Date
Re: Default user and password for bosh-lite vm

Jain, Ashish

Tips section has details https://bosh.io/docs/bosh-lite.html

On 01/11/17, 10:02 PM, "Arpit Sharma" <arpitvipulsharma@...> wrote:

Hi Team,

I have deployed bosh lite with followed link https://bosh.io/docs/bosh-lite.html
Can any one update me how i can login in this vm? What will be default user and password for the vm which is deployed in virtualbox?

Regards:
Arpit Sharma

1 of 3 pre-start scripts failed. Failed Jobs: cloud_controller_ng. Successful Jobs: route_registrar, consul_agent

Arpit Sharma

Dear Team,
We are deploying cloud foundry on vsphere using bosh. We are getting following error on deployment of cf. Can anyone help me with this?

Task 56 | 16:37:14 | Updating instance api_z1: api_z1/da2b9778-64dd-444d-9b90-d22397ba83de (0) (canary) (00:00:33)

                   L Error: Action Failed get_task: Task 535ba5ee-07f6-4750-4ad2-f527d0e4126c result: 1 of 3 pre-start scripts failed. Failed Jobs: cloud_controller_ng. Successful Jobs: route_registrar, consul_agent.

Task 56 | 16:37:47 | Error: Action Failed get_task: Task 535ba5ee-07f6-4750-4ad2-f527d0e4126c result: 1 of 3 pre-start scripts failed. Failed Jobs: cloud_controller_ng. Successful Jobs: route_registrar, consul_agent.

Task 56 Started  Thu Nov  9 16:26:01 UTC 2017

Task 56 Finished Thu Nov  9 16:37:47 UTC 2017

Task 56 Duration 00:11:46

Task 56 error

Updating deployment:

  Expected task '56' to succeed but state is 'error'

Exit code 1 ​

Nominations Open: CF Summit NA CFP Co-Chair

Swarna Podila

Hello!
For those of you that I haven't interacted with yet, I am Swarna Podila, and have been dubbed the Community Manager for CF community.  I will make sure we will have plenty of opportunities to meet virtually and face-to-face.

As you can imagine, we (at the Foundation) have begun planning for CF Summit, Boston in April 2018.  I would like to share with you that we are accepting nominations for CFP Co-Chairs to help curate content for Cloud Foundry Summit North America 2018.  Please nominate yourself or a fellow community member that would represent the greater Cloud Foundry community's interest and are leaders in the community.  And feel free to unicast or post your questions here.

I am super psyched to be here and look forward to meeting y'all over the coming months.

Cheers,
Swarna.

Re: CF mailing lists migration Tuesday at 9am PST

Chris Clark

Migration is now complete and things seem fully functional (including search function).  Please let me know if you have any issues or concerns.  You can take a look at the new interface here, or just continue to use email.

Links to the old lists have been redirected and should be working fine.
However, if there are links out there (in documentation, stack overflow, wherever) pointing to specific posts on the lists, those links have broken.  Hopefully the search function will allow people to easily find old posts, so this shouldn't be a big inconvenience.  If it is, please let me know.

- Chris Clark

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Chris Clark <cclark@...> wrote:
Hello all,

CF-bosh, and all other Cloud Foundry Foundation mailing lists, will be migrating from Mailman to Groups.io on Nov 7th, Tuesday morning, at 9am PST.  Migration should take an hour or two, and during this time there will be a delay in any new posts.  The archives will be still be available.

Groups.io should provide significant improvements in functionality and UI over Mailman.  For those of you interacting with this list solely through email, you likely won't even notice the change.  If you use the interface at lists.cloudfoundry.org, you will soon see a nice new GUI to use... the domain, and associated URLs, will remain the same.  If you'd like to learn more about Groups.io, please reference their documentation.

I'll let you know Tuesday once migration is complete.  Please reach out if you have any questions, concerns, exultations.

Chris Clark

Access of cf from bosh lite

Arpit Sharma

Dear Team,

I have deployed cf on bosh lite. But cf is only able to accessable from that server because its based on boshlite. we installed bosh lite from the link https://bosh.io/docs/bosh-lite.html and cloud foundry from official http://docs.cloudfoundry.org/deploying/boshlite/index.html.Is there any way I can get access of this cf to on our lan?

