From: Hristo Iliev [mailto:hsiliev(a)gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 4:48 PM
To: Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall. <cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Subject: [cf-dev] Re: Questions about purge app usage event API

Hi Minoru,
AFAIK the API does not handle the race condition and this is documented in the link you provided: "There is the potential race condition if apps are currently being started, stopped, or scaled"
The purging has to be called only once, before you start/connect your billing infrastructure. Have a look at this blog for more detailed explanation: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/how-to-bill-on-cloud-foundry/
Regards,
Hristo Iliev

I have some questions about 'Purge and reseed App Usage Events' API.
https://apidocs.cloudfoundry.org/212/app_usage_events/purge_and_reseed_app_usage_events.html

I am wondering about app started events. The API populates new events for started app.
This may cause the problems if the API and stopping app occur at the same time (race condition).
(e.g. app stopped after the API execution, which populates new app start event but stop app event
never occur).

How can I workaround this problem? Or CloudFoundry handles such race condition internally and
I do not have to consider the workaround for it?

Regards,
Minoru