Date

how to unlock a deployment

Lynn Lin

when I do a deployment and want to cancel after start deployment , I find it is locked (bosh locks) and try to cancel the tasks (bosh cancel task XX) however several hours later ,it is still in canceling state ,any idea how to unlock ?

Error during release - Package spec is missing

Suhas Basavaraj

I am getting below error while building a package

Package spec is missing

The same code was working before and nothing has changed in the folder representing the package.
Older version doesn't throw this error. Both new and old spec file are same.
Any once has any idea?

Need documents/examples for understanding erb.

Kaneko, Hiroyuki

Hi,

I’m trying to create a ‘release’ for our project and read some documents on the internet like ‘bosh.io’, ‘cf-release’, ‘diego-release’ but I haven’t understood some expressions in erb files.

I was wondering if someone could point me to some good documents for understanding erb related stuff in bosh-release.

I read the below URL but it seems not to have all expressions of erb.
http://bosh.io/docs/reference/jobs.html#use-of-properties

Regards,

Hiroyuki Kaneko
Senior Software Development Engineer

Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd
14 Rodborough Road, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086, Australia
T +61 2 9452 9021
KanekoH(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com<mailto:KanekoH(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com>
fastware.com.au<http://fastware.com.au>

[cid:image005.jpg(a)01D282CB.3933E540]
[cid:image006.jpg(a)01D282CB.3933E540]
Disclaimer

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may contain content that is subject to copyright and/or is commercial-in-confidence and is intended only for the use of the above named addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, copying or use of the information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please telephone Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd on + 61 2 9452 9000 or by reply e-mail to the sender and delete the document and all copies thereof.

Whereas Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd would not knowingly transmit a virus within an email communication, it is the receiver’s responsibility to scan all communication and any files attached for computer viruses and other defects. Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd does not accept liability for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic) however caused, and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from this communication or any files attached.

If you do not wish to receive commercial and/or marketing email messages from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd, please email unsubscribe(a)fast.au.fujitsu.com

Re: M4 instances

Suren R

Absolutely. Just change the instance type in resource pools.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Leandro David Cacciagioni <
leandro.21.2008(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Hey guys is it possible to use m4 instances in bosh deployments? If that's
the case is it possible to update the AWS example in bosh.io

Thanks,
Leandro.-

M4 instances

Leandro David Cacciagioni

Hey guys is it possible to use m4 instances in bosh deployments? If that's
the case is it possible to update the AWS example in bosh.io

Thanks,
Leandro.-

Re: Proposal: BOSH-aware DNS server

Following Amit's suggestion, I'm reposting here the question I had on the
"Proposal Bosh-aware DNS server" at [3] to get more bosh eyes on it:

Could the rationale for moving out of a standard DNS implementation
(powerDNS) can be reminded, or related pointers given?

Is powerDNS deprecation mainly motivated to the low HA capability of the
currently bosh-director hosted version of powerDNS ? If so, could the HA
limitations be overcome?

It seems to me an out-of-the-box robust DNS implementations can bring many
of what this proposal needs and mentions: scalability/caching, robustness,
security, zone affinity (in the form of geoDNS), health checks?, and
reuse/cost efficiency aspects...

Did this proposal consider leveraging off-the-shelf DNS implementation (say
powerDNS), its standard APIs to update DNS records, such as DNS Update [1]
(as an alternative to a bosh-agent based communication scheme), [2], and a
possibly hierarchical and redundant deployment as to ensure scalability and
high availability ?

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2136
[2] https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/dnsupdate/
[3]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GsS1S7XFJoeLR1kYY46u4pcX08lRDvXUrjkssuyKI4s/edit?disco=AAAAAwvjPJ8

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 8:46 PM, Amit Gupta <agupta(a)pivotal.io> wrote:

Hi all,

In service of the initiative to remove the hard dependency on Consul for Locks
& Service Discovery in CF Runtime
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16O5Rk5tOmHc2Qeya7soVHoASAgrH9jYZ0V3fS58dY14/edit>,
we are proposing BOSH-native DNS in the form of a BOSH-aware DNS server.
Please see the proposal document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GsS1S7XFJoeLR1kYY46u4pcX08lRDvXUrjkssuyKI4s/edit#>
for more details and discussion.

[it-infrastructure-alerts] Thursday, January 25th, 6PM PT Mailman 3 Upgrade

Chip Childers

FYI Lists will blip