When Bosh decide a job requires upgrade when doing bosh deploy? And what's the upgrade steps?


Dongfei Wu
 

When Bosh decide a job requires upgrade when doing bosh deploy? And what's the upgrade steps?


Gwenn Etourneau
 

What about just reading documentation first ?
http://bosh.io/docs/deploying-step-by-step.html

Update can be trigger by bosh release (package, job), stemcell update and
so on...

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 9:21 PM, Dongfei Wu <wudongfei(a)gmail.com> wrote:

When Bosh decide a job requires upgrade when doing bosh deploy? And
what's the upgrade steps?


Dongfei Wu
 

Thx Gwenn,
My problem is that, I have a service tile that running for a while(monit stop/start is invoked, a few files are changed, but no files packages/jobs are changed), do bosh deploy with same manifest triggers jobs to update. I don't know why.


Gwenn Etourneau
 

"a few files are changed" which file ?

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Dongfei Wu <wudongfei(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Thx Gwenn,
My problem is that, I have a service tile that running for a while(monit
stop/start is invoked, a few files are changed, but no files packages/jobs
are changed), do bosh deploy with same manifest triggers jobs to update. I
don't know why.


Dongfei Wu
 

Sorry, by "service tile", I mean a bosh release.


Dongfei Wu
 

Files in /var/vcap/store, and /var/vcap/data


Dmitriy Kalinin
 

Dongfei: you can run `bosh task X --debug|grep changes` to see additional
information why bosh thought it needed to update machines.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 11:43 PM, Dongfei Wu <wudongfei(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Files in /var/vcap/store, and /var/vcap/data


Dongfei Wu
 

Thx Dmitriy,
After a couple of times delete and deploy, my services suddenly works as expected now. I'll dig into it next time when it happens.


Gwenn Etourneau
 

HI ,

"my services suddenly" do not exist with Bosh. There is no Magic here

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Dongfei Wu <wudongfei(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Thx Dmitriy,
After a couple of times delete and deploy, my services suddenly works as
expected now. I'll dig into it next time when it happens.


Dongfei Wu
 

True.. The problem come back again.
@Dmitriy Kalinin,
The log shows:
Updating instance **, changes: state
What does that mean?


Dmitriy Kalinin
 

Did you run bosh start/stop on that instance? If you previously stopped it,
you will have to run bosh start on it.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 7:19 PM, Dongfei Wu <wudongfei(a)gmail.com> wrote:

True.. The problem come back again.
@Dmitriy Kalinin,
The log shows:
Updating instance **, changes: state
What does that mean?


Dongfei Wu
 

I did use monit to stop/start some process, but not the whole vm.