Re: Seek guide to extend BOSH to support other IaaSs

Jim

Hi James

Thanks for your update. Here are my findings about External CPI:

1. Tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/n/projects/1133984

2. External API for SoftLayer: https://github.com/maximilien/bosh-softlayer-cpi

I can see many contributions by Dmitriy but still don’t know how to contact him.

So far, my understanding is that the team members are developing a new CPI form called External API. To achieve this goal, they are modifying BOSH and extracting existing CPIs ,e.g., aws, vsphere, vcloud, openstack, to be external CPIs. In future, we can write our own External CPI and then inject it into BOSH without source code adjustments on BOSH components. Am I correct?

Jim