figuring out what is going on there.

Joseph
CF Release Integration Team

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Kyle Havlovitz (kyhavlov) <
kyhavlov(a)cisco.com> wrote:

After more tinkering, I got security group rules set up that allowed the
app to download the buildpack and push succesfully. However after about 30
seconds the container loses network connectivity and external requests to
it fail. I can still get into the container with the warden shell but any
network requests fail. Would something be blocking the container’s network
access shortly after it come up (mistakenly thinking it’s unresponsive)?

From: Kyle Havlovitz <kyhavlov(a)cisco.com>
Date: Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 3:30 PM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Subject: [cf-dev] DEA/Warden staging error

I’ve been trying to configure the CC security groups to get this stuff
working and haven’t been able to do it. Currently I’m trying to use just
one security group to allow anything:
Name allow_all
Rules
[
{
"destination": "0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255",
"protocol": "all"
},
{
"destination": "0.0.0.0/0",
"ports": "53",
"protocol": "tcp"
},
{
"destination": "0.0.0.0/0",
"ports": "53",
"protocol": "udp"
}
]

But I still can’t get to anything from inside the container. Is there
something else I have to configure for this?

From: CF Runtime <cfruntime(a)gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 1:28 PM
To: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall." <
cf-dev(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
Subject: [cf-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DEA/Warden staging error

It certainly could be. By default the contains reject all egress traffic.
CC security groups configure iptables rules that allow traffic out.

One of the default security groups in the BOSH templates allows access on
port 53. If you have no security groups, the containers will not be able to
make any outgoing requests.

Joseph & Natalie
CF Release Integration Team

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Kyle Havlovitz (kyhavlov) <
kyhavlov(a)cisco.com> wrote:

On running git clone inside the container via the warden shell, I get:
"Cloning into 'staticfile-buildpack'...
fatal: unable to access '
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/staticfile-buildpack/': Could not
resolve host: github.com".
So the container can't get to anything outside of it (I also tried
pinging some external IPs to make sure it wasn't a DNS thing). Would this
be caused by cloud controller security group settings?