Re: staticfile-buildpack: Ability to include an nginx config

Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams@...>

I'm having nightmares from Engine Yard again - the platform and the customer competing over what goes in nginx.conf :)

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 8:56 AM +1000, "Koper, Dies" <diesk(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com> wrote:

Hi Danny,

The PubTools team uses the static-buildpack with a custom nginx.conf to add redirection rules like
http://cli.cloudfoundry.org ->
http://cli.cloudfoundry.org/en-US/cf/ and return custom 404 not found pages for urls with typos like
http://cli.cloudfoundry.org/en-US/cf/command-with-typo.

A concern I had with the current approach is that we had to copy the whole nginx.conf file, potentially missing out on improvements and security fixes made
to the original one in subsequent buildpack updates.

So we would definitely prefer a nginx-additions.conf approach.

Cloud Foundry CLI PM