Re: Purge files on NFS or S3?

CF Runtime

Hi John,

James is correct, the resources do not get cleaned up. The system does not
have any runtime dependencies on any of them however. They are used when
pushing an app to prevent the user from having to push a large file that
the system has already seen.

You should be able to delete the contents of the resources blobstore. This
is the path defined by
properties.cc.resource_pool.resource_directory_key in your deployment
manifest.

Removing anything in the buildpacks, droplets, or packages folders can
cause problems in the running system.

- CF Runtime Team

john, i think the resource files may grow forever right now without
intervention.

i'm pretty confident that when apps are deleted that their droplets are
deleted with them and that proper garbage collection occurs with that.

i'm unaware of any NFS file system to s3 blob migration. you would need to
update the CC_DB references too i'm pretty sure. i'm interested if you
find
out more.

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 1:14 PM, John Wong <gokoproject at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
> I just looked at our disk usage on NFS server. We have used like 200G
so
far, and I wonder if there's a systematic way to purge files we don't
need
(or how do I know I don't need them)?

Similarly, if I were to replace NFS server with S3 instead, does the
existing process (if any) work with S3?