From: <cf-bosh-bounces(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-bosh-bounces(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>> on behalf of Gwenn Etourneau <getourneau(a)pivotal.io<mailto:getourneau(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 6:10 PM
To: "Discussions about the Cloud Foundry BOSH project." <cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>
Subject: Re: [cf-bosh] Diego support running docker containers

That's two different things ...
One use diego to run container into CF and the second one run container into a VM without any scheduling and so on...Mostly the same as "docker run" ...

So https://github.com/cf-platform-eng/docker-boshrelease/<https://github.com/cf-platform-eng/docker-boshrelease/tree/master/examples> have nothing to do with diego .. I think when you say "bringing up the docker container on my existing Diego release" is just running on the same bosh no ?

Or maybe my understanding is wrong ..

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Shetty, Daya <Daya.Shetty(a)bnymellon.com<mailto:Daya.Shetty(a)bnymellon.com>> wrote:
I read this thread https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/pipermail/cf-dev/2015-July/000720.html and Eric mentions in his reply that the current support level is mentioned under https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/diego-design-notes/blob/master/docker-support.md but I think a more detailed example in
"Pushing a Docker image with Diego CLI Plugin" section would be a welcome addition.

As I was going nowhere with running a Docker container using the above approach I tried https://github.com/cf-platform-eng/docker-boshrelease/<https://github.com/cf-platform-eng/docker-boshrelease/tree/master/examples> and succeeded in bringing up the docker container on my existing Diego release. Is this a parallel effort to support docker containers using the service-broker framework and if that’s true then I’m assuming that this would work fine even with CF’s pre-Diego release?

Thanks,,
Daya

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures relating to European legal entities.

Join cf-bosh@lists.cloudfoundry.org to automatically receive all group messages.