From: Amit Gupta <agupta(a)pivotal.io<mailto:agupta(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Monday, March 7, 2016 at 12:24 PM
To: "Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco)" <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>>
Cc: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>, "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>
Subject: Re: Reg the minimal-openstack yml files

We're not likely to be able to create and maintain a new minimal manifest any time soon.

As for generating the manifest, you can look at these docs for what needs to go into the OpenStack stub as of the latest release:

http://docs.cloudfoundry.org/deploying/openstack/cf-stub.html

Combining this with updating your current template guided by the errors is a good way to generate the manifest. This is not guaranteed to work for 100% of use cases, e.g. if you want to use all floating IPs instead of static IPs. But it is a good starting point.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 4:09 AM, Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco) <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>> wrote:
Hi

We are trying to upgrade our deployment with the latest cloud-foundry, from 205 to 230 release, as per your advice.

We could see minimal-aws.yml available in the GIT repo. Can we have a similar one available for openstack environment, with which we can deploy the basic cloud foundry and do our custom changes on top of it

Parallely we are updating our stub to match the template yml files guided by the errors given by the generate_deployment_manifest script. Kindly let us know if this is the correct way to generate the manifest.

Regards
Nithiyasri