Date
Re: Server error, status code: 500, error code: 170011, message: Stager error: Failed to open TCP connection to stager.service.cf.internal:8888

Danny Berger

Hi Arpit - this message is fairly specific to the Cloud Foundry releases, so you might have better luck emailing the cf-dev@... where there's more experience deploying CF and seeing these particular error messages. A cursory suggestion to investigate might be that cells are not correctly running or reporting in. I think cf-dev will be able to help out more, or feel free to join the channels at http://slack.cloudfoundry.org.

Danny

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Arpit Sharma <arpitvipulsharma@...> wrote:
Dear Team,

I have deployed CF as per official doc from cloudfoundry site on vsphere. When I am pushing an app, I am getting below mentioned error

Server error, status code: 500, error code: 170011, message: Stager error: Failed to open TCP connection to stager.service.cf.internal:8888

Can anyone help me with this?

--
Danny Berger

Server error, status code: 500, error code: 170011, message: Stager error: Failed to open TCP connection to stager.service.cf.internal:8888

Arpit Sharma

Dear Team,

I have deployed CF as per official doc from cloudfoundry site on vsphere. When I am pushing an app, I am getting below mentioned error

Server error, status code: 500, error code: 170011, message: Stager error: Failed to open TCP connection to stager.service.cf.internal:8888

Can anyone help me with this?

Re: Is there a way to specify the filesystem format in BOSH v1 manifest schema

Dr Nic Williams

The version of the manifest isn’t the main issue - you will need to upgrade your bosh director. But it is highly encouraged for you to be regularly upgrading your bosh environments.

See bosh-deployment repo for a wonderful way to deploy your bosh environments.

One option is to use the multiple persistent disk feature of bosh - this creates disks and does not format them.

http://www.starkandwayne.com/blog/bosh-multiple-disks/

Ponraj E <ponraj.e@...>

Hi Colleagues,

Currently bosh uses ext4 filesystem format by default for the attached persistent disks. Is there a way to specify some other filesystem format (like XFS) in BOSH V1 manifest schema?
I am aware of this https://bosh.io/docs/persistent-disk-fs.html but looks like this is for V2 manifest schema.

Regards,
Ponraj

Re: Default user and password for bosh-lite vm

Jain, Ashish

Tips section has details https://bosh.io/docs/bosh-lite.html

On 01/11/17, 10:02 PM, "Arpit Sharma" <arpitvipulsharma@...> wrote:

Hi Team,

I have deployed bosh lite with followed link https://bosh.io/docs/bosh-lite.html
Can any one update me how i can login in this vm? What will be default user and password for the vm which is deployed in virtualbox?

Regards:
Arpit Sharma

1 of 3 pre-start scripts failed. Failed Jobs: cloud_controller_ng. Successful Jobs: route_registrar, consul_agent

Arpit Sharma

Dear Team,
We are deploying cloud foundry on vsphere using bosh. We are getting following error on deployment of cf. Can anyone help me with this?

Task 56 | 16:37:14 | Updating instance api_z1: api_z1/da2b9778-64dd-444d-9b90-d22397ba83de (0) (canary) (00:00:33)

                   L Error: Action Failed get_task: Task 535ba5ee-07f6-4750-4ad2-f527d0e4126c result: 1 of 3 pre-start scripts failed. Failed Jobs: cloud_controller_ng. Successful Jobs: route_registrar, consul_agent.

Task 56 | 16:37:47 | Error: Action Failed get_task: Task 535ba5ee-07f6-4750-4ad2-f527d0e4126c result: 1 of 3 pre-start scripts failed. Failed Jobs: cloud_controller_ng. Successful Jobs: route_registrar, consul_agent.

Task 56 Started  Thu Nov  9 16:26:01 UTC 2017

Task 56 Finished Thu Nov  9 16:37:47 UTC 2017

Task 56 Duration 00:11:46

Task 56 error

Updating deployment:

  Expected task '56' to succeed but state is 'error'

Exit code 1 ​

Nominations Open: CF Summit NA CFP Co-Chair

Swarna Podila

Hello!
For those of you that I haven't interacted with yet, I am Swarna Podila, and have been dubbed the Community Manager for CF community.  I will make sure we will have plenty of opportunities to meet virtually and face-to-face.

As you can imagine, we (at the Foundation) have begun planning for CF Summit, Boston in April 2018.  I would like to share with you that we are accepting nominations for CFP Co-Chairs to help curate content for Cloud Foundry Summit North America 2018.  Please nominate yourself or a fellow community member that would represent the greater Cloud Foundry community's interest and are leaders in the community.  And feel free to unicast or post your questions here.

I am super psyched to be here and look forward to meeting y'all over the coming months.

Cheers,
Swarna.

Re: CF mailing lists migration Tuesday at 9am PST

Chris Clark

Migration is now complete and things seem fully functional (including search function).  Please let me know if you have any issues or concerns.  You can take a look at the new interface here, or just continue to use email.

Links to the old lists have been redirected and should be working fine.
However, if there are links out there (in documentation, stack overflow, wherever) pointing to specific posts on the lists, those links have broken.  Hopefully the search function will allow people to easily find old posts, so this shouldn't be a big inconvenience.  If it is, please let me know.

