Re: Full text search for the mailing list?

Aaron Huber

I’ll go ahead and register the lists in Nabble. I’ll reply with the links once it’s working.

Aaron

From: Chip Childers [mailto:cchilders(a)cloudfoundry.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 11:39 AM
To: Daniel Mikusa
Cc: Huber, Aaron M; Cyrille Le Clerc; cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org

It would be great if someone from the community took the initiative to register the lists with markmail and nabble!

The reason that we changed the list platform was that we were too large for Google Groups (really!), and people were experiencing errors due to hard limits that google has set for the service.

Chip Childers | Technology Chief of Staff | Cloud Foundry Foundation

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Daniel Mikusa <dmikusa(a)pivotal.io<mailto:dmikusa(a)pivotal.io>> wrote:
Another list I monitor uses markmail.org<http://markmail.org>. Perhaps someone could submit a request to have them index our lists [1]? Looks like Nabble has a similar form [2].

Dan

[1] - http://markmail.org/docs/feedback.xqy

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Huber, Aaron M <aaron.m.huber(a)intel.com<mailto:aaron.m.huber(a)intel.com>> wrote:
I used to just view the posts in the Google Groups web interface as opposed to subscribing via email, so I’m missing the friendly web view and search abilities as well. I was looking around for something that might replace it and found http://www.nabble.com. It looks like they are archiving a large number of OSS mailing lists and it provides most of what is now missing including search and an RSS feed for the posts. I’m guessing it works by just subscribing to the list itself so there would be no impact to mailman.

Does anyone have any experience using it?

Aaron