Re: AWS DNS resolution + micro bosh

Dmitriy Kalinin

Does it not work at all or is some error is shown?

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Sumanth Yamala <Sumanth.Yamala(a)sas.com>
wrote:

I tried putting 10.0.0.2 as my dns.recursor…I am still having issues
with DNS resolution on nodes which use network with DNS entry of micro-bosh
(10.0.0.6) for the other nodes provisioned there is no issue.

Thanks,

Sumanth

*From:* Dmitriy Kalinin [mailto:dkalinin(a)pivotal.io]
*Sent:* Friday, May 01, 2015 3:39 PM
*To:* Sumanth Yamala
*Cc:* cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org
*Subject:* Re: [cf-bosh] AWS DNS resolution + micro bosh

You should be able to use dns.recursor exactly the same way on AWS as you
did on OpenStack.

Btw AWS provides 10.0.0.2 address in your subnet as a full DNS.

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Sumanth Yamala <Sumanth.Yamala(a)sas.com>
wrote:

Hi ,

I am using the features of BOSH DNS resolution. Deployed a microbosh. In
my deployment manifest I specify for a default network to use 10.0.0.6 as
my DNS.

The behavior is: in AWS

It is able to resolve BOSH deployed VM DNS like
“0.docker.default.docker-sample.microbosh” but it is unable to resolve
yahoo.com. How can I fix this behavior so that this resolves both.

In OpenStack I had a similar issue – I had to put properties:dns:recursor
with the name server that resolves the company network and the “www” to get
around this.

How do I solve this for AWS?

Thanks,

Sumanth