dashboards, regardless of the naming scheme. This
feature is only available when using BOSH links.
- As an Operator, I'd like the docs to cover how to upgrade from v34 to
v35 which uses routing-release [#144161787
- cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release #157
nats properties [#143997101
Some nats properties are no longer used by our jobs directly, but
routing-release still uses the same properties so deployment manifests do
not need to change.
Providing and Consuming BOSH links
Using BOSH links <https://bosh.io/docs/links.html> simplifies manifests and
manifest generation - every time a BOSH release uses a link, that's less
copying and pasting via template.
- cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release #154
database links for mysql and proxy jobs [#143086033
- cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release #149
consume cc link for app_domains in smoke tests [#140458283
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
- [BUG] Upgrading from older releases fails to start mariadb [#139334661
- [BUG] Logs not draining to syslog [#143069405
- Fixes a regression in v34 that logs were not sent to syslog.
- [BUG] mysql_release fails to deploy to a BOSH director using local_dns
- [BUG] pre-start hangs indefinitely when cluster is not healthy [
- [BUG] If a node is failing, mariadb_ctrl waits for mysql forever [
- [BUG] roadmin user doesn't have read privs for admin operations? [
- cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release #155
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit to be configurable [#143693837
- cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release #158
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release/pull/158>: Nil the
consul link in the example stub [#144138871
- cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release #159
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release/pull/159>: add private
key option to download-logs script [#144411627
- As an Operator, if an errand is a no-op, it's better to exit 0 than
error [#139054911 <https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/139054911>]
- Stop attaching the tarball to the release notes of cf-mysql-release [
- Proxy startup and shutdown delay descriptions are backwards in spec [
- NOTICE files on various repositories are out of date [#141360157
- New: cf.mysql.innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit, optional, defaults to 1.
- New: cf_mysql.proxy.api_aggregator_port: optional, defaults to 8082.
- New: cf_mysql.proxy.api_uri, required when deploying the proxy
- Removed: cf_mysql.external_host
- Removed: cf_mysql.standalone
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release/releases/tag/v35> or mute