Re: Reg cant find template : metron_agent

Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark) <jayark@...>

Hi Rohit,

Following steps followed :-

* git clone https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release.git
* root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/scripts# ./update

*

root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release# bosh create release releases/cf-230.yml --with-tarball

*

root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/releases# bosh upload release cf-230.tgz

* root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy# bosh -n deployment cf-vmsdev5control.yml

Deployment set to `/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy/cf-vmsdev5control.yml'

* root(a)vms-inception-vm-2:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/tenant-vmsdev5control/cf-deploy# bosh -n deploy

I have shared the sample deployment yml file we are using for your reference.

Thanks

Jayaraj

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:15 PM
To: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Cc: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Reg cant find template : metron_agent

Can you also list the commands on how you are creating, uploading and deploying the release?

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark) <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>> wrote:

Thanks a lot Rohit for replying back very quickly!
I have run the scripts/update command after cloning the cf-release GIT repo.
Please see the command output below:-

root(a)automation-vm-jayark:/opt/cisco/vms-installer/cf-release/src/loggregator# find . -type d -maxdepth 2

find: warning: you have specified the -maxdepth option after a non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-maxdepth affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it). Please specify options before other arguments.

.

./src

./src/doppler

./src/loggregator

./src/trafficcontroller

./src/syslog_drain_binder

./src/bitbucket.org<http://bitbucket.org>

./src/monitor

./src/matchers

./src/signalmanager

./src/deaagent

./src/tools

./src/truncatingbuffer

./src/profiler

./src/logger

./src/lats

./src/common

./src/integration_tests

./src/metron

./src/github.com<http://github.com>

./packages

./packages/doppler

./packages/loggregator_trafficcontroller

./packages/syslog_drain_binder

./packages/dea_logging_agent

./packages/loggregator_common

./packages/loggregator-acceptance-tests

./packages/golang1.4

./packages/metron_agent

./docs

./config

./jobs

./jobs/doppler

./jobs/loggregator_trafficcontroller

./jobs/syslog_drain_binder

./jobs/dea_logging_agent

./jobs/loggregator-acceptance-tests

./jobs/metron_agent

./bin

./git-hooks

./samples

Thanks
Jayaraj

From: Rohit Kumar <rokumar(a)pivotal.io<mailto:rokumar(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>
Cc: Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>

Did you make sure to run "scripts/update" after cloning the cf-release repo? Can you run "find . -type d -maxdepth 2" from within the "src/loggregator" directory in cf-release and reply with what you get as output?

Rohit

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 1:39 AM, Nithiyasri Gnanasekaran -X (ngnanase - TECH MAHINDRA LIM at Cisco) <ngnanase(a)cisco.com<mailto:ngnanase(a)cisco.com>> wrote:
Hi

I am working on cloud foundry and I could create a development bosh release of cloud foundry using the following source:
git clone https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release.git (added some rules in haproxy.conf file)

When I tried to deploy with the dev release of cloud-foundry, I get the following error:

Started preparing deployment
Started preparing deployment > Binding releases. Done (00:00:00)
Started preparing deployment > Binding existing deployment. Done (00:00:00)
Started preparing deployment > Binding resource pools. Done (00:00:00)
Started preparing deployment > Binding stemcells. Done (00:00:00)
Started preparing deployment > Binding templates. Failed: Can't find template `metron_agent' (00:00:00)

Error 190012: Can't find template `metron_agent'

Kindly help me figure out the issue of the error, as this is a show-stopper for us..

Regards
Nithiaysri