Stephan

Von: CF Runtime
Antworten an: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall."
Datum: Mittwoch, 16. September 2015 10:56
An: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall."
Betreff: [cf-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: cc metric: total_users

The users reported by CloudController.total_users are the users the Cloud Controller has in its database. This is normally the same set of users that exist in UAA.

However, there is nothing that prevents you from creating users via the UAAC cli tool, or creating new UAA clients that can create users themselves.

Joseph
OSS Release Integration Team

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Voelz, Marco <marco.voelz(a)sap.com<mailto:marco.voelz(a)sap.com>> wrote:
Hi John,

thanks for your answer, however, I don’t understand that completely. For the open source version of CF, what does “register in CF console” mean? And what might be an example of “other applications” you are referring to?

Thanks and warm regards
Marco

On 16/09/15 08:29, "Klevenz, Stephan" <stephan.klevenz(a)sap.com<mailto:stephan.klevenz(a)sap.com>> wrote:

Thanks for clarification

-- Stephan

Von: John Liptak
Antworten an: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall."
Datum: Dienstag, 15. September 2015 18:17
An: "Discussions about Cloud Foundry projects and the system overall."
Betreff: [cf-dev] Re: cc metric: total_users

Cloud Controller reports the number of users register in CF console. UAAC reports additional users who may have access to other applications. So they are both correct, depending on what you need.

For example, if you call the REST API for a UAAC user that isn't in the CF console, but still call the cloud controller REST API, you will get a 404.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Klevenz, Stephan <stephan.klevenz(a)sap.com<mailto:stephan.klevenz(a)sap.com>> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question, hopefully a small one :-)

The CloudController.total_users metric (/CF\.CloudController\.0\..*\.total_users/) differs from number of users reported by uaac (uaac users command / admin ui). Can someone explain why this differs or which number is the correct one?

Regards,
Stephan