<https://groups.io/static/help>.

I'll let you know Tuesday once migration is complete. Please reach out if
you have any questions, concerns, exultations.

Chris Clark

Bosh compatible vSphere version

nitin padalia

Hi,
Is there any compatibility list of BOSH with vSphere version. Say I am upgrading my vSphere environment then how can I safely say that it won't impact my CF deployment or other deployments managed by BOSH.

Re: Default user and password for bosh-lite vm

Tyler Schultz

The Tips section of the page you linked to has instructions on how to ssh
into the director vm.

--Tyler

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Arpit Sharma <arpitvipulsharma(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi Team,

I have deployed bosh lite with followed link https://bosh.io/docs/bosh-
lite.html
Can any one update me how i can login in this vm? What will be default
user and password for the vm which is deployed in virtualbox?

Regards:
Arpit Sharma

Default user and password for bosh-lite vm

Arpit Sharma

Hi Team,

I have deployed bosh lite with followed link https://bosh.io/docs/bosh-lite.html
Can any one update me how i can login in this vm? What will be default user and password for the vm which is deployed in virtualbox?

Regards:
Arpit Sharma

Re: Can I clear /var/vcap/micro_bosh/data/cache?

Steffen Uhlig

Thanks, Adrian. I did that before, but I am not sure if I recently ran that.

Is that command supposed to clean up all unused cache entries?

Thanks.

Steffen.

Re: Can a Bosh deployment be aborted when drain script returns non-zero exit code?

Carol Morneau

You're exactly right.

From /var/vcap/bosh/log:

2017-10-19_20:09:16.76704 [Cmd Runner] 2017/10/19 20:09:16 DEBUG - Stderr:
2017-10-19_20:09:16.76704 [Cmd Runner] 2017/10/19 20:09:16 DEBUG - Successful: false (1)
2017-10-19_20:09:16.76705 [ParallelScript] 2017/10/19 20:09:16 ERROR - '/var/vcap/jobs/containers/bin/drain' script has failed with error: Script did not return a signed integer: strconv.ParseInt: parsing "": invalid syntax
2017-10-19_20:09:16.76705 [Drain Action] 2017/10/19 20:09:16 DEBUG - Got a result
2017-10-19_20:09:16.76706 [Task Service] 2017/10/19 20:09:16 ERROR - Failed processing task #01b91a43-4f6e-4b52-5c65-0d7fd18d0b4d got: 1 of 1 drain scripts failed. Failed Jobs: containers.

Would you recommend a better way to fail a deployment?

Re: Can a Bosh deployment be aborted when drain script returns non-zero exit code?

Dmitriy Kalinin

it fails most likely due to this:
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh-agent/blob/master/agent/script/drain/concrete_script.go#L157

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Carol Morneau <carol.morneau(a)solace.com>
wrote:

Thanks Dmitriy for your input.

Here's an example of a drain script that does abort the deployment:

#!/bin/bash
set -e
false

Re: Can a Bosh deployment be aborted when drain script returns non-zero exit code?

Carol Morneau

Thanks Dmitriy for your input.

Here's an example of a drain script that does abort the deployment:

#!/bin/bash
set -e
false

Re: Can a Bosh deployment be aborted when drain script returns non-zero exit code?

Dmitriy Kalinin

currently bosh only relies on stdout of the script to determine success. given this historic behaviour its a bit hard to migrate to exit code paradigm (similar to our other scripts) without unintentionally breaking a few drain scripts. its definitely something we want to get done at some point though.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 19, 2017, at 8:33 AM, Carol Morneau <carol.morneau(a)solace.com> wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Can someone explain what bosh does when a drain-script returns a non-zero exit code? From my testing, it appears to carry-on with the deployment no matter what the exit code is.

Here's a drain-script I'd hope would abort a deployment:
#!/bin/bash
echo 0
exit 1

I would like to be able to abort a deployment when the drain-script returns a non-zero code. Is there a way I could achieve that?

