Date

Bosh Deploy Says NoSuchKey However Object exists in the blobstore

nitin padalia

Hi,

I've switched my bosh director blobstore from one s3 endpoint to another s3 endpoint. However now when I doing deploy of a cf-relase is says :
stderr: '2017/07/07 13:31:28 performing operation get: NoSuchKey: The specified key does not exist.
status code: 404, request id: 183c919a-f2cb-10a2-9459-005056a56656

By looking into logs when I see it failed for command:
'bosh-blobstore-s3 -c /var/vcap/bosh/etc/blobstore-s3.json get 04e527da-3594-4661-bf50-6591d7d32ed3 /var/vcap/data/tmp/bosh-blobstore....

When I looked for object 04e527da-3594-4661-bf50-6591d7d32ed3 in the respective s3 bucket, I found that object was there, not sure why it is giving me 404 then.

Ran bosh cck, also tried uploading releases with --fix and then doing bosh deploy

Re: Communication to blobs tore failing during bosh deploy

Koper, Dies <diesk@...>

Hi Nitin,

I wonder if you could be hitting the following issue:
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/n/projects/956238/stories/143700951

This was fixed in https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh-cli/releases/tag/v2.0.17.

Cloud Foundry Product Manager - CLI

*From: *Dmitriy Kalinin <dkalinin(a)pivotal.io>
*Date: *Friday, June 30, 2017 at 12:17 PM
*To: *"Discussions about the Cloud Foundry BOSH project." <
cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>
*Subject: *[cf-bosh] Re: Bosh newbie with log-in issue

After running `export BOSH_ENVIRONMENT=$(bbl director-address)` there is
no need to specify -e on subsequent commands. My guess is that whatever
`bbl director-address` returns is different from what you are typing in -e,
hence cli considers them different destinations. Try running env and deploy
commands without -e.

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Paul Sorensen <paul.sorensen(a)magnet.com>
wrote:

I’m new to bosh, and trying to get an AWS Cloud Foundry set up going. I’m
trying to get step 2 working from the “cf-deployment” docs here:
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-deployment#readiness

I start by logging into bosh director:

$ export BOSH_ENVIRONMENT=$(bbl director-address)

$ bosh log-in

Using environment 'https://X.X.X.X:25555' as client 'admin'

Logged in to 'https://X.X.X.X:25555'

Succeeded

$ export SYSTEM_DOMAIN=X

$ bosh -e X.X.X.X -d cf deploy cf-deployment/cf-deployment.yml
--vars-store env-repo/deployment-vars.yml -v system_domain=$SYSTEM_DOMAIN
-o cf-deployment/operations/aws.yml -o cf-deployment/operations/
change-logging-port-for-aws-elb.yml -o cf-deployment/operations/
disable-router-tls-termination.yml -o cf-deployment/operations/
scale-to-one-az.yml

Using environment 'X.X.X.X' as anonymous user

Using deployment 'cf'

Processing release 'binary-buildpack/1.0.13':

Finding releases:

Director responded with non-successful status code '401' response 'Not
authorized: '/releases'

'

Exit code 1

So, I’m logged in but not authorized? Then I run this:

$ bosh -e X.X.X.X env

Using environment 'X.X.X.X' as anonymous user

Name bosh-bbl-env-saimaa-2017-06-21t21-02z

UUID 2e6d1363-819f-45da-b82e-[snip]

Version 261.4.0 (00000000)

CPI aws_cpi

Features compiled_package_cache: disabled

config_server: disabled

dns: disabled

snapshots: disabled

User (not logged in)

Succeeded

And see that indeed, it says I’m not logged in – but I ran the “bosh
log-in” command. Is there another type of log-in?

This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which this mail is addressed and may contain
under applicable law. Any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this
e-mail or the attached files by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by reply e-mail or collect call to (650) 388-4111 and
delete this e-mail and attached files from your system. Thank you.

This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which this mail is addressed and may contain
under applicable law. Any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this
e-mail or the attached files by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by reply e-mail or collect call to (650) 388-4111 and
delete this e-mail and attached files from your system. Thank you.

Re: Bosh newbie with log-in issue

Paul Sorensen

From: Dmitriy Kalinin <dkalinin(a)pivotal.io>
Date: Friday, June 30, 2017 at 12:17 PM
To: "Discussions about the Cloud Foundry BOSH project." <cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Paul Sorensen <paul.sorensen(a)magnet.com<mailto:paul.sorensen(a)magnet.com>> wrote:
[...]

This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which this mail is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail or the attached files by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail or collect call to (650) 388-4111<tel:(650)%20388-4111> and delete this e-mail and attached files from your system. Thank you.