- Chris Clark

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Chris Clark <cclark@...> wrote:
Hello all,

CF-bosh, and all other Cloud Foundry Foundation mailing lists, will be migrating from Mailman to Groups.io on Nov 7th, Tuesday morning, at 9am PST.  Migration should take an hour or two, and during this time there will be a delay in any new posts.  The archives will be still be available.

Groups.io should provide significant improvements in functionality and UI over Mailman.  For those of you interacting with this list solely through email, you likely won't even notice the change.  If you use the interface at lists.cloudfoundry.org, you will soon see a nice new GUI to use... the domain, and associated URLs, will remain the same.  If you'd like to learn more about Groups.io, please reference their documentation.

I'll let you know Tuesday once migration is complete.  Please reach out if you have any questions, concerns, exultations.

Chris Clark

Access of cf from bosh lite

Arpit Sharma

Dear Team,

I have deployed cf on bosh lite. But cf is only able to accessable from that server because its based on boshlite. we installed bosh lite from the link https://bosh.io/docs/bosh-lite.html and cloud foundry from official http://docs.cloudfoundry.org/deploying/boshlite/index.html.Is there any way I can get access of this cf to on our lan?

<https://groups.io/static/help>.

I'll let you know Tuesday once migration is complete. Please reach out if
you have any questions, concerns, exultations.

Chris Clark

Bosh compatible vSphere version

nitin padalia

Hi,
Is there any compatibility list of BOSH with vSphere version. Say I am upgrading my vSphere environment then how can I safely say that it won't impact my CF deployment or other deployments managed by BOSH.

Re: Default user and password for bosh-lite vm

Tyler Schultz

The Tips section of the page you linked to has instructions on how to ssh
into the director vm.

--Tyler

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Arpit Sharma <arpitvipulsharma(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi Team,

I have deployed bosh lite with followed link https://bosh.io/docs/bosh-
lite.html
Can any one update me how i can login in this vm? What will be default
user and password for the vm which is deployed in virtualbox?

Regards:
Arpit Sharma

Default user and password for bosh-lite vm

Arpit Sharma

Hi Team,

I have deployed bosh lite with followed link https://bosh.io/docs/bosh-lite.html
Can any one update me how i can login in this vm? What will be default user and password for the vm which is deployed in virtualbox?

Regards:
Arpit Sharma

Re: Can I clear /var/vcap/micro_bosh/data/cache?

Steffen Uhlig

Thanks, Adrian. I did that before, but I am not sure if I recently ran that.

Is that command supposed to clean up all unused cache entries?

Thanks.

Steffen.

Re: Can a Bosh deployment be aborted when drain script returns non-zero exit code?

Carol Morneau

You're exactly right.

From /var/vcap/bosh/log:

2017-10-19_20:09:16.76704 [Cmd Runner] 2017/10/19 20:09:16 DEBUG - Stderr:
2017-10-19_20:09:16.76704 [Cmd Runner] 2017/10/19 20:09:16 DEBUG - Successful: false (1)
2017-10-19_20:09:16.76705 [ParallelScript] 2017/10/19 20:09:16 ERROR - '/var/vcap/jobs/containers/bin/drain' script has failed with error: Script did not return a signed integer: strconv.ParseInt: parsing "": invalid syntax
2017-10-19_20:09:16.76705 [Drain Action] 2017/10/19 20:09:16 DEBUG - Got a result
2017-10-19_20:09:16.76706 [Task Service] 2017/10/19 20:09:16 ERROR - Failed processing task #01b91a43-4f6e-4b52-5c65-0d7fd18d0b4d got: 1 of 1 drain scripts failed. Failed Jobs: containers.

Would you recommend a better way to fail a deployment?

Re: Can a Bosh deployment be aborted when drain script returns non-zero exit code?

Dmitriy Kalinin

it fails most likely due to this:
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh-agent/blob/master/agent/script/drain/concrete_script.go#L157

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Carol Morneau <carol.morneau(a)solace.com>
wrote:

Thanks Dmitriy for your input.

Here's an example of a drain script that does abort the deployment:

#!/bin/bash
set -e
false

Re: Can a Bosh deployment be aborted when drain script returns non-zero exit code?

Carol Morneau

Thanks Dmitriy for your input.

Here's an example of a drain script that does abort the deployment:

#!/bin/bash
set -e
false

Re: Can a Bosh deployment be aborted when drain script returns non-zero exit code?

Dmitriy Kalinin

currently bosh only relies on stdout of the script to determine success. given this historic behaviour its a bit hard to migrate to exit code paradigm (similar to our other scripts) without unintentionally breaking a few drain scripts. its definitely something we want to get done at some point though.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 19, 2017, at 8:33 AM, Carol Morneau <carol.morneau(a)solace.com> wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Can someone explain what bosh does when a drain-script returns a non-zero exit code? From my testing, it appears to carry-on with the deployment no matter what the exit code is.

Here's a drain-script I'd hope would abort a deployment:
#!/bin/bash
echo 0
exit 1

I would like to be able to abort a deployment when the drain-script returns a non-zero code. Is there a way I could achieve that?

Thanks for you help,
Carol