Re: [abacus] Configuring Abacus applications

Jean-Sebastien Delfino

Hi Piotr,

We'll be looking for usage from Sept as well as we'll want to show it as
'previous month usage' in Oct, but we shouldn't *require* usage from Sept
and shouldn't fail (just show zero) if we can't find usage from Sept.

Like Assk said, if that fails open a Github issue. Thanks!

P.S. I will answer your initial question with some instance tuning
recommendations a bit later this evening.

- Jean-Sebastien

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Saravanakumar A Srinivasan <
sasrin(a)us.ibm.com> wrote:

I would expect it to start with 0, if the previous month DB does not
exist. Could you open a github issue with more details(+ logs if possible)
about what you are seeing there?

Thanks,
Saravanakumar Srinivasan (Assk),

From: Piotr Przybylski/Burlingame/IBM
Date: 10/21/2015 09:04AM
Subject: [abacus] Configuring Abacus applications

Hi,
couple of questions about configuring Abacus, specifically the recommended
settings and how to configure them

- is there a recommended minimal number of instances of Abacus applications
- how would above depend on expected number of submissions or documents to
be processed
- is there a dependency between number of instances of applications i.e.
do they have to match
- what is the default and recommended number of DB partitions and how can
they be configured (time based as well as key based)
- how would above depend on expected number of documents

Thank you,

Piotr