Thanks for you help,
Carol

Can a Bosh deployment be aborted when drain script returns non-zero exit code?

Carol Morneau

Hi Everybody,

Can someone explain what bosh does when a drain-script returns a non-zero exit code? From my testing, it appears to carry-on with the deployment no matter what the exit code is.

Here's a drain-script I'd hope would abort a deployment:
#!/bin/bash
echo 0
exit 1

I would like to be able to abort a deployment when the drain-script returns a non-zero code. Is there a way I could achieve that?

Thanks for you help,
Carol

Re: Can I clear /var/vcap/micro_bosh/data/cache?

adrian.kurt@...

Hi Steffen

Did you try the bosh cleanup command?

Kind regards
Adrian

I have a BOSH director where I need to free up some disk space. I noticed a number of large files in /var/vcap/micro_bosh/data/cache. Is it safe to delete them?

Regards

Steffen

Can I clear /var/vcap/micro_bosh/data/cache?

Steffen Uhlig

Hi,

I have a BOSH director where I need to free up some disk space. I noticed a number of large files in /var/vcap/micro_bosh/data/cache. Is it safe to delete them?

Regards

Steffen

Bosh Director issue accessing certificates from CredHub

Michael Stancampiano

The following type of errors are occurring when Director attempts to access certificates stored in CredHub during a deployment:
- Failed to fetch variable '/secrets/consul_agent_cert/v1' from config server: Expected data[0] to have key 'value'
- Failed to fetch variable '/secrets/consul_agent_cert/v1' from config server: Expected data[0] to have key 'value'
The manifest deployment file uses dot notation to access the certificate values. Examples:
agent_cert: ((/secrets/consul_agent_cert/v1.certificate))
agent_key: ((/secrets/consul_agent_cert/v1.private_key))

Other CredHub types (password, ssh, value) are processed successfully by Director. The certificates appear to be correctly formatted and returned when using a client (curl, postman) to access them via the CredHub REST API. Is there a known issue with Director accessing certificates from CredHub? Our Director level is 262.3.

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

Re: How to access the IP of my other instance inside my app

Ushani Balasooriya

Thanks Eric. I could do it by using a small bash script . Thanks for your input.

Re: Stemcell upload issue Error: CPI error 'Bosh::Clouds::CloudError' with message

Danny Berger

Hi - you may want to verify that your director has connectivity to the
internet and AWS API in the us-east-1 region. Perhaps you can try running
the following after SSH'ing to the director.

$ curl -vvv https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com

Danny

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Krish J <imur1978(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,
I am getting below exception while uploading stemcell using bosh v version
2.0.40-9fc1ea4-2017-09-18T23:00:15Z

~/bosh-cli-ex$ bosh -e bosh-1 upload-stemcell ~/bosh-cli-ex/light-bosh-
stemcell-3445.11-aws-xen-hvm-ubuntu-trusty-go_agent.tgz --sha1 2YDE+Dsl+
D41WfDnYOLNIxNXx6hsd5HJk9PmR6j+
Using environment '10.0.0.6' as client 'admin'

######################################################### 100.00% 892.62
KB/s 0s
Task 24

Task 24 | 17:49:06 | Update stemcell: Extracting stemcell archive
(00:00:00)
Task 24 | 17:49:06 | Update stemcell: Verifying stemcell manifest
(00:00:00)
Task 24 | 17:52:41 | Error: CPI error 'Bosh::Clouds::CloudError' with
message 'Unable to create a connection to AWS. Please check your provided
settings: Region 'us-east-1', Endpoint 'Not provided'.
IaaS Error: #<Seahorse::Client::NetworkingError: execution expired>' in
'info' CPI method

Task 24 Started Fri Sep 22 17:49:06 UTC 2017
Task 24 Finished Fri Sep 22 17:52:41 UTC 2017
Task 24 Duration 00:03:35
Task 24 error

Uploading stemcell file:
Expected task '24' to succeed but state is 'error'

Exit code 1

Can any one help on this.
Thanks in Advance.

Regrd