This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which this mail is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail or the attached files by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail or collect call to (650) 388-4111 and delete this e-mail and attached files from your system. Thank you.

wrote:

[...]

Re: Upgrade Bosh Director

Brandon Hudlemeyer

[...]

Upgrade Bosh Director

nitin padalia

Hi,

How can I upgrade my bosh director to a new version, can you point me some documentation if any?

Also is there any way to download bosh director manifest, like we can download deployment manifest of deployments managed by bosh director.

Thanks! in advance.
-Nitin

Upgrade Bosh Director

nitin padalia

Hi,

I want to upgrade my bosh directory, is there any documentation for that?

Also I can dowload deployment manifests of deployments managed by bosh director, similarly if I want to download bosh directory deployment manifest, how can I do that?

Re: How to Deploy a CF Tile in BOSH

Imesh Gunaratne

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your quick response! Let me explain things in detail.

My attempt to is to implement a sample service broker and see how services work on CloudFoundry (CF). The end goal of this process is to implement service brokers for WSO2 middleware similar to Redis, MySQL and other service brokers currently available on the Pivotal network.

As I understood, to do this I need to things:
1. A service broker API
2. WSO2 middleware deployment automation

My plan is to deploy the service broker API on CF as an application and deploy WSO2 middleware on BOSH using a Tile. The idea is to make it work on any CF environment (on-premise & public cloud).

I started by generating a sample Tile using the Tile Generator and tried to deploy it on AWS by setting up a CF environment using the CloudFormation templates given. There I found that CF itself requires nearly 45 EC2 instances and thought of using BOSH lite and PCF Dev instead.

Now I have setup BOSH lite and PCF Dev on my local machine and trying to deploy the above sample Tile on it. This sample Tile has a simple bash script with an echo command. When I build the Tile, I can see that it is generating a BOSH release and a .pivotal file containing the BOSH release to be deployed via the Ops Manager.

Now, as I do not have Ops Manager running locally I tried deploying the BOSH release generated by the tile build in BOSH lite. I also tried setting up an Ops Manager locally but I could not find much information that and its Git repository. Really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks
Imesh

Re: Interpreting Bosh Version

Danny Berger

BOSH, prior to v258, reported a stemcell-style version number. If you
remove the first and last piece of the version and prefix it with
"stable-", you can generally cross-reference it with the git release tag on
GitHub.

For example, 1.3232.7.0 maps to v256.7 via
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/releases/stable-3232.7.

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 4:23 AM, nitin padalia <padalia.nitin(a)gmail.com>

One of my Bosh deployment displays directors version as:
260.0.0

However another one as:
1.3232.7.0

How to interpret them, and how can I map them with github bosh releases?

Thanks! in advance.
-nitin

--
Danny Berger

Bosh beginner

hemant patre

I have read online docs for bosh and followed steps to install bosh and director. Once succeed with these steps I deployed zookeeper as per online example. It seems it created 5 instances. But where did it create these 5 instances (VM) on my machine or inside director VM?

I want to develop tool which can deploy few softwares on multiple machines. For ex. I have 4 boxes with me A, B, C, D. I want to install bosh director on A and install softwares on remaining 3 boxes (B, C, D). How to set bosh? It seems bosh director deals with only one machine, is this true?

Re: How to Deploy a CF Tile in BOSH

Alex Ley

Hi Imesh,

The tile is designed to be installed on PCF OpsManager [1] not BOSH
directly. This gives enterprises a quick and easy way to deploy your
software without having to know about BOSH.

If you want to get started with learning BOSH, via BOSH lite, you can
follow the guide here [2].

I would be keen to hear what sparked your interest in creating a tile.

[1] https://docs.pivotal.io/pivotalcf/1-11
[2] https://mariash.github.io/learn-bosh/

On 29 June 2017 at 13:54, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh.gunaratne(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Devs,

I generated a sample tile using the Tile Generator [1] and trying to
deploy it on BOSH using bosh-lite.
However, I couldn't find information on that in the documentation [2].
Appreciate your help on this.

[1] https://docs.pivotal.io/tiledev/tile-generator.html
[2] https://docs.pivotal.io/tiledev/bosh-release.html

Thanks
Imesh

Re: Errors during Start Vagrant

João Vitor Brasil <joao.santos.010 at acad.pucrs.br...>

Hello, Danny. As I'm doing nested virtualization, both virtualbox need to be the same version?
I'm think i'll try to install direct in the my own machine to test, but as i've read, the nested virtualization works with virtualbox.

Thanks for the awnser!