From: cf-bosh@... <cf-bosh@...> on behalf of Benjamin Gandon <benjamin@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:12:59 PM
To: Discussions about the Cloud Foundry BOSH project.
Subject: Re: [cf-bosh] post hook into bosh delete vm command

Indeed, thank you for mentioning it Marco!

I was focused towards providing a working solution in my answer, not broadening the problem too much.

I definitely support this proposal. From the very start I found the {"persistent_disk":0} solution very workaround-ish indeed. For in-memory database, or anything stateless that needs draining, this currenty-state-of-the-art-workaround would not work.

In which form are you expecting feedback or support?

Best,
Benjamin GANDON

Le 28 juin 2018 à 14:34, Marco Voelz <marco.voelz@...> a écrit :

Hi,

Please note that all of the things Benjamin mentioned are mere workarounds rather than a desireable solution. We're looking for feedback for the proposal at https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh-notes/blob/master/proposals/drain-actions.md which would introduce a way for scripts to detect state changes in a drain script.

From: <cf-bosh@....org> on behalf of Marco Nicosia <mnicosia@...>
Date: Thursday, 26 July 2018 at 8:11 AM
To: "cf-bosh@....org" <cf-bosh@....org>
Cc: "Voelz, Marco" <marco.voelz@...>

From one Marco to another, I’m happy to congratulate you! Bravo!

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 17:37 Chip Childers <cchilders@...> wrote:

I'd like to officially announce that Marco Voelz is now the PMC Lead for the CF BOSH PMC. We're all looking forward to your leadership with the BOSH project community Marco!

-chip

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 3:33 AM Chip Childers <cchilders@...> wrote:

All,

Dmitry Kalinin has decided to step down from his formal role in the CFF as the PMC Lead for the BOSH PMC. As such, nominations are now open for that roll.

Dmitry has nominated Marco Voelz (from SAP) to take on this roll (and Marco has acknowledged his interest).

If any CFF member participating in a BOSH PMC project wishes to nominate someone else, please do so by the end of the week by contacting me directly. Nominations will close by Monday July 23. After the nomination window, we will hold a vote of the BOSH PMC to select the new lead.

Thanks, and please let me know if you have any questions about this.

For reference, the PMC lead is defined in the CFF's Dev Governance Policy here > https://www.cloudfoundry.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CFF_Development_Governance.pdf

Relevant text here:

"The PMC Lead is responsible for coordinating the activities of their respective PMCs, assisting in prioritizing that PMC’s Projects’ Backlog, assisting in resolving disputes within that PMC, and meeting with their respective PMC members. [snip] (PMC Leads) shall be either (1) a Project Lead participating in one of the PMC’s Projects or (2) a participant from a Member that has at least one Dedicated Committer in that PMC’s Active Projects. PMC Leads should generally be the most qualified Project Lead in that PMC. [snip] the PMC Lead/s may be nominated by any PMC Member, and elected by the PMC members using Governance by Contribution within that PMC. "

  Marco Nicosia

  Product Manager

  Pivotal Software, Inc.

  c: 650-796-2948

Re: BOSH PMC Lead - Call for Nominations

Marco Voelz

From: <cf-bosh@...> on behalf of Marco Nicosia <mnicosia@...>
Date: Thursday, 26 July 2018 at 8:11 AM
To: "cf-bosh@..." <cf-bosh@...>
Cc: "Voelz, Marco" <marco.voelz@...>

From one Marco to another, I’m happy to congratulate you! Bravo!

[...]

Re: BOSH CPI for Huawei

Chip Childers

[...]

Corey Innis

From: <cf-bosh@...> on behalf of Marco Nicosia <mnicosia@...>
Date: Thursday, 26 July 2018 at 8:11 AM
To: "cf-bosh@..." <cf-bosh@...>
Cc: "Voelz, Marco" <marco.voelz@...>

From one Marco to another, I’m happy to congratulate you! Bravo!

[...]

Dr Nic Williams

The more Marcos the better!

From: <cf-bosh@...> on behalf of Marco Nicosia <mnicosia@...>
Date: Thursday, 26 July 2018 at 8:11 AM
To: "cf-bosh@..." <cf-bosh@...>
Cc: "Voelz, Marco" <marco.voelz@...>

From one Marco to another, I’m happy to congratulate you! Bravo!

[...]

Jain, Ashish

Congratulations Marco!

Best regards,

Ashish

From: <cf-bosh@...> on behalf of Marco Nicosia <mnicosia@...>
Date: Thursday, 26 July 2018 at 8:11 AM
To: "cf-bosh@..." <cf-bosh@...>
Cc: "Voelz, Marco" <marco.voelz@...>

From one Marco to another, I’m happy to congratulate you! Bravo!

[...]

From one Marco to another, I’m happy to congratulate you! Bravo!

[...]

BOSH CPI for Huawei

jun zhong

Hello cf-bosh community,

I am a developer work for Huawei Corporation.

We are trying to propose the Huawei cloud CPI in Cloudfoundry [1]

Can somebody tell me how to start this work? Thanks!

Is there a guiding doc about the process of create the

sub-project under the BOSH community, how to merge

it BOSH release, and what are the necessary

conditions (such as: CI, unit tests, package) for

CPI code?

[1] https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator

Thanks

JUN

Re: BOSH PMC Lead - Call for Nominations

Stanislav German-Evtushenko

I'm already missing Dimitry. Thank you very much all the work and good luck!

Let's make sure BOSH keeps evolving and saves enormous amount of time and efforts for operators.

Re: BOSH PMC Lead - Call for Nominations

sridhar vennela

BOSH is going to miss you.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Gwenn Etourneau <getourneau@...> wrote:
Wow..
That's a big change .. I am quite sad, Dimitry always have been supportive and very helpful.

So only things we can say "Thanks you ! And good luck for the next .."

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 2:55 AM Michael Maximilien <mmaximilien@...> wrote:
I second the various kudos to DK. Truly outstanding job and leadership. Excited to see what next?

Cheers mate,

max

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 4:07 PM, Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams@...> wrote:
Thank you Dmitriy for being a stoic leader of BOSH for so many years.

Nic

Wait, I guess stepping down as the PMC lead does not mean he's stepping down as the lead in the various bosh projects he leads, right?

Mike

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 2:37 PM Mike Youngstrom <youngm@...> wrote:
Wow!  This is a big change!  Thanks Dimitry for all you've done over the years guiding and maturing Bosh.

Mike

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 1:33 PM Chip Childers <cchilders@...> wrote:
[...]

Gwenn Etourneau